• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthquake in Japan Magnitude 9.0 (Japan ups nuke crisis to lvl7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Hokuten said:
I'm in San Francisco right now (technically Daly City). Right on the coast.

I'm checking all the news sources I can, but I'm not seeing anything about our side of the Pacific.

Try CBS 5. That's what i'm watching.

LaneDS

NomarTyme said:
Most of Japan probably aren't even seeing what we're seeing.

In some cases that is probably for the best, I am sure everyone in the area is worried and on edge enough as is... seeing what that tsunami did on top of that... I can't even imagine.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
1w4ra.png

Damn! Good luck, Japan and everyone in line of the Tsunami :(

Mik2121

Keyser Soze said:
Sky News said the whole of the car park is flooded. Twitter has a photo that hits not much damage.. just scared people

http://i.imgur.com/D7KWm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yep. Apparently only the park got flooded (about 20 mins ago or more, dunno) but everything else is safe. Thank god, because Disney Land are always packed with people.

threenote said:
Tsunami in SF???

I can't find anything on this. Is this just a rumor, or what?

IF you draw a circle out from the the earthquake, then yes, it could. However, it will decay on it's way there, it will not reach for hours, and could be just a few inches upon "impact"

rykomatsu

NomarTyme said:

The probably are...the al jazeera feed is from NHK which is one of Japan's major networks (I think it's their national network).

FStop7

Banned
Verano said:
los angeles is supposedly ready for any incoming waves..anyone by westchester, santa monica or close to LAX/coast..be safe

The crips and bloods will be shooting at any large waves that approach the shore.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
My whole office is huddled around the TV here watchin' NHK... pretty crazy stuff.

I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN ENGLISH TEACHERS PARTY TONIGHT

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
threenote said:
Tsunami in SF???

I can't find anything on this. Is this just a rumor, or what?

It's just a rumor for now, but I just text someone over at KRON about it and they'll get back to me.

Mik2121

NomarTyme said:
Well, except the area with 4 million + people out of electricity, I'd say everybody else is watching it. With the 1seg TV on the phones and everything else..

maxxpower

Keyser Soze said:
IF you draw a circle out from the the earthquake, then yes, it could. However, it will decay on it's way there, it will not reach for hours, and could be just a few inches upon "impact"

What about the South Bay? San Diego?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What's worse all your American freaking out, even if anything hit it would be in 11 hours. Jeez. Worry about the people who need it now right?

LProtag

All I've been able to do so far is just leave a message on my friend's facebook wall. No idea if he's near a computer or would even be considering being near one right now.

KRS7

lobdale said:
My whole office is huddled around the TV here watchin' NHK... pretty crazy stuff.

I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN ENGLISH TEACHERS PARTY TONIGHT

I am watching NHKe HD here.

threenote

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
thanks for the clarification, keyser
--

Also, thanks for the Twitter link, Wario.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Go out to dinner, then come home to this madness. Wow... hope everyone on the coasts is on high alert. Looks really tragic for Japan :(

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
TekkenMaster said:
I live literally a block from the beach in Santa Monica...should I be worried?

Fuck.

yes betch. check your local news for further info...if anything, at least go up to Santa Monica College's elevation

Mik2121 said:
Well, except the area with 4 million + people out of electricity, I'd say everybody else is watching it. With the 1seg TV on the phones and everything else..

The people who are stranded because the trains stuck aren't watching, either.

FStop7

Banned
3AM ETA Hawaii time, they're under a warning. :( I hope it's deteriorated to the point where the worst they get is good surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom