• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubers reaction game this E3 was on point. So many highlights. The cared Tripple take, the folder flip walk out, the trailer jones ambush, the composure lost during the podcast. So many!
They've all been super funny throughout the entire e3 season been laughing way more than usual

Kyle:this is some thick tasty broth
Ben:Nani!?

O god I can't be watching this at night when the family sleep lol

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
If Ben ever comes up with new FrameTrap things(like the frame trap/forbidden word)
I hope they all/continue to lean into RP stuff. Noodles and broth edition was just soooo good.
t9Z1K2K.png

A gaming focused podcast with a taste of roleplaying would also be a very unique podcast identity.

HeavenlyE

I made a bad dark joke during Fun game monday that I think made Bosman mad and instantly felt terrible, especially since Bosman is my favorite ally

sigh

Karu

Never tell dark jokes on the web that you usually only tell with your best buds after three beer lol. Unless you are a comedian on stage or looking for web-trouble.

Especially don't tell the Allies. They are certainly nooot the audience, haha.

Looks like Huber is gonna continue his God of War series playthrough with GOW1 this weekend. Been a couple of months since the last one...
Probably gonna play through the series again myself before the new one hits.

Axass

Btw they're miscounting the worlds, the dinosaurs one is the same as the jungle/kettles one.

Also did anyone really think Spider-Man will be about Mr. Negative? No way a nobody will be the only/the main villain!

Nope, there's an official world map going around that clearly shows it being its own world: Fossil Falls or something like that.

Besides that, Nintendo has already gone on record saying that there will be more worlds than those shown in the trailers (as if it wasn't obvious).

EDIT:

Mista Koo

I was once blocked by a developer I admired. Realized I had tweeted a "joke" at him that came off as an insult. I emailed him an apology, and related or not, he unblocked me.

Nope, there's an official world map going around that clearly shows it being its own world: Fossil Falls or something like that.

Besides that, Nintendo has already gone on record saying that there will be more worlds than those shown in the trailers (as if it wasn't obvious).
Huh, so there is just that one dinosaur in the jungle world I guess.

And I wasn't expecting that we've seen all the worlds.

Hasney

On Judge Jones Part 3, he talks about Echo Arena and how someone crawled up someone else and punched them in the back of the head which is amazing. It wasn't Greg that did it though, it was Greg on the recieving end of Austin Walker.

Shit that Monster Hunter World stream looked amazing.

Hope Ben is in this weeks podcast to hear his opinion.

If they talk about it. Streams aren't usually news.

Visceir

Kinda miss having Final Bosman around. We got the impressions from allies but it would have been cool to get an editorial-style rundown on how the big companies fared and what the E3 was like this year.

Zukkoyaki

Just wanted to chime in as someone who only really started following them closely during E3...

These guys rock so fucking hard. There's something special and refreshing about this channel. Their combination of knowledge, varied opinions/tastes, passion and ability to articulate their views and dissect games is extraordinary. They also manage to be fun and entertaining without delving into juvenile humor. Amazing stuff, Allies.

Just wanted to chime in as someone who only really started following them closely during E3...

These guys rock so fucking hard. There's something special and refreshing about this channel. Their combination of knowledge, varied opinions/tastes, passion and ability to articulate their views and dissect games is extraordinary. They also manage to be fun and entertaining without delving into juvenile humor. Amazing stuff, Allies.

A+++ post!!

Hasney

k0WuJuL.gif

wiibomb

so good to see new people coming to EZA..

although I would qualify chim as juvenile

wiibomb

It's not gonna hold and will leak here and there. If they really wanted to seal it away they should have used a rice cooker instead of a feeble paper box.

no problem, the vault just needs to hold to next E3, not eternity.

or until the thing just fades out of existence

Kneefoil

It's not gonna hold and will leak here and there. If they really wanted to seal it away they should have used a rice cooker instead of a feeble paper box.
I don't know if that would be any better. They used A LOT of tape.

But I appreciate the Dragon Ball reference.

My god, Bosman going from good-guy trying to make sure the neighbor kid is okay to depressed man after realizing it was a new baby in the last BvW was hilarious.

abrack08

Couple different EZA shoutouts on Kinda Funny's new podcast/stream Games Daily. They do live corrections at the end of the show and Tim brought up how EZA does it, with Corrections Music and all. Just thought it was cool, shows he actually has listened to the podcast and it's not just a "Oh sure, I love those EZA guys!" without actually knowing what's up.

wiibomb

Couple different EZA shoutouts on Kinda Funny's new podcast/stream Games Daily. They do live corrections at the end of the show and Tim brought up how EZA does it, with Corrections Music and all. Just thought it was cool, shows he actually has listened to the podcast and it's not just a "Oh sure, I love those EZA guys!" without actually knowing what's up.

greg even mentioned EZA during the podcast.

I was really happy with how they made this new one, not only is more dynamic and focused, but also andrea! I love hearing andrea, she's knowledgeable

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
We need to get Andrea or Tim as a guest some time. Surely those 2 visit LA every once in a while.

I'd love to see so many EZA cooperations tbh.
Tim, Austin(waypoint), Andrea, Danielle(waypoint), Kat(usgamer), Jeff(GB), Marc(8-4) etc.

Also to throw it out what my current dream(non developer) JRPG discussion panel would be: Ben Moore, Jeremy Parish, Kat Bailey, Elliot Gay not sure who would make a great moderator though.

Auctopus

I honestly think special guests throw the dynamic of the group off.

I don't know why but every guest they've had has been slightly awkward and feels like the Allies can't be themselves. I think the only one who gels well is Sofia.

N° 2048

I don't know why but every guest they've had has been slightly awkward and feels like the Allies can't be themselves. I think the only one who gels well is Sofia.

Wowowow completely disagree.

More variety, more collabs please. It's good for EZA.

wiibomb

I kind of agree, because there have been some guests that have been rather awkward, but I remember the guest they had from black sails and it was amazing, same as mishakoz and some others.

Kneefoil

There have been some guests that have made me feel that way, like in the first EZA Fiasconauts, but I think most of them have been good. Jonathan Metts in the last Friend Code (and obviously Matt Blair in the other E3 stream) was especially refreshing.

Auctopus

There have been some guests that have made me feel that way, like in the first EZA Fiasconauts, but I think most of them have been good. Jonathan Metts in the last Friend Code (and obviously Matt Blair in the other E3 stream) was especially refreshing.

If they're on a show like Frame Trap or Fiasconauts, yeah, it's fine. My previous comment was more about stream guests. It's nothing against the guests themselves, they all seem like nice people - it's just the change in vibe.

Dysun

I agree that guests throw off the group dynamic, but the obvious exceptions are people who were at GameTrailers at one point or another like Ryan Stevens or Matt Blair

Xenoboy

I've been meaning to ask, but who is Sofia? Like she's in some streams, and they never really introduce her beside saying her name.

ShadyK54

Hard disagree. I think having guests is fun.

Luke Arnold was the best EZA guest. Especially during the Pokémon card game tournament.

Also this. His commentary during the matches was unbelievable.

Karu

In general I don't like the concept of guests on the group stream - exceptions always exist! (Luke's Tournament commentary was gold e.g.)
Even on podcasts they can be a bit to disruptive for my taste and I prefer the EZA podcast with the core cast.

Having said that, I would love once in a while to have collabs with other outlets and have them on the EZA content, so it is not always Jones doing the heavy lifting somewhere else. Ben talking with people from Giantbomb? Tim Gettys talking with Damiani und Michael Huber about who knows what? and countless others... that would be awesome. I also would love a Jim Sterling feat. Ian Hink EZ Update collab... that sounds too weird not to happen lol. (Of course the former lives whoknowswhere, so whatever :( )

Ultimadrago

I'm really happy to have guests on and I hope Easy Allies never feel dissuaded to put more on. Even having Matt on for that short time during E3 was a welcome change and I'm glad they did it. It doesn't even need to be more ex-GT people (though I recall Jones speaking about not wanting too many strangers around his house. This is very understandable until EZA obtains a studio). They should bring even more down-to-Earth people that know what they're about and their preferences. It's great to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom