• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthquake in Japan Magnitude 9.0 (Japan ups nuke crisis to lvl7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi_yo

The top of the Tokyo Tower is BENT

255987602.jpg

http://twitpic.com/48epaq

UFRA

sammymoho said:
you really shouldnt worry. where in seattle are you?

sammymoho
Banned
(Today, 03:43 AM)
Reply | Quote

Asshole. What a prick.

THANK YOU MODS

Anyways...those pictures of the ships are just unbelievable....

Mik2121

Luckyman said:
Casulties probably astronomical
For now, 22 dead people and 12 injured. Of course, there will be more, but that's all that is known for now.

thetechkid said:
Is there any change in the state of the nuclear plants?
They are all shut down and all the earthquakes and tsunamis are over, so hopefully everything should be back to normal by tomorrow or the next day in most areas. The floods are not HUGE like what happened in Australia, even though we got some huge tsunamis.

Errr.. while I was tipping this there was another earthquake alert on TV just now. Hopefully it's all fine.

StopMakingSense said:
Boats are generally fine in tsunami conditions, as long as they are in open water, since the wave travels below them.

Yeah, you didn't see all those Japanese boats getting pushed inland and getting smashed to bits I guess.

Momar

aka Ryder
Thanks for the quick replies guys, appreciate the article. I feel kind of stupid now for being so worried about myself. Oh well :(

I hope all of JapanGAF is safe. Stay safe guys!

Can someone please ban sammymoho for trolling a thread like this? Really obviously and poorly I might add. nvm thanks someone banned him while I was typing.

Anyways I think the worst of the tsunamis in Japan have ebbed a little, but I'm keeping Philippines, Guam, and Hawaii in my thoughts. I'll be watching the news here and there for the rest of tonight. I hope everyone's friends and families in those areas are ok.

Wow. This is terrible news. I don't think I will be sleeping tonight. All the footage is just so awful.

To all of GAF in harm's way, I hope for your safety and that of your loved ones. Regardless of your stance on circumcision or Bayformers.

sammymoho said:
so i shouldnt be worried? LOOK, I AM REALLY NERVOUS. I already packed all my valubles (diamond bracelet from girlfriend, PS3, laptop, etc.) and am packing up my clothes as I type and already called a hotel room far EAST, I plan to jump into the car and drive there and get there as fast as I can!! GOD bless me.

Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
NHK World Mentioned the Nuclear reactor issue but seems to say it is nothing to worry about as such (I am all over the net came off a night shift and got NHK world on my TV so half listening)

Kinda shattered but I can't sleep, forgive me if I missheard what she was saying

It was my last day teaching at my school in Yokohama and school was just let out for grades 1-4. I was taking pics with some of the kids in the school yard when the earthshake happened. We didn't notice it at first but some teachers and students ran out from the school into the yard all of a sudden before I felt it. The whole time most of the kids were enjoying the quake -- saying it was like a roller coaster. I was watching the 5 floor school building the whole time -- worried about my laptop on the desk on the 1st floor.

I was raised through the Northridge earthquake though, so quakes never feel alarming.

anyways, had to walk home cause the trains aren't running. The hot water isn't working now either.

J-GAF, checking in. That earthquake was really something else. All of the trains in Tokyo are stopped, so I'm stuck at work for the foreseeable future. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

Count Dookkake said:
Wow. This is terrible news. I don't think I will be sleeping tonight. All the footage is just so awful.

To all of GAF in harm's way, I hope for your safety and that of your loved ones. Regardless of your stance on circumcision or Bayformers.

Are you having a laugh?

Is he having a laugh?

He's already been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom