• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

In order to win a bet, I need SIX of the following to be shown on-stage at a press conference with something visual:

• Dragon Age: Inquisition 2
  • The Evil Within 2
  • New Splinter Cell
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • New Bioshock
  • New Devil May Cry

I think The Evil Within 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 are the only guarantees. I think if EA is into showing developers with concept art on their screens we might see Dragon Age. Splinter Cell is likely the "one last thing" at Ubisoft's press conference. Bloodborne 2 probably isn't happening, and after placing the bet I started to feel that Nintendo will hold Animal Crossing Switch for next year. Devil May Cry probably has a decent chance. I'm not so sure about Bioshock, though.

In order to win a bet, I need SIX of the following to be shown on-stage at a press conference with something visual:

• The Evil Within 2
  • New Splinter Cell
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • New Bioshock
  • New Devil May Cry

I think The Evil Within 2 and Forza Motorsport 7 are the only guarantees. I think if EA is into showing developers with concept art on their screens we might see Dragon Age. Splinter Cell is likely the "one last thing" at Ubisoft's press conference. Bloodborne 2 probably isn't happening, and after placing the bet I started to feel that Nintendo will hold Animal Crossing Switch for next year. Devil May Cry probably has a decent chance. I'm not so sure about Bioshock, though.

I think you're looking at maybe 3 or 4 there; I think you're right with Forza and EW, and I've got a hunch about AC. SC also feels like a possibility but I wonder if they're trying to phase it out in favor of Ghost Recon.

Regarding my hopes and dreams, Shawn Layton is gonna go up on stage and talk about how all the preorders and hype around the Wipeout collection inspired them to greenlight wipeout 4
(this will never ever happen)

• The Evil Within 2
  • New Splinter Cell
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • New Bioshock
  • New Devil May Cry

I know we are in a dreams thread, but I honestly don't think you are winning that bet. Even if I believe in DMC5, I still don't think we'll see a new Bioshock, Splinter Cell and Bloodborne 2 this year.

Nameless

Dream : Silent Hills - SIE acquires gaming rights. Decima engine, Toyama directing, Kojima and Del Toro "involved".

Realistically, I'll just take a new Siren. Or any horror game Toyama wants to make.

• The Evil Within 2
  • New Splinter Cell
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • New Bioshock
  • New Devil May Cry

I reckon you might win with these six. Too soon for Dragon Age and I think if there's a new Bioshock it'll be next year at the soonest.

The God

• The Evil Within 2
  • New Splinter Cell
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Animal Crossing Switch
  • New Bioshock
  • New Devil May Cry

Yeah you lost this bet

Lunafreya

Resident Evil 2 remake proper reveal/announcement
Devil May Cry 5 announcement
Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer
Final Fantasy VII remake trailer
The Last of Us II trailer

lets go!

Wamb0wneD

Resident Evil 2 remake proper reveal/announcement
Devil May Cry 5 announcement
Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer
Final Fantasy VII remake trailer

The Last of Us II trailer

lets go!

Will you get excited for trailers of these games for the next 3 years? I don't get it...

sublimit

Banned
For Sony i expect around 80% of games that don't interest me and around 20% of games that really,really interest me.
For Nintendo i don't know what i'll see but i'm very curious.
For the other Western big 3rd party conferences i have zero interest and expect nothing.

This may sound that i'm not excited at all for E3 but the truth is i'm super excited even if it's just to see that 20% from Sony and what Nintendo will bring to the show.

Sesha

Is Devil May Cry the type of game Capcom would announce at E3?

Feels like a TGS game to me to be honest...

DmC is the only game in the series that was announced at TGS, although our first proper non-CG trailer for DMC4 was at TGS. DMC 1-3 had their first trailers including gameplay at E3. DmC also had its first gameplay trailer at E3.

The only significant title Capcom has revealed at TGS in the last few years was Umbrella Corps. Unless a Monster Hunter game has been revealed at TGS in the last few years, then the last big title that was revealed at TGS was DmC. Dead Rising 4 and Resident Evil 7 were revealed at E3, and Street Fighter V and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite were revealed at PSX. Capcom considers DMC to be on the level of those franchises + Monster Hunter (and possibly Dragon's Dogma).

I think TGS isn't really big enough and wouldn't have enough eyes on it. Capcom would want as many eyes on it as possible.

Edit: DMC3: Special Edition was also announced at TGS 2005.

Quasar

Well one dream I have is Viva Pinata 3 or a play anywhere remastering of 1/2.

Of course even if MS cared about the ip, Rare is rather busy with the pirate game.

gunstarhero

Big support and list of games for PSVR - I really hope Sony makes it a major part of their presentation.

Would also love to see Sega drop some bombs: revisiting their catalog of IP, as well as M2 porting over some arcade stuff that hasn't seen proper home ports (Super GT, Eswat, Shadow Dancer, Daytona 2, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder).

Oh, and new stuff from everyone of course.

Quasar

Big support and list of games for PSVR - I really hope Sony makes it a major part of their presentation.

I just have no idea how you present vr games on a stage in a compelling way. That said I hope E3 ends with the feeling that Sony is doubling down on PSVR.

Would also love to see Sega drop some bombs: revisiting their catalog of IP, as well as M2 porting over some arcade stuff that hasn't seen proper home ports (Super GT, Eswat, Shadow Dancer, Daytona 2, Gooden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder).

I'd love to see Virtua Fighter brought back.

DmC is the only game in the series that was announced at TGS, although our first proper non-CG trailer for DMC4 was at TGS. DMC 1-3 had their first trailers including gameplay at E3. DmC also had its first gameplay trailer at E3.

The only significant title Capcom has revealed at TGS in the last few years was Umbrella Corps. Unless a Monster Hunter game has been revealed at TGS in the last few years, then the last big title that was revealed at TGS was DmC. Dead Rising 4 and Resident Evil 7 were revealed at E3, and Street Fighter V and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite were revealed at PSX. Capcom considers DMC to be on the level of those franchises + Monster Hunter (and possibly Dragon's Dogma).

I think TGS isn't really big enough and wouldn't have enough eyes on it. Capcom would want as many eyes on it as possible.

Edit: DMC3: Special Edition was also announced at TGS 2005.

I see good to know. So maybe E3 announcement, TGS gameplay? Lol

olag

My hopes and dreams:
.That GOW wont suck.
.That microsoft actually makes some new AAA IPs.
.That Cyberpunk 2077 is shown(or atleast teased. come on CDProject. Give me something damnit.I need ma good AAA rpg fix*scratches neck*)
. That DMC5 is shown(No I didnt say DmC 2, NO I DIDNT SAY THAT CAPCOM STOP RIGHT THERE).
.That we get some new Bethesda RPG's headed by competent righters cause right now Bethesda seems to be on a role outside the genre.
.That dragon age 4 gets announced and that the trailer is actual gampelay and not concept art meant to disguise a troubled development.

Sesha

I see good to know. So maybe E3 announcement, TGS gameplay? Lol

Could be, but I doubt it. We didn't have to wait long to see gameplay of RE7, DR4, SFV and MvC: I, although I expect some sort of CG trailer for the reveal since Capcom did that for all four of those.

. That DMC5 is shown(No I didnt say DmC 2, NO I DIDNT SAY THAT CAPCOM STOP RIGHT THERE).

No need to worry about that. Capcom has moved away from outsourcing and are developing major titles in-house. Tameem has also confirmed that the biggest title they are working on at NT is Hellblade. Besides, Capcom staff have said that an internally developed DMC would not be DmC2, and if DmC2 were to happen at all it would have done so by now, as Capcom originally had plans for DmC sequels every 2.5 years.

Macka

• Death Stranding gameplay
  • TLOU 2 gameplay
  • Final Fantasy VII gameplay
  • Metroid Switch (2D or 3D)
  • Golden Sun Switch
  • Xbox to have something exclusive that looks appealing.

Could be, but I doubt it. We didn't have to wait long to see gameplay of RE7, DR4, SFV and MvC: I, although I expect some sort of CG trailer for the reveal since Capcom did that for all four of those.
Didn't they use gameplay to reveal RE7? I remember that because everyone was wondering what game it was when they showed it. Huber saying "It's Wesker on the tape" got a laugh out of me lol

Why do you guys keep asking for Devil May Cry 5 when you know how current Capcom is? WHY?
We believe in Itsuno.

Sesha

Didn't they use gameplay to reveal RE7? I remember that because everyone was wondering what game it was when they showed it. Huber saying "It's Wesker on the tape" got a laugh out of me lol

It contained brief shots of in-game scenes, but everything before the tape played was pre-rendered.

jond76

Banned
Dying Light 2. The plague hits American shores. Instead of dropping in after the show is over, we are Kyle Crane, in New York, when the infected spill off a ship in the harbor. Real time procedural infection spreading simulation. Cars crashing, people running and panic in the streets. Dream game. Make it happen, Techland!

Macka

Nintendo specific hopes:

• Brief mention of ARMS.
  • Splatoon 2 montage trailer.
  • Pikmin 4 gameplay trailer. Releasing this year.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay trailer. Releasing this year.
  • Brief Mario X Rabbids gameplay trailer given it will already have been revealed at the Ubisoft conference.
  • Octopath Traveler gameplay.
  • Dragon Quest XI gameplay.
  • Skyrim gameplay.
  • Monster Hunter XX confirmed in the West by March 2018. Preferably this year.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay trailer. Releasing by March 2018.
  • Smash Bros. Switch reveal and new challenger approaching clip for Inklings.
  • Pokemon Stars reveal. For Switch. I don't care if it's on 3DS too, but if it's not on Switch...
  • Super Mario Odyssey blowout & release date.
  • Metroid from Retro. Either 2D or 3D.

ShadyK54

I guess you can classify these as either Hopes or Dreams.

The next Batman game (Rocksteady or otherwise): I just really have an itch to dig into a new Batman game, and those rumors from earlier in the year have me in anticipation.

Pokémon Stars: I'm ready to make the Switch, and this being announced or maybe even shown would be the final straw for me to pull the trigger & buy one (when they're back in stock :p).

Obsidian Fallout: This doesn't even have to be at E3, I just want this to happen again.

BBboy20

A new Platinum Games title is announced on a grand stage that won't be stuck on Xbox One/Windows 10

Devil May Cry 5 actually exists.

Sony will try to recreate last year's presentation.

Why do you guys keep asking for Devil May Cry 5 when you know how current Capcom is? WHY?

My ideal situation is Itsuno is given a blank cheque and told to get to work. I'm well aware of Capcoms higher ups though and I'll remind everyone to keep their expectations in check when it comes to DMC5.

Tonky

I would like to see an updated build of Darksiders III because the IGN First reveal looked like it had potential.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The clock is past 08:00 AM PT, so exhibitor move in and direct deliveries to show site (LACC) have officially begun. Perhaps someone nearby can have a look if something interesting is happening?

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony I think won't show up until a bit later next week, but construction on certain things will likely begin very soon.

cacildo

Nintendo specific hopes:

• Brief mention of ARMS.

It will be 12 minutes and we will be looking at the clock saying "my god this is taking the whole presentation! We already know ARMS exists, nintendo! Please PLEASE show us something new!"

Top Bottom