• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I hope the game picks up. After playing it 3-4 hours, the game feels too much like a fetch quests simulator. It won`t be a problem if you enjoyed Dead Island.

I'm watching a PS4 stream on twitch that isn't hopeless quality and it looks very good.

I know H1Z1 isn't really comparable but the "open" environment of Dying light sure looks a hell of lot better than H1Z1 does!

movement is much faster than (say) TLOU. The city is much more vertically complex than GTA5. Lighting is good. Lip-sync is so-so. Voice acting is good enough.
Streamer says it is a better version of dead island (and dead island wasn't bad at all).

co-op unlocks after more than 1% of the single player is done.

NateDrake

Played a couple of hours on the PS4. Visuals are pretty nice. I mostly explored the area and collected random stuff, crafted some weapons and items, and took part in simple quests - like turn on traps. The zombie AI was pretty dumb in these missions, but they were ranked 'Easy'. The game seems to use the environment pretty well, at least so far. Plan to play a lot more tomorrow if I don't lose power in Blizzard 2015.

kingwingin

This game is awesome. Framerate is very good on ps4. Only time it dipped was when I ran by 20 zombies at night.

I can wait to level up my character so I can do some damage to these zombies!

Ibuki

Banned
I played for about an hour, but I have to work in the morning so I'm calling it quits. I totally agree with the Far Cry mixed with Dead Island responses. I'm still deciding if I like it or not, but I will give it another shot tomorrow when I get off. The parkour takes some getting used to, I keep pressing the button instead of holding it. I was on PS4 and the performance seemed to be perfectly fine.

SparkTR

I played for about an hour, but I have to work in the morning so I'm calling it quits. I totally agree with the Far Cry mixed with Dead Island responses. I'm still deciding if I like it or not, but I will give it another shot tomorrow when I get off. The parkour takes some getting used to, I keep pressing the button instead of holding it. I was on PS4 and the performance seemed to be perfectly fine.

Honestly, that sounds horrible.

Phlebas

Banned
Are you talking about the blizzard or just some stupid pun about servers not working at launch?

Neither.

I'm just assuming that it's night for a lot of people and that they might not have friends awake at the same time play with.

I was thinking about picking it up at a 24 hr store by my house on my way home from work.

The co-op is a big draw for me.

Ibuki

Banned
Honestly, that sounds horrible.

It is kind of an odd mix. The missions feel like Far Cry, and of course the psuedo radio tower thing even more so. The combat for sure feels like Dead Island, but I feel like I have to bash the zombies a lot more. I haven't used any skill points or anything, so that's probably why.

Erban1

Even early on the parkour is lot of fun, You get in a groove and start picking out lines in the environment. I can't wait to see what the agility upgrades improve.

Well played for two hours on PS4 and so far I really, really dig it. Movement is fun, melee hits hard and the whole thing is crazy addictive. Shit is just FUN.

This is a way more polished game than Dead Island ever was, I haven't had any issues with performance. Can't wait to unlock the drop kick.

Game is Dead Island mixed with Mirror's Edge with a dallop of Farcry thrown in. Feels really good. Nice to see that WB let them delay the game to polish it, cuz it feels robust.

DOWN

Banned
I hope this screwup wasn't on Warner's end. I want them to have the money to support the game. If it was GameStop for messing up a listing or Sony for generating full game codes, at least they will be responsible with making up the difference in price so the developer is still funded. I can't imagine it gets to be a huge number catching this glitch so late on one platform though.

Top Bottom