• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

This is very disheartening. It shows it has 91 members but it is full. I played D1 all the time and would love to join. I REALLY hope there aren't people who are members just to be part of the clan. There should be space for people who really play Destiny a lot and would benefit more from being in a large clan.

mishakoz

I finally had to drop out of Podcast halftime. Need to work on some other projects for a few months, so I've moved down to the DnD tier for September and may or may not stay with that.

I finally had to drop out of Podcast halftime. Need to work on some other projects for a few months, so I've moved down to the DnD tier for September and may or may not stay with that.
Dang! One of the podcast originals

Do what you gotta do. Although I'd love for you to at least stay in the D&D

Bahorel

Just bought Mario + Rabbids at Best Buy and it looks like the early editions at least come with the preorder dlc in the box even if you didn't preorder. Cool lol

Visceir

Having seen the newest Divinity 2 trailer makes me wish that was the 'D2' game the allies would be focusing on.

Not sure how it'll actually play, but it having drop in 4 player co-op sounds like it would make for some entertaining content. I remember Ben championing the first game hard!

Mikey Jr.

"The maximum number of Clan Members has been reached for this Clan. No more can join until others leave the Clan."

Mother fuckers......

Dude, the amount you've supported them is nuts. Props to literally everyone at that tier, even for a month. It's because of guys like you that they were able to hit the ground running. (Plus of course the other 5000 patrons and twitch supporters).

They went from praying that they would at least get to 10k as their dream goal, to working with 40k every month in less than 2 years.

ArjanN

Having seen the newest Divinity 2 trailer makes me wish that was the 'D2' game the allies would be focusing on.

Not sure how it'll actually play, but it having drop in 4 player co-op sounds like it would make for some entertaining content. I remember Ben championing the first game hard!

Kind of have to agree Divinity 2 would almost certainly make for more entertaining content, Destiny 2 seems too straight forward to be a great game to watch.

Budi

Absolutely! Especially after I saw this co-op spotlight trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHqguB7ihE my mind went straight to the Allies. Imagine all the hijinks they would be up to! This is something they simply can't pass up. And not only the co-op campaign, but the DM mode too. The possibilities are endless!

Anticol

Banned
I think I'm bailing on Nioh. I see the fun parts of the game, but I feel like it's just bloated with other shit that drags it down.

I bailed mid through the game, not enough variety in the enemies and the bosses were not challenging enough. Not a bad game tho but the hype dies quickly.

Huber with the line of the stream so far

And if anyone was curious to why Ben and others were hyped at the wind jammers announcement watch this group stream. Especially those Huber v Damiani matches

Alright, Ben's shoot it in the fiver is a runner up line

Final edit: Best group stream of the year. Ton of fun. If you missed it be sure to go back and watch it

ShadyK54

Top tier group stream, holy shit.

I hope Kyle reconsiders & puts Windjammers back up for the tournament vote.

Edit: A couple of things announced on stream:

-
Game of Thrones Huber Syndrome from Huber & Jones (didn't hear when it would come out)
-
Persona 5 Spoiler Mode from Ben, Brad, & Huber (filming next week)

MrMette

Not sure if they are going to use the same game twice, but we will see.
I wasn't really sold on Windjammers, but I guess it can make a good stream.

Will probably watch it in the weekend.

MrMette

This hypothetical tournament hasn't happened yet. :D

I know, I just realized it and fixed my my post, but you Ninja'd me :).

I just woke up and apparently half of my brain didn't work yet when I made that post.
I apologize to dickroach about complaining to him about a spoiler for something that never happened.

Hasney

Just use Patreon money to get a Neo Geo and a copy of Windjammers and use that for the tournament vote!

Unless Damiani is destroying too hard, not watched the stream yet. Then Everybody's Golf tournament.

Top tier group stream, holy shit.

I hope Kyle reconsiders & puts Windjammers back up for the tournament vote.

Edit: A couple of things announced on stream:

-
Game of Thrones Spoiler Mode(?) from Huber & Jones (didn't hear when it would come out)
-
Persona 5 Spoiler Mode from Ben, Brad, & Huber (filming next week)

The Game of Thrones talk is a Huber Syndrome episode. Presumably this week's one.

Incredible stream but I'm not sure about bringing it straight back for a tournament next month. I think it should be given a bit of space. Though on the other hand, Kyle was pitching a Tekken Bowl mode tournament and I can't say I'm too interested in that either.

I hope they can do something with Everybody's Golf at some point. I'm interested in seeing how all the changes they've made to the series work out but I don't really want to buy it at this point, cause I'm already buying and playing Yakuza Kiwami and Life is Strange BtS this week.

Hasney

I only made it to the first VS match of EG, but I finished Kiwami now so I'll dig deeper in between Mario and Rabbids plays.

slash3584

I know it's still far away but while checking the upcoming holidays I noticed the last weekend of October it's going to be STACKED.

Super Mario Odyssey, AC: Origins plus possibly end of month shows and streams (Fiasconauts, Gundam Stream, Q&A) then on Monday there's the Sony PGW conference and on Tuesday it's Halloween!

Bahorel

I know it's still far away but while checking the upcoming holidays I noticed the last weekend of October it's going to be STACKED.

Super Mario Odyssey, AC: Origins plus possibly end of month shows and streams (Fiasconauts, Gundam Stream, Q&A) then on Monday there's the Sony PGW conference and on Tuesday it's Halloween!

Wolfenstein also comes out on the same day as those other two. I assume Damiani will get Odyssey and Huber for Wolfenstein. Blood for AC

Bahorel

Gotta download that Knack 2 demo tonight.

I'm getting CHILLS.

I'd like to see if Knack 2 will be successful or if it will go by way of Snakes on a Plane (it was a meme and people thought that meme spelled success, but it didn't) Not sure yet if I'm going to play it, I think I'd like an opportunity to play the first one if possible whether bundled or ps plus if that might be a possibility

Roubjon

To those who are still listening to tabletop, is the current plot line finishing up soon? I dropped off around the time they met the Puffy Guys and a few episodes after. I'm interested in picking it back up once this game ends.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To those who are still listening to tabletop, is the current plot line finishing up soon? I dropped off around the time they met the Puffy Guys and a few episodes after. I'm interested in picking it back up once this game ends.

They're getting very close to the end. Ben put in a pretty hard in-game time limit on the party to get things done for this final arc, and that time has nearly run out.

Afrodium

Banned
So I'm just getting around to last week's podcast and boy oh boy do these guys need to stop talking about Nazis. Did Kyle "both sides" the Axis and Allies? I also don't get the general sentiment that fighting virtual Nazis is something that's not cool now that they've recently killed someone.

I don't think the Allies are secretly Nazis or anything of the sort, just that I think their handling of the topic in recent podcasts had been pretty clumsy and they should probably just avoid it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm just getting around to last week's podcast and boy oh boy do these guys need to stop talking about Nazis. Did Kyle "both sides" the Axis and Allies? I also don't get the general sentiment that fighting virtual Nazis is something that's not cool now that they've recently killed someone.

I don't think the Allies are secretly Nazis or anything of the sort, just that I think their handling of the topic in recent podcasts had been pretty clumsy and they should probably just avoid it.

I'm not really sure how you got that. The point was that in a game like Call of Duty when you play multiplayer one side is going to be the Allies and the other side is going to be Nazis, so theoretically speaking half of the players are going to be fighting on the Nazis' side at all times.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm not really sure how you got that. The point was that in a game like Call of Duty when you play multiplayer one side is going to be the Allies and the other side is going to be Nazis, so theoretically speaking half of the players are going to be fighting on the Nazis' side at all times.

Oh yeah, I get that part. Feeling kinda of weird about playing as Nazis/letting people play as Nazis is very understandable.

Bahorel

That breakdancing rhythm game from the Nindies showcase looks right up Kyle's alley. They showed some good looking stuff today

Wiggy

Dam another top tier group stream, absolutely hilarious. After this and the Night Trap stream I think its time to put ALL Tuesday group streams on the main channel. It's criminal to hide them away, Damiani's but wiping deserves to be viewed by as many people as possible.

abrack08

At the end of the podcast they sort of announce
that the Dark Souls retro is IMMINENT. Sounds like it'll be up pretty soon now. Was kind of hoping it would be a stealth Game Sleuth launch though, lol.

EDIT: Is it cool to talk about things semi-announced on the podcast before it's up for free? I guess you could consider that something you're paying for...

At the end of the podcast they sort of announce
that the Dark Souls retro is IMMINENT. Sounds like it'll be up pretty soon now. Was kind of hoping it would be a stealth Game Sleuth launch though, lol.

EDIT: Is it cool to talk about things semi-announced on the podcast before it's up for free? I guess you could consider that something you're paying for...

I mean, that in particular's not really an announcement. We just tweeted out a reminder last week, and we've been letting people know we've been hard at work without putting any tighter time frame on anything.

BLOOD, SHADOW DROP IT...in this thread a day early :)

Also, if Damiani had not moved to be closer to the other Allies, would he have been in Houston during Harvey? I don't recall where he was living before the move.

I think the take away is not to label all of the axis or "the bad guys" as nazis. Remember that scene in Saving Private Ryan after they took the beach and two "nazi soldiers" come out with their hands in the air surrenduring? They were Danish (?) conscripts that were forced to fight with the Germans after their countries were invaded. Most of the German army was made of conscripts that gave zero Fs about Germany or nazism or Hitler. It was either "die now" or possibly "not die later, but very small chance of survival".

Also, there were child soldiers that were either indoctrinated or forced.

Its easy to say "nazis are evil" (and they are), but the Axis forces was made up of a very small portion of real nazi soldiers or believers. I doubt anyone from Italy or Japan cared whatever evil nonsense Hitler was saying. Thet just wanted power and land.

Edit: F nazis and F those asshole white supremacists/bigots/alt-right whatever people these past couple weeks and months.

Rockk

I really hope one of the allies gets to play West of Loathing. It's a fantastic comedy RPG with stick figure artwork.

Maybe I can pester Ian on twitter to take a look at it during Easy Update...

_Ryo_

I can't wait for the Persona 5 spoiler mode. Ben, Brad, and Huber spending an hour talking about Persona 5? Hell yes! . I kinda want Kyle to be on it as well even though he didn't, and most likely will never finish it.

luchadork

mate, congrats on all the support for so long. youre a mad man. good luck with your projects :)

Top Bottom