• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

Stiler

ramBJdV.gif

With Rockstar delaying RDR2 and basically not going to E3 my main hope/dream is that we'll get something on Cyberpunk 2077.

ramBJdV.gif

With Rockstar delaying RDR2 and basically not going to E3 my main hope/dream is that we'll get something on Cyberpunk 2077.

The minute this game comes out, I am going to have the latest and greatest Nvidia graphics card ready for my system just so that I can enjoy this remarkable game in all its glory.

Definitely no Cyberpunk 2077 at this year's E3, maybe in 2 more years.

Taramoor

Arthur, Spencer, Dante, Vanessa Schneider, Dr. Strange, Jessica Jones, Scarlet Witch, and Thanos confirmed for Marvel vs Capcom. Demo announced.

New Wolfenstein

New Evil Within

Cuphead release date

Project Cars 2 news

Nintendo Switch VC news.

New Metroid

New Kid Icarus

Mario Odyssey delayed

Bayo 2, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3 ports announced

Lucreto

Okami 2 and Okami HD PS4

A new Ratchet Trilogy

FFVIIR release date

FFXVI announcement

World of Final Fantasy 2

Sam and Max Hit The Road Remaster

Monkey Island 3 PS4 Remaster

FFVIII and FFIX PS4 announcements

I am setting myself up for disappointment. Last year's Sony conference I had very little I would actually buy. I think this year will be the same.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The minute this game comes out, I am going to have the latest and greatest Nvidia graphics card ready for my system just so that I can enjoy this remarkable game in all its glory.

Definitely no Cyberpunk 2077 at this year's E3, maybe in 2 more years.

I thought it was supposed to be coming out end of next year?

Either way, I'm in the same boat - as soon as it comes out, I'm all over it with a new PC build just in time :D

Not sure yet if I will watch any of the big conferences, I skipped them largely in recent years as I had better/more interesting stuff to do than watching a live trailer compilation / MTV mash up.

That aside, I want to see something interesting and new, something unexpected. If they are only showing the latest in graphical tech packed into a standard action adventure or first person shooter, I couldn't care less.

Maybe I get to see more VR stuff but I'm not sure E3 is really the place to show that stuff (maybe I'm wrong)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Dreams is appropriate. It's probably a bit too soon, but it would make my E3 if there was a Dreams beta announced 'and it's available now'. I don't think it'll be showcased at a conference level again until they are ready to pull the trigger on the beta...more realistically I expect a beta by the end of the year. But it would be awesome if they had that ready to roll now.

Jimrpg

Great Thread SoS.

I feel like we're not going to see too many surprises. Many of the publishers now know to announce titles ahead of the conference so that people will tune in on the day to get a full reveal. Something like Far Cry 5 would have been straight up announced at the Ubisoft show. I suppose there'll be one or two surprise announcements though i have no idea what they could be.

Hopes:

1. A PS4 Pro Slim at $299, the regular PS4 Slim at $199-249. I'm anticipating the xbox scorpio at $399-499. I think sales are going to be slow for Microsoft at $499. I think if they're serious they need to be at $399. Or maybe they are just going to concede this generation. Either way, I'll be day 1 for a PS4 Pro Slim at $299 (that gets rid of the Big Mac look).

2. Similarly I hope the PS4 Pro Slim has a 4k Bluray player.

3. Vita first party games - If there's no Vita 2, why not bring out some Vita first party games to give the console some life. The Vita fans will buy it no questions asked.

Dreams:

1. A Playstation Vita 2 - Now that the Switch is doing well for Nintendo, Sony's gotta put something in the market to try and combat Nintendo in this area. Unlikely but Vita was a misstep and they should put it right with a Vita 2.

2. A 3DS successor - its way too soon but this thing is OLD. 400x240 top screen makes it hard to play. The 3DS isn't going anyway, but its time there was a better true handheld in the market.

3. Vive 2 - Obviously NOT really the place to announce a new Vive VR headset, but one can dream. The Vive is too expensive right now. Even at $400 its a questionable purchase. But it needs to be cheaper to get more people involved. Everyone has tons of games already, they don't need to spend $800 on a new device to play more games.

Honourable Mention: Project Gotham Racing 5 would make me get a Scorpio if its an exclusive! An appearance for Cyberpunk 2077? Hopefully.

Predictions:

1. A range of remasters for Xbox Scorpio at launch. Forza, Halo, Gears given the ultimate remaster treatment. Sure you may be able to play the old disc fine, but this will reworked to be 1080p/60 or 4k/60 (checkerboard?).

2. The next Sega PC remaster will be announced - Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

3. A competing service to Xbox Game Pass for Sony. Now you can download from a library of 100 titles for a monthly fee.

E3 Winner: Microsoft - with the only one really showing off Hardware, I think they are going to win E3 as long as they give fans what they want. It's going to hinge on that Scoprio price though.

The God

Great Thread SoS.

I feel like we're not going to see too many surprises. Many of the publishers now know to announce titles ahead of the conference so that people will tune in on the day to get a full reveal. Something like Far Cry 5 would have been straight up announced at the Ubisoft show. I suppose there'll be one or two surprise announcements though i have no idea what they could be.

Hopes:

1. A PS4 Pro Slim at $299, the regular PS4 Slim at $199-249. I'm anticipating the xbox scorpio at $399-499. I think sales are going to be slow for Microsoft at $499. I think if they're serious they need to be at $399. Or maybe they are just going to concede this generation. Either way, I'll be day 1 for a PS4 Pro Slim at $299 (that gets rid of the Big Mac look).

2. Similarly I hope the PS4 Pro Slim has a 4k Bluray player.

3. Vita first party games - If there's no Vita 2, why not bring out some Vita first party games to give the console some life. The Vita fans will buy it no questions asked.

Dreams:

1. A Playstation Vita 2 - Now that the Switch is doing well for Nintendo, Sony's gotta put something in the market to try and combat Nintendo in this area. Unlikely but Vita was a misstep and they should put it right with a Vita 2.

2. A 3DS successor - its way too soon but this thing is OLD. 400x240 top screen makes it hard to play. The 3DS isn't going anyway, but its time there was a better true handheld in the market.

3. Vive 2 - Obviously NOT really the place to announce a new Vive VR headset, but one can dream. The Vive is too expensive right now. Even at $400 its a questionable purchase. But it needs to be cheaper to get more people involved. Everyone has tons of games already, they don't need to spend $800 on a new device to play more games.

Honourable Mention: Project Gotham Racing 5 would make me get a Scorpio if its an exclusive! An appearance for Cyberpunk 2077? Hopefully.

Predictions:

1. A range of remasters for Xbox Scorpio at launch. Forza, Halo, Gears given the ultimate remaster treatment. Sure you may be able to play the old disc fine, but this will reworked to be 1080p/60 or 4k/60 (checkerboard?).

2. The next Sega PC remaster will be announced - Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

3. A competing service to Xbox Game Pass for Sony. Now you can download from a library of 100 titles for a monthly fee.

E3 Winner: Microsoft - with the only one really showing off Hardware, I think they are going to win E3 as long as they give fans what they want. It's going to hinge on that Scoprio price though.

They've had this for a while now. It's called PlayStation Now

Paasei

Just hopes:
Bloodborne 2
Medievil
Cool things we don't yet know about at all (new IP's) in the the action, rpg, stealth and or adventure genre's.

AndyVirus

Sony dreams:
Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy trailer, ends with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGqzuu9SOvU&list=PL2FFEAF81AFD890B3 "Remaster coming 2018"
Resistance Trilogy Remastered with all modes
PlayStation All-Stars 2, now with Crash, Spyro, Aloy & Lara
IO Interactive purchase, Hitman season 2 trailer (preferably WB buy but I'm fine with Sony)
Spider-Man, Days Gone, God of War, Detroit release dates; all before summer 2018
Warhawk PS4
The Order 1887
Until Dawn spiritual successor
The Getaway reboot

Ubisoft dreams:
Prince of Persia 2008 full sequel (DS game non-canon)
Splinter Cell - back to its roots, Ironside as Fisher
Pirate RPG, can be played alone or with online gang, experience just as good either way

EA dreams:
Burnout is back
KotoR3 is happening
Skate 4
NBA Street Vol. 4
Plants vs Zombies 2 finally on PC & console, no freemium

Okami 2 and Okami HD PS4

A new Ratchet Trilogy

FFVIIR release date

FFXVI announcement

World of Final Fantasy 2

I am setting myself up for disappointment. Last year's Sony conference I had very little I would actually buy. I think this year will be the same.

Don't toy with my heart.

FinalAres

Why are people getting irked over an Xbox fan asking hoping for some Xbox exclusives?

It's especially rich when I see the exact same from PS fans all year round. People want to validate their platform choices, there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah this is confusing me too. Obviously I want no good exclusives for Xbox, and loads for PS4 but I don't begrudge and Xboxer for wanting the same.

Okami 2 and Okami HD PS4

A new Ratchet Trilogy

FFVIIR release date

FFXVI announcement

World of Final Fantasy 2

I would settle for a 1 + 2 port...Sam and Max HTTR is harder because LA doesn't own the rights to the IP.

Frostman

Sony will announce the cancellation of all their realistic cinematic games and their reshuffled focuses.

They will announce plans to acquire more Japanese development teams and sell off unneeded studios such as Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Guerrilla.

Naughty Dogs entire staff will be working on both Crash and Jak.

Japan Studio will go all in on a high budget Ape Escape remake/reboot, as well as the creation of their own JRPG series.

BELIEVE

What is this bollocks? Made me sick reading it.

A new FROM game and ES 6 would be nice. Those are my biggest hopes I guess.

Terror from the Deep expansion for XCOM 2 would be cool too

RPGamer92

Banned
Sony will announce the cancellation of all their realistic cinematic games and their reshuffled focuses.

They will announce plans to acquire more Japanese development teams and sell off unneeded studios such as Sucker Punch, Media Molecule and Guerrilla.

Japan Studio will go all in on a high budget Ape Escape remake/reboot, as well as the creation of their own JRPG series.

BELIEVE

ay ay

I've been having a blast with Full Throttle Remastered. Give me a Curse of Monkey Island Remaster next please!! Here is my final desperate list of hope:

1. SOCOM HD

2. Curse of Monkey Island Remastered

3. Syphon Filter

Please Sony!

Some Nobody

BELIEVE

lol. This isn't a dream it's a nightmare where I'm stuck with trash games forever.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm not really that demanding when it comes to E3 expectations.

I primarily hope Super Mario Odyssey doesn't disappoint. But also would be great if Nintendo surprised us with an HD remake of SSBM. But more than likely it'll be an expansion of SSB4 (if there's any SSB related content at all).

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'm going to be that guy again that hopes for a Metro 3 showing and, if possible, 4A Games going the CDPR route and going (semi) open world with it. That would be bliss and a possibly very good thing to wash away the somewhat foul taste Fallout 4 left behind.

DMONKUMA

Platinum being involved in some interviews recently teasing a new game and having something "interesting" on the Switch are leading me to believe we might see something from them.

Tomeru

I wanna see some aliens movie style action game for psvr (farpoint really hit some spots). A FF8 remaster would be amazing. Outside of that, and ignoring tbe games we know are coming - the sky is the limit.

Kytes

Neo Member
Hopes: Confirmed DQXI for the west (with a release date, if possible).

Dreams: Lights out. Silence in the crowd. No introductions. This starts to play, ends with the same "Remake" as the FFVIIR reveal trailer.

A man can dream, right?

Drake

How about Visceral's Star Wars game? Amy Hennig + the Dead Space crew. That definitely sounds interesting. I wonder if it gets shown at all.

BELIEVE
I'm one of the biggest Jak and Daxter fans on this board and this post made me wretch.

also Sucker Punch needs to stay on board to make a new Sly Cooper

ChouGoku

Pure dream would be PSVR Remaster collection. Old games refitted for VR. At E3 they announce the starter games as Skyrim, Time Crisis, Killzone 3, and GTA V. Skyrim and GTA V have free patches.

Can't wait to see what Scorpio has to offer and for Microsoft to step up their game.

PlayStation exclusive trailers incoming!

I hope to see some RDR 2 gameplay, but it's probably unlikely. :(

Morts

I'm hoping for big DLC for Dishonored 2 and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I'd also like to see some sort of "and you can download it right now announcement for Switch, in the vein of NES Remix.

Some Nobody

How about Visceral's Star Wars game? Amy Hennig + the Dead Space crew. That definitely sounds interesting. I wonder if it gets shown at all.

Keep in mind that EA likes to show games even when there's nothing to show. Now, add in the fact that this game is supposed to come out next year. I'd bet on a decent glimpse at the game since it's got less than 18 months before it comes out.

Top Bottom