• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

aadiboy

On today's Friend Code they talked about a company that may be preventing SE from porting Chrono Trigger. What company were they talking about, I thought SE owns the Chrono IP completely?

dickroach

one of the last final bosmans, the "video game commercials are dumb" i think kinda rujined MGS for me... ima hop into MGS tomorrow. is it good? i heard it's one of the greats

demu

So next week is tournament week. What suggestions do you think?
You guys know Blobby Volley? Super simple game, but I think it would make an incredible tournament.

Blobby-Volley-rcm992x744.jpg

HeavenlyE

didnt they do that after the Knack stream?
if it wasnt that one, it was one like that. and it wasn't great :\

Ian did Piccolo's voice, not knowing what he sounded like at all. that was great

Nah you're thinking of Budokai 3 and Tenkaich is a very different type of fighting game imo

Kneefoil

didnt they do that after the Knack stream?
if it wasnt that one, it was one like that. and it wasn't great :\

Ian did Piccolo's voice, not knowing what he sounded like at all. that was great

That was Budokai 3, which is pretty different, but there are still some obvious similarities between them.

I'm not very interested in seeing people play Dragon Ball fighting games, though. Even the best Dragon Ball fighting games are just "pretty good". Here's hoping that FighterZ changes that.

ToonLink

Lol at the PBS outrage. I understand if some people view it as 'dumb fun', but it's easy to see why some people would be uncomfortable with a game that heavily sexualises young girls (even if they age them up in the localisation) in a way catered to the male gaze. It isn't just about it being 'mature'.

The Allies are not puppets. If they feel uncomfortable playing something, they shouldn't be forced to play it. No need to take that as a personal attack on yourself.

Dmax3901

Yeah the youtube comments are trash on the group stream this week.

So many stupid arguments: "why do you play violent and gory games but not this?"

Maybe cause violence doesn't necessarily exclude/alienate an enormous part of your audience, nor would it cause an awkward atmosphere.

"Senran Kagura is the line? what the hell?"

Yeah, dude, it has little girls in bikini's shooting water on each other.

"EZA aren't mature enough to stream a game like this"

No, you're not mature enough to realise WHY they don't want to stream it.

You just know if they played Dream Daddy Simulator one week the comments would be all "get this SJW shit out of here!".

N° 2048

I like the Senran Kagura games, I just finished Peach Beach Splash and it was a great game to play while watching a show or a podcast.

For a group stream, no thanks. Would get boring real fast especially since online is already dead in PBS.

Good decision by EZA.

Bahorel

A comment I just saw on patreon:

"I lowered my pledge today. It was only from 10$ to 5$, I don't believe my actions will really harm EZA in the long run and clearly I want to support you because as of right now it's still 5$ but the events of the last 3 days have soured me on EZA.

Jones your statement at the start of the group stream made my blood boil in it's snide dismissal of everyone that voted for the game and I find EZAs actions to be out of line with their own motto. How can I be loved and respected when you call my earnest suggestion of a game inappropriate, how can I be excited to participate when my involvement is tossed aside and we are chastised to support you "In the right way"."

I just can't imagine what it's like to be this upset over boobs.

ToonLink

"I lowered my pledge today. It was only from 10$ to 5$, I don't believe my actions will really harm EZA in the long run and clearly I want to support you because as of right now it's still 5$ but the events of the last 3 days have soured me on EZA.

Jones your statement at the start of the group stream made my blood boil in it's snide dismissal of everyone that voted for the game and I find EZAs actions to be out of line with their own motto. How can I be loved and respected when you call my earnest suggestion of a game inappropriate, how can I be excited to participate when my involvement is tossed aside and we are chastised to support you "In the right way"."

Some people are really seeing it as a personal attack, as if Senran Kagura is some kind of lifestyle choice that is being looked down upon.

Mista Koo

It's understandable that people who raised their pledge to choose a game would get angry that their game got disqualified without a prior warning. But gator types can go to hell so whatevs.

Hasney

Some people are really seeing it as a personal attack, as if Senran Kagura is some kind of lifestyle choice that is being looked down upon.

giphy.gif

I'm bumping my pledge by $5 for at least a month. Between Beastly and that comment and I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Visceir

Haven't been paying much attention to this whole situation, but it seems like this could have all been easily been avoided if they had vetoed it earlier in the voting process and given a reason why. Communication would have helped a lot.

If it won the vote it must mean the majority of their supporters wanted it to happen...which also means they upset the majority of their supporters. Just a poor management job from them which brought loads of unneccesary and easily avoidable negative vibes.

ShadyK54

Saw Bahorel’s comment posted in the discord earlier with the comment “putting the money where the mouth is.” Fucking SHEESH at everyone in there taking serious offense to the veto. One of the mods even posted a tweet he made to Ben asking if he was allowed to have a solo PBS stream. Kind of embarrassing.

Kneefoil

Haven't been paying much attention to this whole situation, but it seems like this could have all been easily been avoided if they had vetoed it earlier in the voting process and given a reason why. Communication would have helped a lot.

If it won the vote it must mean the majority of their supporters wanted it to happen...which also means they upset the majority of their supporters. Just a poor management job from them which brought loads of unneccesary and easily avoidable negative vibes.

It didn't win the vote. It got enough support during the game nomination that it should've been one of the options that patrons got to vote on, but it was vetoed, so it was never even put up for the vote.

arkon

They should have communicated up front about their right to veto certain choices, as obvious as it may have seemed.

This clearly calls for a Group Stream Selection Constitution to be drawn up. On stream. Formal dress.

This is mind boggling to me. Do these people not self-reflect at all?

This game has the 15 year old girls right? And you are wondering how normal people find that inappropriate?

Jesus, what a comment.

Wow, just saw the comments and downvote percentage on the newest group stream video. Jeez, that's pretty embarrassing.

Unfortunately, I imagine there's probably a decent overlap between people that don't want to see Ian's game and people who want to see Peach Beach Splash. *Nothing against anyone who likes that game, nothing wrong with that.

Yea this too. No one is judging or criticizing them, just because they don't want to play x game on their stream.

Mikey Jr.

Today I learned there's a sizable contingent of creeps (to say the least) in the EZA community.

Agreed.

Wanna see the first page of the manual/art book that comes with this game? Read everything.

t5pdElc.jpg

And you want the EZA guys to play this? Fuck outta here.

Top Bottom