• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

jett

D-Member
Too bad Damiani streams at random hours, would've liked to see the second part of his FF4 run live, not the same recorded. :p

Some pretty bad picks for this month's tournament where is Everybody's Golf.

Yep, looks like a very skippable stream based on those options. I don't get why Tekken Bowl is getting its own tournament when we've already had Tekken 7 and Tekken Ball tournaments. Not that I have any issues with those tournaments, I loved them, but Tekken Bowl was never as good as those two.

Everybody's Golf or Nidhogg 2 would've been far better options.

Kneefoil

Still got almost 1½ hours of Knack 2 to go.

I'm pretty interested in the MegaMan racing game, actually. Don't know anything about it.

Hasney

Yeah it's a huge bummer that since most of the streams are focused on new games anyway, we get Nidhogg 2, Everybody's Golf and Windjammers out within a week or so of each other and none of them are up for tournament voting.

Mista Koo

Yeah it's a huge bummer that since most of the streams are focused on new games anyway, we get Nidhogg 2, Everybody's Golf and Windjammers out within a week or so of each other and none of them are up for tournament voting.
I don't like the choices either. But they've just played Windjammers 2 group streams ago, and they played a golf game with the same heritage 2 tournaments ago.

Also besides Mega Man these are "new" "releases."

While grinding through Yakuza 0 side missions I finished the knack 2 stream.
I tried going back to them after beating the game but I just couldn't do it. It didn't feel right. Ended up skimming through them on Youtube, and still couldn't go through them all at once.

Hasney

I don't like the choices either. But they've just played Windjammers 2 group streams ago, and they played a golf game with the same heritage 2 tournaments ago.

Also besides Mega Man these are "new" "releases."

I think it's more Bosmans reasoning of them being in a poll recently that rubbed me the wrong way. It means that they shouldn't be burning games on other polls if they could make good tournament games.

They keep missing so many secret spots in this Knack 2 stream. Obvious ones. These damn gadgets could have been completed ages ago and I'm only 2 hours in and haven't even played a Knack game.

L.A. Noire sucked, by the way. So much potential completely wasted.

L.A. Noire sucked, by the way. So much potential completely wasted.

It was one of the first games I played when I got back into gaming and I was so star-eyed for the potential of the medium, and yet I felt the same way.

I was one of those folks who lauded the fact that the city was not reacting to your actions and that there was nothing to do in the open-world because "it was so immersive" being in this world that was not all about you. And until the end I was expecting a big twist about Phelps and no, he was just a boring dull piece of shit. No redemption, just a boring dull POS.

If they fixed a couple of things and just produced that game again as a "platform", where you roleplay as the detective that you want to be ,and every three months released an episode with new cases, it would be the perfect detective game.

Bahorel

I feel so weird for being an LA Noire fan. Before I came here I had no idea people hated it. I thought it was great and had no critique of it besides the fact that it's sometimes hard to distinguish bewteeen doubt and lie but that was part of the challenge etc. I know some people were mad you can control Cole's narrative decisions but I didn't mind that either

LA Noire was such a disjointed experience. Nothing in it flows. There's a good game wanting to burst out, but the clunkiness holds it all back.

Visceir

Wasn't the general consensus among the allies during the windjammers stream that the game should be their next tournament game?

Axass

I've checked the Patreon for the first time since August and I've just realized we may not be getting Reaction Shots and Friend Code next month. Damn, it went down a lot, the number of patrons as well, back to "before the anniversary" level.

Bahorel

I've checked the Patreon for the first time since August and I've just realized we may not be getting Reaction Shots and Friend Code next month. Damn, it went down a lot, the number of patrons as well, back to "before the anniversary" level.

I very much wish the Allies would mention it on the podcast or something so that subscribers who aren't patrons yet might be inspired to help out

Hasney

They're still above Friend Code level, but I've not seen it. Should be out for early people today, right?

I need those Nindies takes.

Hasney

Ah, just dug it out of Damianis Twitter. They shot it Sunday (I blame Knack) and I'll out late Monday west coast US time. I'll probably wake up to it.

Yea unless they get some last minute sponsors they'll be paused

Rockk

I posted about it about a month ago but the Wrestling Fiasco I was writing is nearing completion. October should be another horror fiasco so hopefully they haven't recorded September's episode.

It's really sad to see such a drop. People only care about big event coverage I guess.

I don't think it's just that alone. I can only speak for myself, but there's an argument to be made that the amount of content being put out is a bit unfocused.

Even though I could be at a higher Patreon tier, it's hard to justify putting down more than $5 as that's where the main draw is, I suspect, for lots of folks. Get the podcast early and listen to Frametrap. That's pretty much all I listen to EZA gaming wise anyways.

I'm sure there's several reasons for it though, inlcuding the lack of big events.

Hasney

I posted about it about a month ago but the Wrestling Fiasco I was writing is nearing completion. October should be another horror fiasco so hopefully they haven't recorded September's episode.

Im sure they've received more than a few at this point as well since the last couple were fan submitted, so dont be disheartened if it's not used, at least imeddiately. If it's good they might still get to it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I wouldn't mind terribly if we lost Friend Code. It would mean Nintendo news wouldn't have to be largely segregated off of the main podcast all the time because "Damiani wants to talk about it on Friend Code," and it would mean one less thing they need to get 3 or more Allies together for to shoot every other week, if nothing else. Both of which I think could be more net positive than negative.

Hasney

Nope, both negatives to me. I want more time on things like the Nindies and not be shuffled into a 10 minute rank the significance segment or whatever. An extra hour of content is great.

Only way I would want to see Friend Code go would be to make room for Frame Trap going weekly.

have u guys listened to any GT era stuff in a while? i relistened to my favorite GT time episode yesterday, "the goty so far" (kyle please do another one of these soon) and it's jones huber kyle blood and ian talking about some of the best of 2015. the energy was different, not necessarily better or worse or anything like that--you can just tell there isn't as much pressure for them or something. i can't place it

Hasney

The energy being different could be a lot of things, but I bet one of the big ones is not recording at midnight like they do now.

Auctopus

The energy being different could be a lot of things, but I bet one of the big ones is not recording at midnight like they do now.

Yeah, timing/environment and where your pay cheque is coming from can change a few things.

The EZA Podcast is definitely more laid back to me, for better or worse. The energy/rapport between the Allies has continued to get better and better through the years either way.

Fou-Lu

I don't think it's just that alone. I can only speak for myself, but there's an argument to be made that the amount of content being put out is a bit unfocused.

Even though I could be at a higher Patreon tier, it's hard to justify putting down more than $5 as that's where the main draw is, I suspect, for lots of folks. Get the podcast early and listen to Frametrap. That's pretty much all I listen to EZA gaming wise anyways.

I'm sure there's several reasons for it though, inlcuding the lack of big events.

Fair enough, I personally watch the Podcast, Frametrap, Friend Code, Huber Syndrome, the occasional review and Easy Update, Tabletop Escapades, the Gundam building stream, and most of Ben and Kyle's streams along with some of the other streams (loved Blood's Earthbound and Mother Beginnings streams for example), so I feel I get a lot for my $10.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind terribly if we lost Friend Code. It would mean Nintendo news wouldn't have to be largely segregated off of the main podcast all the time because "Damiani wants to talk about it on Friend Code," and it would mean one less thing they need to get 3 or more Allies together for to shoot every other week, if nothing else. Both of which I think could be more net positive than negative.

YFDa3Es.gif

Fair enough, I personally watch the Podcast, Frametrap, Friend Code, Huber Syndrome, the occasional review and Easy Update, Tabletop Escapades, the Gundam building stream, and most of Ben and Kyle's streams along with some of the other streams (loved Blood's Earthbound and Mother Beginnings streams for example), so I feel I get a lot for my $10.

I love stuff like Tabletop and the Gundam streams as well. But since that content isn't locked behind any sort of Patreon tier, to me, it's not an incentive to up the pledge.

I do think the Allies will need to rethink/reshuffle the goals a bit if they want to increase Patreon funding even in slower months like this.

Mista Koo

Agreed. I thought about upping to $5 but had no incentive. $1 is more maintainable regardless of how much of their content I'm watching or how satisfied I'm with them at any time. Plus I get to back more Patreons with the same amount (currently backing three, but trying to up that to five).

That's half true, that $5 went to a website with exclusive paid content. I decided to back more patrons much more recently.

Nope, both negatives to me. I want more time on things like the Nindies and not be shuffled into a 10 minute rank the significance segment or whatever. An extra hour of content is great.

Only way I would want to see Friend Code go would be to make room for Frame Trap going weekly.
I've tried listening to Friend Code a few times but I get bored pretty fast and close it. It doesn't help that they don't use timestamps.
I could see it as a segment in a shorter weekly Frame Trap.

Re: group streams, I wish they would do two games most weeks unless the poll game is a hit. This way they can easily switch to games that lost polls but had lots of votes.

Visceir

I love stuff like Tabletop and the Gundam streams as well. But since that content isn't locked behind any sort of Patreon tier, to me, it's not an incentive to up the pledge.

I do think the Allies will need to rethink/reshuffle the goals a bit if they want to increase Patreon funding even in slower months like this.

Trying to think of ways to get existing patrons to give more is probably a losing game. Bigger audience means more exposure means more patrons which would be the right way to go about increasing their income....which I guess is where youtube views/subs do come into play.

Having your "big draw" content be heavily dependent on other events/companies doesn't sound ideal either.

It's a shame the other guys are so resistant to picking up editing, it feels like a mandatory skill to have in that field in this day and age.

Bahorel

It's a shame the other guys are so resistant to picking up editing, it feels like a mandatory skill to have in that field in this day and age.

I don't think it's resistance, I think it's time. If you think about Ben, Blood, and Huber, they are all doing other things which includes spending the most time doing the gameplay, writing, and other tasks for the Allies.

On top of the fact that some of them may have other jobs they don't talk about, since not all of them are full time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Fuck. Time to up my pledge, I guess.

I wouldn't really panic yet, if the two remaining sponsor slots get picked up then that's an extra $1000 alone. Though it might be a bad sign that it's taking so long to fill those up when they've mentioned them a few times on the podcast already.

Patronage is supposed to be its own reward. The fact that they don't worry about upsale conversion rates and increasing average pledge amounts is a feature, not a flaw.

Lockon

My first post in EZA thread!

Thanks to Huber, I bought and played my first match of PUBG. It was like he said...easy to play and figure out most of the stuff.

Result of my first game: 4 kills, and got first place!!! I jumped off my chair when that last kill happened lol.

Bahorel

My first post in EZA thread!

Thanks to Huber, I bought and played my first match of PUBG. It was like he said...easy to play and figure out most of the stuff.

Result of my first game: 4 kills, and got first place!!! I jumped off my chair when that last kill happened lol.

Congrats and welcome!!

my best pubg game was coming in #7 so far but maybe one day I'll get the chicken

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I think EZA glaringly needs a Final Bosman-esque show to attract new people to their channel. A show that is timely/relevant (easier to pass around), that isn't a massive length and that showcases their personalities. I LOVE Huber Syndrome, but it's basically evergreen content because I believe they usually film 4 at a time, and I LOVE Easy Update, but that is one that's hard to recommend to newbies as well. Also, not saying this needs to be hosted by Bosman, although I'd strongly recommend that, just something that is relevant to what is going on and not an hour plus of talking.

I got into GT solely because of Final Bosman. It was kind of an organic thing that encouraged me to check out the podcast after the strength of Final Bosman, which allowed me to get to "know" them all. Once I warmed up to them, I clicked on the other shows. Right now, MUCH of their content honestly appeals to a niche segment of their of their already relatively "smallish" but devoted audience. Like I know they aren't necessarily "view count" obsessed, but they are currently doing A LOT of things that are real lengthy to produce and do minimal to grow their audience/attract sponsors.

They're just at this awkward stage where they're kind of stagnant. Content, while still outstanding, is largely the same as its ever been. They as a group (not picking on @easyallies here) kind of do an impressively bad job at promoting their content and they've honestly provided basically zero explanation of why any of us should be excited about/how they're going about getting their next big goal, a studio. Like, are they currently saving up for it? What would it allow them to do? (more group streams? easier to produce shows? guests?). Like this could be VERY exciting stuff, but I just don't know where their heads are at with it.

Don't get it twisted, I'm a day one Patron and I'll be with them until I don't have any money left in the bank. They just currently lack a "signature" type of show that would serve as a "front door" to the rest of their outstanding shows/streams.

Top Bottom