• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockk

Considering they are level 9 in TTE and level cap is 20 we're about 45% of the way through. The only "problem" I have with TTE is that Ben clearly enjoys the fantastical and more zany side of D&D. A cool moment is only cool if you meant to do it. But it's fine and the boys have fun so it's whatever.

ShadyK54

I think that's it. Next week we got Frame Trap and a new Gundam stream! W00t

SughJ7y.gif

I loved what I played of RE7, only played a few hours but yeah. The stress is real

Ended up just watching the EZA full playthrough and honestly? I think the stuff I played was my favorite part as it's basically just Evil Dead the game (before branching off to other types of horror and Resident Evil-ness)

Yea, I'm going to try giving it another shot. But if I can't, I'll watch the full playthrough as well.

I'm about an hour in on the Outlast 2 playthrough and it has been pretty damn fantastic. I can totally see Hubers "cozy" attitude with regards to horror titles lol.

I loved what I played of RE7, only played a few hours but yeah. The stress is real

Ended up just watching the EZA full playthrough and honestly? I think the stuff I played was my favorite part as it's basically just Evil Dead the game (before branching off to other types of horror and Resident Evil-ness)
I love RE7. I played it with Vr and it was a super wild ride. What's funny is I'm usually super spooked by horror games but during RE7 I seemed to have gotten over that? It was still super tense and nerve wracking but not like it used to be with horror games. Not sure why

Outlast 2 playthrough:

"Hide in that bush!" - Huber
"Spicer style" - Brandon

So low key, but I can't stop laughing at the joke. Bahaha, fantastic playthrough so far.

Ultimadrago

I finally got to Friend Code Episode 3. I'm liking it. It's a chill podcast to listen to while doing something else. Damiani's doing a slightly better job with the introduction, but he's still working on improving and that's good. Not much else to say

ON ALL THINGS NINTENDO

Brad was totally reading my mind with that instant Mortal Kombat: Deception mention after Kyle thinking up something that he believed would be entirely unrealistic.

Finished the 2 hour mega Zelda talk spoiler mode. Really entertaining stuff and I like they got 6 of the crew were in on the discussions.

The focus of the episode is just the story/lore. I think this works for me because from a game structure perspective they've covered a lot of that in other discussions (like frame trap at least a couple times).

Also saw Brad finished up persona 5. So that's 2 of the 3 needed for a spoiler mode. And Brad is tackling Nier:Automata is up next.

I need to get back to persona 5. I'm still early in the game.

Mikey Jr.

Finished the 2 hour mega Zelda talk spoiler mode. Really entertaining stuff and I like they got 6 of the crew were in on the discussions.

The focus of the episode is just the story/lore. I think this works for me because from a game structure perspective they've covered a lot of that in other discussions (like frame trap at least a couple times).

Also saw Brad finished up persona 5. So that's 2 of the 3 needed for a spoiler mode. And Brad is tackling Nier:Automata is up next.

I need to get back to persona 5. I'm still early in the game.

The story in Persona 5 is incredibly weak. I just finished the game today.

For a game that is over a hundred hours, there is very little substance in there. Nier did more with 1/5th the amount of time.

Having said that, Persona 5 was great!

Bu a Nier spoiler mode would be 100x more interesting. Trust me.

Breath of the Wild spoilercast as a Patreon exclusive is wrong, just my two cents.
I know it goes live for every one next week...but still, spoiler casts aren't part of the Patreon exclusive stuff. Might as well make the next Zelda game's review for Patreons only too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Breath of the Wild spoilercast as a Patreon exclusive is wrong, just my two cents.
I know it goes live for every one next week...but still, spoiler casts aren't part of the Patreon exclusive stuff. Might as well make the next Zelda game's review for Patreons only too.

I don't think it's wrong also is this a timezone thing(so that it was technically next week for you)? Because it goes live for everyone tomorrow and not what it sounds like it being anything close to 7 days, that's about 2 days of waiting time.
I don't really like to jump to the entitlement thing cause I think people misuse it a lot but come on, you can't be arsed to up your support to I think 1 dollar and then you complain about waiting 2 days? I mean come one waiting only 2 days is like ridiculously short. Other Patreons actually gate stuff a week away. I understand living with a tight budget so that even 1 dollar can become difficult but the tradeoff for it is like pretty miniscule is the point I'm trying make.

In the end what is exclusive or not is really up to them so I don't see the "is wrong" argument and I've been generally a supporter to have certain things from cup of Jones be open to everyone cause they really don't just concern patreons only but also dedicated fans that can only watch their videos in my opinion.
But CoJ retaining actual full exclusivity doesn't somehow become "wrong" despite me thinking that way.

It's on the exact same schedule as every other episode of Zelda Talk.
And like Holundrian, I'm not understanding why you're saying next week. Sunday 5 PM for patrons, Tuesday 12 PM it goes public. Totally the same week.

MrMette

It's on the exact same schedule as every other episode of Zelda Talk.
And like Holundrian, I'm not understanding why you're saying next week. Sunday 5 PM for patrons, Tuesday 12 PM it goes public. Totally the same week.

While I do completely agree with you and Holundrian and even if I wasn't a patrron, I wouldn't care that it came out 2 days later.

In most of the world Sunday is the last day of the week (afaik, at least it is in (most of?) Europe, our weeks starts with Monday instead of Sunday so that the weekend is at the end of the week), so in that sense it possibly is "next week" for him/her. That said, it is still 2 days later, which shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Edit: I can't get a straight answer, but it seems that it's mixed around the world. So I don't know if it is as clearcut for "most of the world" as I was thinking.

While I do completely agree with you and Houdrini and even if I wasn't a patrron, I wouldn't care that it came out 2 days later.

In most of the world Sunday is the last day of the week (afaik, at least it is in Europe), so in that sense it possibly is "next week" for him/her. That said, it is still 2 days later, which shouldn't be a big deal at all.

huh... somehow I didn't realize that. Crazy to look at the calendars. Still, the patron time is early Monday morning for Europe, public is Tuesday night.

MrMette

huh... somehow I didn't realize that. Crazy to look at the calendars. Still, the patron time is early Monday morning for Europe, public is Tuesday night.

It's not something I would stress about at all as it doesn't really matter. 2 days later is 2 days later no matter how you look at it. Imo saying that it's the next week (although technically true for me), is stretching it somewhat.

I am trying to find a list with the starting weekdays per country, but I can't really find something useful. I am intrigued now as I am not so sure anymore if it is as clearcut as I was thinking.

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week#Week_numbering
There it says
Monday as first day: EU and most of other European countries, most of Asia and Oceania
Saturday as first day: Much of the Middle East
Sunday as first day: Canada, United States, India, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Israel, South Africa, most of Latin America

Again, it doesn't really matter imo, but I find things like this fascinating.

Auctopus

Are people seriously being petty enough to argue when a week begins? Like Blood said, it's 2 days whichever way you look at it.

The podcast is two days early for Patrons every week.

Just got the e-mail about Brandon being chosen to be a E3 judge again. Such a cool opportunity for all of them. While the community itself isn't that big, the patreon is still one of the biggest in the biz. I don't know whether or not being voted for the most trusted review outlet on Opencritic helped, but it's great to see the guys get this kind of recognition.

Karu

Starting the week on Sunday feels like a big troll on the sane people of this world*.

*in countries were Monday is usually the first work day of the week

Hasney

I still think the $5 tier should be the "get everything on time tier." Having stuff across 4 tiers is very confusing.

Totally disagree. There needed to be something to encourage some movement up and having 433 people at the $7 tier for something not video game related seems like it was pretty good. The only thing I would have done is add Friend Code to the $7 as well, but it's harder to do retrospectively.

Zelda Talk and Friend Code do need adding to the Patreon tiers descriptions though.

MrMette

Wait, am I still missing something or are you missing something? Europe gets the episode at 2 am on Monday right?

Yes, we got it on 2 am Monday for me in Belgium, so technically (for me), it's the "next week" as our week ends on Sunday, but just barely. Like I said, it's quite nitpicky and imo not something to worry about (it's not something I ever thought or about before or something that I care about).

Are people seriously being petty enough to argue when a week begins? Like Blood said, it's 2 days whichever way you look at it.

The podcast is two days early for Patrons every week.
I wasn't trying to start a whole thing about this, I was just trying to figure out why he/she (IdreamofHIME) said something about getting it a week later. This was the only reason I could come up with.
I don't have a problem with how everything is releasing and I wouldn't care if I wasn't a patron either. 2 days is 2 days, just like you said.

Mista Koo

Totally disagree. There needed to be something to encourage some movement up and having 433 people at the $7 tier for something not video game related seems like it was pretty good. The only thing I would have done is add Friend Code to the $7 as well, but it's harder to do retrospectively.

Zelda Talk and Friend Code do need adding to the Patreon tiers descriptions though.
I think it would've been healthier to try to convert non-patrons and $1 tier to the $5 tier. And the film club would still have the rest of its benefits (think of it like Blood Pact). It's just easier to communicate the tiers that way.

wapplew

Very nice BoTW spoiler discussion.
From the perspective of someone who only played 2D Zelda and twilight princess, I like BoTW story a lot, it help that I play on Japan voice track.
Agree with Ian, it's a Zelda story, a very romantic journey.

Really cool Brandon is back as an E3 judge. EZA is moving on up! Good job Brand Manager!

It'll also help during their E3 coverage (after the doors are open) because he'll be able to comment on a lot of games he normally wouldn't get to with the crowds and other commitments

Auctopus

E3 awards. Also they have early access to a bunch of games including to unannounced ones.

Not non-playable ones though (i.e. super secret press conference announcement stuff), unless they hear about its announcement through the grapevine.

ShadyK54

Good for Brandon & EZA! Glad I started watching them around E3 time last year, as I hadn't really ever watched Gametrailers stuff.

Can't wait for their coverage this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom