• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

BigEmil

I want to see the Wild Arms and Arc the Lad reboots for mobile.

A dream would be Ape Escape 4 in development

Prediction, Demons Souls Re.astered.

Canucked

Fire Emblem Switch
Final Fantasy XVI
More Spider-man
Avengers thing by SE

System competition. Price drops, free games, drama online, gaf bans, console warriors.

It'll be a nice contrast to all things Destiny 2. I'm really interested to see in what ways Gearbox has evolved the formula. It'd be a cool reveal on MS' stage esp if they show any gameplay-- canned or otherwise-- running on Scorpio; in particular since Destiny 2 will be a heavy hitter on Sony's stage, having B3 there takes a bit of the spotlight away from D2, which is why it might be at the Microsoft event. Of course if the reveal trailer is all 'Summer 2018' then it doesn't really eat into Destiny's lunch so I guess it could be at Sony's event.

Regardless, it'll be there.

Every year I get in this mood about a month before E3.

It's categorized by extreme, ever-present nostalgia for Metroid. I want to experience the Prime games again for the first time, I want to see new planets, I want to go behind the visor again, I want to explore a facility while hiding from a super evolved version of myself.

Last year I was hurt, but I maintain hope, for that's all we Metroid fans have now...

ukCxhUj.png

MrBS

Vagrant Story port+/remake for switch
Final Fantasy XIII-4 announced with no details and no release date
Legacy of Kain reboot timed exclusive for xbone
Crackdown retooled as some f2p nonsense
Microsoft shows off new IP, space marine shooter FPS 'not halo' coming soon
Sony brings PS1 games to PS4 via PS Now service only
Sony raises price of PS+ and drops support for PS3 & Vita and adds no additional features
Nintendo delays paid online & online phone app to 2018
Nintendo actually comes through with 2017 release date for Xenoblade 2 along with red switch bundle

sam12

Banjo 3
Perfect Dark Reboot
Ninja Gaiden Xbox exclusive
Lost Odyssey 2
Lost Planet returns
Dino Crisis 4
Panzer Dragoon Orta 2
Jet Set Radio returns
Powerstone 3 Xbox exclusive
Skies of Arcadia Xbox
Otogi 3

All I ask for....

Wamb0wneD

Banjo 3
Perfect Dark Reboot
Lost Odyssey 2
Lost Planet returns
Dino Crisis 4
Panzer Dragoon Orta 2
Jet Set Radio returns
Skies of Arcadia Xbox
Otogi 3

All I ask for....
If you're lucky you'll get one of those. LOL who am I kidding. :( Also why do you want Ninja Gaiden to be exclusive? I'll never get this mindset...

Ushay

Lost Odyssey 2
Power Stone returns
Condemned Reboot
New IP RPG (or Fable) from MS
Metroid for Switch

Any one of these would make E3 great for me.

bebop242

Borderlands 3
Dragons Dogma 2
Horizon Zero Dawn expansion/dlc
Yakuza 2 remake
Colony Wars remake
Demon Souls remake
And hopefully 2-3 exciting looking ips

Oh and some good reasons to use my PSVR.

CPCunha

I want my switch to be happy so...

A kickass Fire Emblem.
Fire Emblem Heroes as fun as Hyrule warriors was.
Xeno2 confirmed.
...and a hefty system updade for the machine... foooooooolders

Banjo 3
Perfect Dark Reboot
Lost Odyssey 2
Lost Planet returns
Dino Crisis 4
Panzer Dragoon Orta 2
Jet Set Radio returns
Skies of Arcadia Xbox
Otogi 3

All I ask for....

Unless you're talking about a remaster, you're not going to get a new Ninja Gaiden anytime soon, let alone a NG for the Xbox lol. Team Ninja said multiple times already to not expect it.

Epcott

Hopes:
Sea of Thieves release date
Console HD releases of recent Sega pc ports
Virtual Console for Switch release week of E3
Dragon's Dogma 2 (Deep Down)
Super Mario Odyssey co-op reveal
Cuphead release date finally
Zelda BOTW story Darkworld DLC
Dreams beta in fall
FFXV multiplayer DLC
Justice League (based on film) Rocksteady
Kameo reboot (Scorpio)
Soul Calibur 6
Star Tropics
Avengers RPG (Square)

Zia

E3 has been extremely disappointing for the past few years, so my hopes and expectations are pretty low.

I'd like a Doom II and Elder Scrolls VI announcement, something from From, something from Valve and a release date on the first batch of Zelda DLC.

Guessing we only receive the latter.

sn00zer

An Ape Escape would do...... that series is flawed in so many many ways, but the base concept is incredible and ripe for a decade or so of game design lessons.

Preble

Unrealistic Dream: Surprise Madden for Switch announcement at E3 lol. Releasing this September.

Still can't believe EA and Nintendo didn't get this locked down with their Fifa for Switch deal.

Banjo 3
Perfect Dark Reboot
Lost Odyssey 2
Lost Planet returns
Dino Crisis 4
Panzer Dragoon Orta 2
Jet Set Radio returns
Skies of Arcadia Xbox
Otogi 3

All I ask for....

Fine choice of games sir,

But what's with the Xbox exclusive shenanigans. With the current lay of the land those games have a better chance of being playstation exclusives. If any of them do turn up hopefully they're multi-platform.

I prefer exclusives to be first party, keeps everyone on their toes.

Sony will announce the cancellation of all their realistic cinematic games and their reshuffled focuses.

They will announce plans to acquire more Japanese development teams and sell off unneeded studios such as Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Guerrilla.

Naughty Dogs entire staff will be working on both Crash and Jak.

Japan Studio will go all in on a high budget Ape Escape remake/reboot, as well as the creation of their own JRPG series.

BELIEVE

Nintendo:

Metroid Prime 4

Super Metroid 2

2d Metroid

Baten Kaitos 2

Baten Kaitos 3

Final Fantasy Tactics

Zelda: Four Swords Adventure 2

Zelda: The Minish Cap 2

Skies of Acardia 2

Microsoft:

Scorpio

Dead Space 4 (go back to original horror)

Sony:

Any will do!

Banjo 3
Perfect Dark Reboot
Lost Odyssey 2
Lost Planet returns
Dino Crisis 4
Panzer Dragoon Orta 2
Jet Set Radio returns
Skies of Arcadia Xbox
Otogi 3

All I ask for....

Why do you want a bunch of console exclusives?

Who am I kidding? I know why. Careful with your account come E3.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Would like to see some of my most anticipated games get some extra show time and some release dates:

Ni No Kuni 2
Last of Us 2
FFVII Remake (doesn't look promising)
RDR 2
God of War
Spiderman

Then I would really like some reveals of some games that should be eventually coming out, just depending on when:

GTA VI
Borderlands 3

My only wishlist games would be something in the vein of a new Chrono and/or FF Tactics game. Hopefully not for mobile though.......

Sony will announce the cancellation of all their realistic cinematic games and their reshuffled focuses.

They will announce plans to acquire more Japanese development teams and sell off unneeded studios such as Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Guerrilla.

Naughty Dogs entire staff will be working on both Crash and Jak.

Japan Studio will go all in on a high budget Ape Escape remake/reboot, as well as the creation of their own JRPG series.

BELIEVE
Boi, if you don't go sit down somewhere lol.

Why are people getting irked over an Xbox fan asking hoping for some Xbox exclusives?

It's especially rich when I see the exact same from PS fans all year round. People want to validate their platform choices, there's nothing wrong with that.

Wish atlas would get a ps4 port for persona 3 or 4. So I don't have to procure a ps vita and a vita memory card.

Frankly, in an age of HD remasters, it'd be a complete missed opportunity not to make HD versions of P3P and P4G into a collection for PS4/Switch.

Like the other poster said, it's pretty much free money for Atlus.

Top Bottom