• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapplew

Very well discussed spoiler cast for Horizon, I can't believe they skip the talk of one very important character and his decision entirely.
Hope to see Persona 5 spoiler mode next.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little surprised that I feel compelled to say this, but I guess it's not super clear and that's on me. Friday wasn't an extended deadline for the P5 review, it was a "I would really like it to be done at this time" kind of thing. It's not done.

Every spare second that I've had has been spent on the review and I don't want to put it up until I feel confident in doing so. It's super long, obviously, and I want to give it the time it needs. We've also been shooting shows that need to go up on certain days and you guys don't see that stuff until it's ready. We all wear a lot of hats. So I guess what I'm trying to say is it's fine if people want to complain about when reviews come out, I sympathize with it and feel bad about it, but I do hope people at least try to understand that it's not laziness, but rather limitations of a small team and a commitment to not rushing through things.

I hope the time we put in shows in the final thing. We would love for all of it to happen right with everyone else all of the time, but it's not always possible. We're not running the same race as an IGN or something like that because we simply can't. It's more important to us that we're doing right by the people that support us so when we do publish something like a Persona 5 review it's as good as it can possibly be from a writing and editing standpoint.

Don't feel bad about it Ben. I know you guys are giving it your all. And I also hope it comes across generally that most of us understand when delays happen etc and that we stand by you guys. As for the people that don't you can't really help with that, so don't beat yourself too hard over it, I mean the positive take on that is that you guys are that popular that people get frustrated waiting for content from you guys :p. That said I think it's good that you came communicate here to say it here again, so thanks for that.

I think most Patrons/Allies do their best to spread what we pick up from twitter or elsewhere but I think that sometimes it seems the news on delays/ETA/etc isn't reaching everyone. Don't know what your guys experience has been for getting the word out the best but I think if you guys feel like it's appropriate don't feel bad just maybe dropping a quick Patreon post keeping us all in the loop for cases like these. And don't feel like that's making excuses, I think most of us, well at least I always value you guys being thorough before anything else so don't stress too much about not hitting embargo dates. In any case as usual thanks for your work! Can't wait for you to finish Persona 5 up to get another take on a certain question :-x

Edit: On a different note pls someone gif Huber going nuts over Jones joining the first week Persona 5 club. :D It's so great.

Oh of course I also loved the Spoiler Mode. Great upgrade to it and making it more show like in general giving it more flair compared to the Dark Soul III one which was more a casual talk. I enjoyed that very much. Going to share that one among my friends I got a few that finished the game. As for me I convinced me to try getting through Horizon first, sry Gravity Rush 2 x_X

Ben is always doing back to back to back reviews of massive fucking games so I cut him all the slack in the world in regards to when these reviews hit. That shit takes so much time, I can barely get through one of these games let alone review like 5 in a row.

Visceir

Didn't some sites get their Persona 5 review copies more than a month ago? Could maybe try to improve things on that end, grease more palms, get review copies sooner...or maybe try finding a store in LA that breaks street dates if you'd buy the game anyway.

Didn't some sites get their Persona 5 review copies more than a month ago?

Yup, several places got theirs in February (which kinda proves that the localisation was complete by then and the April delay was basically just a business decision to put it on the fiscal calendar they wanted).

Burt

I love being an hour into Fiasconauts and the Fiasco being yet to start. Like, non-sarcastically. It's great seeing them hash the story framework out. #trainplane

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What other podcasts do you folks listen to?

I pretty much only listen to EZA, KindaFunny and Game Scoop.

Looking for more like EZA...

I think I've listened to most gaming related podcast at some point in my life but I'm sometimes falling out of love with some in the sense that sometimes they don't suit my current interest well or the tone isn't gelling with me anymore and take breaks from them.
So stuff like the Giantbomb, Beastcast, Idlethumbs, Vagabond Cast, SlinkFM, Random/Retro Encounter, 8-4, Beyond, Cool Ghosts etc etc are all fun if they suit your current mood/interest. I stopped listening to these though.

As what I'm currently always keeping up with are both EZA podcast with Frametrap being my absolute favorite podcast among them all. As a close second recently is Waypoint Radio, Patrick, Danielle and Austin just have been on fire for providing really interesting conversation that has a lot of social and sometimes political depth in relation to different games. My only issue is they're too short sometimes. Like 30 minute episodes.
After that it's Axe of the Blood God which is always fun because it's a podcast mostly focused on RPGs which are my favorite genre(although I enjoy a lot of different games). Lastly the thing I'm occasionally checking in is the Game Informer cast for segments that interest me.

Outside of games I think I'm mostly casually keeping up with Collider Movie Talk stuff they do a lot of shows on anything Movies, TV and Comics.

I wish I had a more regular Anime/Manga cast but most of them have not been hitting with me. Used to check out Nitrobeard stuff, Crunchcast, Ign Animecast but non have been working for me so far. The best one out of these have been Ign Animecast but their scope is too broad for me so they rarely go into anything of significant depth. At times it felt more like they would sum up a week of anime instead of having interesting conversation about it. Still they certainly have a few good episodes. EZAnime is hitting some kind of note and given that I totally believe it will improve at lot more in the future it's my best option currently.
With two episodes only it's also a bit hard for me to pinpoint down what works especially well and what segments aren't that great and the reasons for both but at least it's connecting on some level.

I'm a little surprised that I feel compelled to say this, but I guess it's not super clear and that's on me. Friday wasn't an extended deadline for the P5 review, it was a "I would really like it to be done at this time" kind of thing. It's not done.

Every spare second that I've had has been spent on the review and I don't want to put it up until I feel confident in doing so. It's super long, obviously, and I want to give it the time it needs. We've also been shooting shows that need to go up on certain days and you guys don't see that stuff until it's ready. We all wear a lot of hats. So I guess what I'm trying to say is it's fine if people want to complain about when reviews come out, I sympathize with it and feel bad about it, but I do hope people at least try to understand that it's not laziness, but rather limitations of a small team and a commitment to not rushing through things.

I hope the time we put in shows in the final thing. We would love for all of it to happen right with everyone else all of the time, but it's not always possible. We're not running the same race as an IGN or something like that because we simply can't. It's more important to us that we're doing right by the people that support us so when we do publish something like a Persona 5 review it's as good as it can possibly be from a writing and editing standpoint.

Ben you the man. My comment about the review wasn't actually a demand or mean spirited, it was just a friendly tease and I think most allies get that you guys are making miracles happen with all this content.

Listening to this podcast: "oh God... they like wrestling too?"

What other podcasts do you folks listen to?

I pretty much only listen to EZA, KindaFunny and Game Scoop.

Looking for more like EZA...

Honestly the closest to EZA I've heard is GI show which I would highly recommend. I also actively listen to both GB podcasts, PS I Love You if that comes back, Waypoint, and NVC.

I LOVE the Allies

Their biggest still seems to be next to zero knowledge about how games sell. In fact I would say they know equal to or less than your average GAF member, and this weeks podcast continued to prove that.

Spoiler Mode was fantastic. I really liked the both the structure and the discussion itself.

I hope we can get one for Nier if enough Allies beat the game but I'd be down for almost any game given how enjoyable of a watch this episode was.

Philippo

Spoiler Mode was fantastic. I really liked the both the structure and the discussion itself.

I hope we can get one for Nier
if enough Allies beat the game but I'd be down for almost any game given how enjoyable of a watch this episode was.

That's a must.

sora87

What is going on with this encroachment of demanding reviews on the dot?

While i dont agree with being pushy about it and in no way do i expect them to no life and rush things, getting reviews out on embargo day does help get those views. But as ben put it in his post, they're a small group and all of them wear many hats so they're gonna miss that embargo day more often than not when it comes to these big games.

Wiggy

Spoiler mode was great. Bosman is best in the bizz in moderating and structuring a discussion. Can see why he landed the role of creative consultant on damiani's nintendo pod. Hopefully it keeps the same format even if Bosman's not on the panel.

Hasney

Spoiler mode was great. Bosman is best in the bizz in moderating and structuring a discussion. Can see why he landed the role of creative consultant on damiani's nintendo pod. Hopefully it keeps the same format even if Bosman's not on the panel.

I think this might be a good reason why Bowman agreed to play Persona 5 on the podcast too. I'm glad, I think he'll dig it
or go full Bowman and find lots wrong with the context

Mikey Jr.

What's the deal with these drops

Apparently bad credit cards or something.

Like when patreon charges it doesn't go through or something?

Dunno. After like the second or third time, you should be banned from patreon.

Also, you can pledge, watch all the exclusive stuff, then before patreon ends, cancel your pledge. These people should also be banned.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
What's the deal with these drops

Also, you can pledge, watch all the exclusive stuff, then before patreon ends, cancel your pledge. These people should also be banned.

Expired credit cards are likely an issue, but I doubt there's a lot of the latter going on. It's usually fairly obvious, and I'm quite sure Easy Allies would keep that sort of thing in check if it was a frequently occurring problem.

This past month was special in the sense that it was their anniversary, so a lot of folks increased their pledge contribution as a sign of appreciation and celebration. Not everyone who did such planned to keep it at said level moving forward which explains why the total has dropped so noticeably and will likely continue dropping as the day progresses.

Patreon needs to charge immediately after the pledge, i dont know why they dont.

Blood has already made it clear over and over and over and over that people don't really do this, so I don't know why people keep bringing it up. The drops are related to declined cards.

Trailer Jones is unlocked then?

Poor Brandon needs some sleep

No, Trailer Jones is at $45k, so we're still $3k away from it.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
Patreon needs to charge immediately after the pledge, i dont know why they dont.

As far as I know, there's actually an option for creators on Patreon to opt in for such a feature. It's hardly a perfect solution though as financial situations can change at any given moment, so someone who generally has to pick and choose will simply pledge at a static "safe" level from the get-go instead of alternating between tiers based on their current finances at the time.

A lowered pledge over the course of a month isn't a guaranteed malicious act despite what some people here seem to think.

Anyone having trouble with Patreon? They sent me an email saying my pledge wasn't processed, but i called the bank and they said it went through no problem.

edit:now their website is down.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Nice so far we seem to be holding the 40k steady despite the dip.
Anyone having trouble with Patreon? They sent me an email saying my pledge wasn't processed, but i called the bank and they said it went through no problem.

edit:now their website is down.

Yes have problems as well for the first time ever. Can't seem to resolve them right now(because clicking on the resolve thing doesn't seem to do anything) need to check it later.

Edit weird: guess this is a problem on Patreon's end tried to reconfigure my payment method doesn't work.
Edit2: And it went through without me doing anything

Mista Koo

Another great Fiasco as always. Ian's dad killed it with his first line "Tuesday!" and "Mind Control Ray."
I see that Jones really liked Lego Batman heh. Loved the throwaway side characters too (the twins, the fixer).

The final act wasn't as great as some of the earlier stuff. But at least I became more OK with them not strictly following the setup.

I was able to spell "bureau" correctly on the first try B)

I love being an hour into Fiasconauts and the Fiasco being yet to start. Like, non-sarcastically. It's great seeing them hash the story framework out. #trainplane
Yep. I usually lwatch to the setup when they upload it and watch the rest whenever I have time. This time I was like "I'll just watch the setup before I sleep!"

Giant Bombcast, Giant Beastcast and 8-4 Play.

My favourite podcasts are Frame Trap and the Giant Beastcast.
These are the main ones I listen to as well.

I used to think of Beastcast as the cool one (it's probably the theme) and Bombcast as the more wacky one. Now Dan is on the Beastcast and the Bombcast is kinda dead.

Hasney

Giant Bombcast, Giant Beastcast and 8-4 Play.

Add in Waypoint Radio and that's my vidya game podcast lineup too.

I used to think of Beastcast as the cool one (it's probably the theme) and Bombcast as the more wacky one. Now Dan is on the Beastcast and the Bombcast is kinda dead.

I like some of the guests I they've had recently on Bombcast, like the dude from SuperGiant games and the one from the video game museum or whatever. Some fun conversations. They need to get Brad off picking emails though...

_Ryo_

I listen to Back in My Play, 8-4 and SMT Network every now and then but really for gaming I find Easy Allies podcasts the most entertaining and consistent.

I listened to Kinda Funny's PS I love you XOXO for a while but imo quality dropped fast.

Hasney

I listen to Back in My Play, 8-4 and SMT Network every now and then but really for gaming I find Easy Allies podcasts the most entertaining and consistent.

I listened to Kinda Funny's PS I love you XOXO for a while but imo quality dropped fast.

Yeah, with EZA it doesn't matter who the line up is, they are UNIQUELY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND TALENTED

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting to see a couple more Waypoint mentions :) but not surprising I think, that EZA listeners would jive well with their tone. I think they share similar vibes in regards on hopefulness/positivity.

Tsosie

Just got my Patreon email. Proud to be supporting into my second year! Seeing a drop is expected, but it looks like it will still be 3k-5k higher than the end of February after everything is resolved.

Huber continues to prove he's my favorite. Listening to him talk about baseball makes me so happy.

I hope he does a baseball interlude on the podcast now and again.

Just got my Patreon email. Proud to be supporting into my second year! Seeing a drop is expected, but it looks like it will still be 3k-5k higher than the end of February after everything is resolved.
Also know every time these drops happen they're worse than they appear. Blood has stated it's usually up to 5 days or so after the billing day when the amount really settles as people are working through payment issues

Tsosie

Also know every time these drops happen they're worse than they appear. Blood has stated it's usually up to 5 days or so after the billing day when the amount really settles as people are working through payment issues

Yeah. Just saying that even with the issues there is still a good year 2 bump going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom