• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: It's clear now remasters are something people really want

Which EA remaster do you want the most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

royox

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 please.

And while you are at it - KOTOR 2? Finish the damned game.

KOTOR 2 was made by Obsidian and the Restored Content Patch was released like 4 years ago. You can even get it on Steam. (The 2nd half of the game is MUCH better with all the restored content and the ending feels like a diferent game with a totally new ending).

Tapejara

Good. I know a lot of people have problem with remasters, but when done right (substantial improvements/good price) I've always viewed them as a great way to preserve games. Not to mention it's great to play on modern hardware.

Now give me Dead Space Trilogy + Extraction Remastered!

Edit: EA owns the Shadows of the Damned IP, right? Hopefully that game won't be stuck on last gen.

At this point any remaster EA does would likely also be required to take Neo (and perhaps Scorpio) into consideration in its development.

So perhaps it's a good thing they've waited this long, in that the remasters will not only look/perform great on PS4 (and XB1) but will feature further upgrades to visuals and performance for Neo (and perhaps Scorpio).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Haha, is this a joke? Right when i amass my huge 360 EA collection thinking i was safe from having to buy remasters from them...

Just shitty.

Bubble

Neo Member
If they make a Mass Effect remaster (all 3 games + all DLC), I'm in. Probably the one time I will buy a game I already own. Do it EA! Just do it!

BouncyFrag

DancingVolus.gif

YEEEEESSS.

A collection with all the DLC at 1080P/60FPS on consoles would be glorious.

It was stupid that they weren't doing it. Good job EA, the right decision

antitrop

I would pay $60 for remasters of both Burnout Revenge and Paradise on one disc.

I have Paradise on PC if I still want to play it, at least, but Revenge is forever stuck on the last-gen consoles that I don't have plugged in anymore.

I wish they'd go the Borderlands route and release an update that allows you to transfer saves to current gen, because I really don't think I could play through the first game again. It plays pretty terribly compared to the other two.

entremet

In case you didn't read the OP, which it looks like you didn't:

"Soderlund: What's changed is that there is proof in the market that people want it, maybe more than there was when we spoke."

They changed their mind.

It wasn't a dig on you, bud.

It's more the 100 percent part. Companies change their minds all the time. It was on the poster who referenced you. I'm sure you yourself won't consider an executive's words as 100 percent, correct?

You never said it was not possible. Other people ran with it. That's what I mean about being sober-minded regarding insider information. Shit changes.

Maxey

Remaster Skate trilogy. Renew the hype and then release Skate 4.

Also, I'd rather they remake ME1 than do a straight port. Don't even need to change it gameplay wise, just make it look better.

darthkarki

Mass Effect remaster, all day long. I can totally see this being announced and released sometime in the lead up to Andromeda, just like Sony did with the Uncharted collection. It kept getting closer and closer to U4 being released and my hope kept dropping, thinking there's no way there's enough time for them to do that now. But they did. And it was amazing. And it will be the same with Mass Effect.

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

It wasn't a dig on you, bud.

It's more the 100 percent part. Companies change their minds all the time. It was on the poster who referenced you. I'm sure you yourself won't consider an executive's words as 100 percent, correct?
Not necessarily. My certainty came straight from the horse's mouth, on very good authority. This marks a clear shift, which I'm more than ok with.

RPGCrazied

Mass Effect is a no brainer, specially if it came with every DLC and had souped up graphics for PS4. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Xav

- Burnout Trilogy (Revenge and Paradise are already 60 FPS HD on 360)
- Dead Space Trilogy
- Mass Effect Trilogy
- SSX Tricky/3 Double Pack

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I guess the main remasters would be a bad company 1-2 remaster in time for a potential Bad Company 3. A Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remaster, a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster, a Dead Space trilogy remaster and a Burnout Revenge/Paradise remaster

Gedi

Neo Member
Family Game Night 1 or Fifa: Road to World Cup 1998 please!

In all seriousness though, Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box, Burnout 1-3 Collection or The Orange Box would be most welcome.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
maxresdefault.jpg

command_conquer_red_alert_2_conceptart_Wq340.jpg

just look at this .. this begs for a remake
i need it in my vains :(

35571350.jpg

red alert 2 HD REMAKE ..

am i doing this right guys ?
i remember ea closing westwood but they do own the IP right ?

Top Bottom