• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

BreakAtmo

Primarily the remakes of FFVII and RE2. Sony gonna have a remake conference.

Also, as a side note, Devolver Digital having a conference could be extremely interesting. Watch out for them.

Since Sega did a Steam port of Bayonetta, with a Steam port of Vanquish coming next month, maybe Sega will port some Yakuza games to Steam?
Oh man, I completely forgot about Steam. Yes, that would be the dream. I think Yakuza has the potential to do really well on PC. So please Sega, just do it.
We're supposed to hear more about the next title this month IIRC, so possibly some footage of it. However, you might be right about them not wanting anything to overshadow Kiwami's release.
Yeah, we'll hear more about the next game at the end of the month, but I don't think we'll hear anything about the western version for now. Yakuza is pretty much a PSX tradition at this point. So even if they decide to bring the next game over (which thanks to Y0 doing well, will most likely happen), I think we won't hear anything about it until then.

depward

Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter announced for Switch would make me very happy... As would reconfirming Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release for this year.

diabl0

If it hasnt already been said:

latest

Also DMC 1-3 Remastered for PS4 would be a nice touch.

DemWalls

Will Techland finally announce Dying Light 2 or their new IP?

Are we sure they're working on one?

I ask this because I recently learned that Karolina Stachyra (the writer of the Bloody Baron questline in TW 3) is with them now, and something like Dying Light 2 would be a waste of her talents, I think. Hope it's an RPG.

Quasar

Dreams huh...

- Evidence of Frostbite for Switch
- Some portable focused games announced for Swiitch (though I guess thats more likely at TGS I guess).
- A new Age of Empires game.
- A PS4/XBO/PC remaster of Red Dead Redemption
and whilst I'm on crazy dreams, I'd really like a digital version (on console or iOS) of the CCGs Jyhad or Doomtown.
- finally a new Syphon Filter.
- a new Marble Madness helmed by Cerny.

I predict none of the above coming true though.

I guess I do predict a 2018 God of War date announced.

Nauren

All I need...

-FF7R
-KH3
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Dragon Quest XI
-God of War
-Last of Us 2
-RDR2

I don't even need any new game announcements at this point lol.

AerialAir

Banned
Also, as a side note, Devolver Digital having a conference could be extremely interesting. Watch out for them.

Oh boy, I didn't even know DD were having a conference until now, such excite! Talos Principle 2 would be GOAT!

Are we sure they're working on one?

I ask this because I recently learned that Karolina Stachyra (the writer of the Bloody Baron questline in TW 3) is with them now, and something like Dying Light 2 would be a waste of her talents, I think. Hope it's an RPG.

Didn't know about this either, very interested on what Techland is doing now. I didn't like OG dying light, but enhanced edition was a tremendous step in the right direction, so that plus Stachyra could make for a very very good (new IP) game.

Tesser

Talos Principle 2 would be GOAT!

Already confirmed for being in development, so I expect gameplay/trailer for that will be there alongside Ape Out, Ruiner, Serious Sam 4, a release date for Noct (given it's been in Early Access for around two years now) and maybe something from Absolver despite it releasing end of August...on top of all the unannounced stuff.

1er tigre

Reasonable expectations :
Trailers for the Last of Us part 2, spiderman and FF7 remake.

Unreasonable expectations :
bloodborne 2, cyberpunk 2077 and a new bioshock game.

Oh man, I completely forgot about Steam. Yes, that would be the dream. I think Yakuza has the potential to do really well on PC. So please Sega, just do it.

Honestly, I doubt it. It'd be great if it happened but I doubt they'd be expecting much in sales.

The only time Yakuza on PC ever got any traction is as fodder for PC ports by people who don't know jack about Yakuza or Yakuza sales in that one Persona 5 thread.

And as much as I love the series, 0 was the most relevant it was ever going to be in the west. And look at those sales. It's still so absurdly niche that it's not even close to hitting numbers that a forgotten Tales game puts out.

Drake

It's been 2 years since the Final Fantasy VII Remake announcement and a year and a half since we've seen any new footage. They gotta show us something new at E3, don't they? Although I've heard that it might not get released until late 2018, so they might wait until next year to show us anything.

Honestly, I doubt it. It'd be great if it happened but I doubt they'd be expecting much in sales.

The only time Yakuza on PC ever got any traction is as fodder for PC ports by people who don't know jack about Yakuza or Yakuza sales in that one Persona 5 thread.

And as much as I love the series, 0 was the most relevant it was ever going to be in the west. And look at those sales. It's still so absurdly niche that it's not even close to hitting numbers that a forgotten Tales game puts out.

Don't wanna turn this into another "Yakuza on PC" thread, but I don't think any sensible Yakuza fan expects a possible PC version to do Valkyria Chronicles Remastered numbers or anything like that. Last we heard, Yakuza 0 had reached 100k on PS4. Now, if a PC version manages to do the same, then I'll be really happy.

Also, I think Yakuza is just starting to get noticed in the west. With Yakuza 0 I feel like a ton of people just had their first real exposure to the series (Angry Joe's review alone has had 1.3 million views), so I expect the word of mouth to go around. I don't think it'll be as big as Persona or anything, but I feel confident that Yakuza in west will get bigger and at the least becomes a safe niche series.

reKon

Banned
Reliable target release dates for FF7R, RDR2, and GoW.

Announcement that Smash Bros Deluxe version is coming to Switch this year.

TLoU2 can wait until next year but a gameplay video would be incredible.

Don't wanna turn this into another "Yakuza on PC" thread, but I don't think any sensible Yakuza fan expects a possible PC version to do Valkyria Chronicles Remastered numbers or anything like that. Last we heard, Yakuza 0 had reached 100k on PS4. Now, if a PC version manages to do the same, then I'll be really happy.

Also, I think Yakuza is just starting to get noticed in the west. With Yakuza 0 I feel like a ton of people just had their first real exposure to the series (Angry Joe's review alone has had 1.3 million views), so I expect the word of mouth to go around. I don't think it'll be as big as Persona or anything, but I feel confident that Yakuza in west will get bigger and at the least becomes a safe niche series.

In NA? No, it's not close to 100k. It opened really low and I doubt it crossed 60-70k yet. It was beaten in it's opening month by Tales of Berseria. I'm not saying don't do a PC version, but I really don't think there's a base there.

Wollan

Very interested to see more of God of War and Spider-Man.

Always interested in the continuous development of VR & AR but that's usually not E3 material.

tav7623

Hopes & Dreams

- Fatal Frame HD Collection (all 5 Fatal Frame games) for PS4, Xbox One, & Switch announced
- Release Dates announced for Final Fantasy 7 & Resident Evil 2 Remakes
- Bayonetta 3 announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC, & Switch
- A 2D Castlevania Collection ala the Disney Afternoon Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Onimusha HD Collection and a new Onimusha game announced
- Parasite Eve Remake & "HD" Trilogy Collection

Predictions

- Release dates/windows and new gameplay footage for God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider Man PS4, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Last of Us 2, Detroit is Human, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Shenmue 3, & Death Stranding

- Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, Borderlands 3, Assassin's Creed Egypt, The Evil Within 2, & Bloodborne 2 announced

- Nintendo will announce a new Pokemon game (or 3), have release dates & show off gameplay videos for a handful of previously announced games (Mario Oddessy, Splatoon 2, etc.), briefly talk about the Switch VC before sweeping it under the rug, talk a big game about how they have new & exciting games coming from them as well as most of the big 3rd party developers but most of them (when they are announced) turn out to be either nothing more than ports of older games (mostly from the Wii U) or poorly done/lesser ports of their upcoming games for other consoles,and have at least one big surprise game announcement (probably for the 3DS) that no one saw coming.

Just excited for what Nintendo shows and perhaps remasters/remakes like FF7, RE2, Shenmue.

But I'm sure I'll still be thrilled with Playstation's presentation, like always.

Sony:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Spider-Man
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Shenmue 3
White PS4 Pro (either a Destiny 2 bundle or by itself)

Microsoft:

Scorpio
Halo 6
Halo MCC revival/fixes
Halo 3 Remaster

Nintendo:

Smash 4 Switch port with GCN support
Zelda BOTW DLC 1
Mario Odyssey
Virtual Console
SNES Classic

Grab bag:

Everything else

Right, and I think that's precisely why I find it so unlikely. Those are low numbers in the west, and PC is a platform that generally matches either the western PS4 sales on any given JP title or the NA PS4 sales.

So unless they've started integrating PC development into future Yakuza titles, I just don't think they see an additional 80-100k sales on Steam as the likely high end as worth the sales investment vs. more investment in Asia where the series is big and a large part of why it continues to exist.

If it happens, I think it'll be due to fan demand (that I honestly don't see much of, most Yakuza fans own a PS4) or because game development worked out that way and a PC port of later titles was relatively easy.

--

But anyways, getting sidetracked. I want it to happen, just don't think it will. We can agree to disagree.

Peléo

Actually, my real dream: Smash Bros 5 with Melee mechanics (Momentum, Edge Cancelling, Low Landing Land, Dash Dance, WaveLanding, WaveDash, Edge-Roll, Low Shield Recovery).

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
-Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 footage and release dates

-More Spider-Man PS4 footage

-Another Ratchet & Clank announcement

-Crash Bandicoot: Warped gameplay footage from the N.Sane Trilogy

-FFVII Remake footage (including Tifa)

-Spyro: The _____ Trilogy remaster announcement

itshutton

Some 2017 release dates. I don't need much more from Sony, they already have their roadmap. I just want God of War for 2017.

AudioEppa

Dream 1. Disaster Report 4 w/both Japanese and English audio announced for NA.

Dream 2. PS Now revamped for PC w/PSN like steam setup. Can play all Sony exclusives, old, now and upcoming.

Dream 3. Sony announces they are bringing in a few new developers into WWS. Quantic Dream, Supermassive Games and Two developing studios that will shock everyone.

Hope 1. To see more of Days Gone, Detroit, Uncharted TLL and GoW. Save TLOU for PSX2017.

Hope 2. For there to be multiple cool looking unannounced third-person story-driven action adventure games with debut teasers. That actually will come out one day... Unlike Eight Days, The Getaway and whatever else from gen 7.

Sulik2

New AAA IP from Microsoft.
Bloodborne 2.
Star Citizen release date.

Their isn't a lot I am looking forward to, I want to be surprised by new IP.

Top Bottom