• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Jonnax

Tried to watch it twice, but still haven't managed to finish the last episode. I'm so ready for this scenario/story to end and it feels like so are they.

The lack of any kind of map or established surrounding is becoming a bigger issue with each episode as all the players seem to have their own idea of what's going on...which results in all kinds of dumb moves and actions. Ian's "I talk into everyone's head, cast silent image and have my raven scout" got annoying 30 episodes ago.

I'm hoping that their next game is a bit more grounded.
Haven't played D&D before unless Neverwinter Nights on PC counts, but there's a lot of overpowered skills for magic characters that kinda just break the game.

A smaller scope for the story, smaller set of locations and acting rashly leading straight to death so the players have a fear for it.

Fou-Lu

I think it would be fun if Ben put them through a dangerous (and mapped out) dungeon crawl with new characters and the expectation that everyone at least knows their own character sheet, so everyone can learn the rules better and things will get less confusing.

To be fair,
Fame is just a character Kyle made to finish the arc with. Unless she survives and Kyle likes her enough to continue,
I guess.

Yeah, and Kyle should've realized another selfish idiot would be bad to finish the campaign with. Ben should've also vetoed the decision. Part of being a DM is ensuring characters and players fit properly into the story.

Necator and Therese have grown into the story (as opposed to Pomper who throws himself into it) at least

Edit

Damn, I didn’t think she was that bad lmao.

Spoilers for the last episode
Ben gives Kyle the chance to back out of grabbing the 'mother' Dragonborn because he wasn't clear there were so many warlocks right in front of them. He's like "no, she'd still do it anyway".

Great rp for the character, terrible idea as a player because you're probably going to end the campaign. That's what I meant to say for the character being an idiot.

ShadyK54

Yeah, and Kyle should've realized another selfish idiot would be bad to finish the campaign with. Ben should've also vetoed the decision. Part of being a DM is ensuring characters and players fit properly into the story.

Necator and Therese have grown into the story (as opposed to Pomper who throws himself into it) at least

Damn, I didn’t think she was that bad lmao.

ToonLink

Hmm, I think I managed to find the episode of TTE where I left off. I'm going make a concerted effort to catch up. From what I'm hearing, it seems like the campaign might be wrapping up soon?

ShadyK54

Hmm, I think I managed to find the episode of TTE where I left off. I'm going make a concerted effort to catch up. From what I'm hearing, it seems like the campaign might be wrapping up soon?

Yeah, certainly feels like the seeds are sewn for the endgame.

Ultimadrago

finished cold steel 3 *whew* 2017 man. Next is ys8 then divinity 2.

2017 Indeed! I'm still waiting on Cold Steel 2 PC as far as Kiseki is concerned. Don't know when in 2018 that's releasing, but the steady stream of solid games has really lightened the blow. I recently completed A Hat in Time, Divinity 2 is on my list and South Park is well on the way (with Mario!)!

Edit: AND Wolfenstein 2!!

Some info from Huber’s stream
- if you couldn’t tell from his twitter chatter he really likes Evil Within 2
- Full playthrough of Evil Within 2 is confirmed for Monday Oct 23 3:00 PST with Kyle Bosman

Servbot24

Banned
For me, TTE is at its best when they're just bumbling around towns and being silly. Fights are boring (not just in TTE, but in general).

- Full playthrough of Evil Within 2 is confirmed for Monday Oct 23 3:00 PST with Kyle Bosman

Huber + Bosman horror playthroughs are the best. They did some GT ones and I watched their RE7 playthrough. Kyle is such a wimp like me I love it.

For me, TTE is at its best when they're just bumbling around towns and being silly. Fights are boring (not just in TTE, but in general).

Absolutely, these guys do a great job being goofballs. They've also had some awesome serious moments when they knuckle down like

• Attack on the city of coin
  • Mindflayer + Warlock fight in the 'cult' town, SO GOOD
  • Law's Last Stand
  • Old Benjamin :'(

Nice. His RE7 playthrough with Kyle cowering in the background was what sold me on that game, so I'm excited to watch this.

ShadyK54

Alright, nice!

Yup. Random shenanigans are fun.

Speaking of streams, we need a new VR stream from Kyle covering Megaton Rainfall and No Heroes Allowed VR since they both come out next week. Both games on my "when I eventually buy a VR headset" wishlist.

Mista Koo

Howdy folks, so I'm the student who is writing about the mechanical/psychological impact of the Blue Shell in Mario Kart, I'd be very interested in hearing people's opinions on the shell itself. I'll likely post a thread in it's own right when my research is further along, but in the meantime I'm just gathering people's thoughts to help direct the paper.

It's a little more mechanic-centric than I let on in L&R because I didn't want to bog down the question. Basically I'm assuming the Blue Shell doesn't really have a massive impact on the race outcome, and as such, isn't beneficial to players, hence why "nobody actually likes it". The Allies on the podcast gave me a lot of food for thought, but I can always use more, please let me know your thoughts :)
I prefer it when it hits everyone on its way. Because the way it usually happens leads to players in the first place slowing down the moment they see it coming to try and become second place.

And it is less useful to players who are falling behind than stuff like Bullet Bill.

jett

D-Member
That SFV/FGC discussion on the podcast was pretty much correction bait. :p

Hmm? It wasn't too bad. Damiani said more or less all the right things, Brad was being kinda weird though. If anything they probably understated how much more popular Street Fighter V is from a competitive standpoint than every other fighter.

Hmm? It wasn't too bad. Damiani said more or less all the right things, Brad was being kinda weird though. If anything they probably understated how much more popular Street Fighter V is from a competitive standpoint than every other fighter.

I think the only big correction was the AE stuff, e.g. Capcoms "promise" not to put out another version.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
2017 Indeed! I'm still waiting on Cold Steel 2 PC as far as Kiseki is concerned. Don't know when in 2018 that's releasing, but the steady stream of solid games has really lightened the blow. I recently completed A Hat in Time, Divinity 2 is on my list and South Park is well on the way (with Mario!)!

Edit: AND Wolfenstein 2!!

It's a good wait. Will also shorten in turn the wait for CS3 western release. I kinda expect Cold Steel II pc in late January from what I hear about it progress wise.
And boi forgot about Southpark... probably going to the "I won't be able to get to it graveyard". I feel like after Divinity I should make Gravity Rush 2 a priority hearing how the online will be shut down next year.

Yup, all these years later and I still can't follow the fights. Especially when they're spread over several episodes.
Shenanigans and hijinks are what I tune in for.

UrbanRats

Agreed.
A TTE with "regular" jobs (still in a fantasy world) instead of fighter characters would be very interesting to see, and i bet even more entertaining.

In TTA they handled combat more fast and loose, if i remember correctly (at least in the later episodes, with the super spit and other beautiful nonsense) which helped keep the flow moving.
I guess some like them to adhere to the rule-set more strictly though. *shrug*

Evil within 2 is goooooood. It is also loooong. I’m 5 hours in and barely scratched the surface of this game. It’s easy to loose track of time doing side quests and other things in the town. But there’s some rewarding and unexpected things that can pop up from it. I don’t see how huber can do this game in one sitting. I guess crit path it and maybe?

LiK

Persona 5 spoiler mode was fun. I wish they talked about more of the boss designs. But it was a good discussion.

Zeroro

Speaking of Spoiler Mode, now that Ben's finished Danganronpa V3, I'd love a discussion on that game and the many, many places it goes, but it seems like he's the only one who's gonna end up playing it this year (though I very much admired his attempt to nudge Huber and Bloodworth into playing it on the most recent Frame Trap).

LeonSPBR

Hype. Huber and Kyle playing games together are really fun.

Huber + Bosman horror playthroughs are the best. They did some GT ones and I watched their RE7 playthrough. Kyle is such a wimp like me I love it.

You should watch the Outlast 2 stream they did. It's really good.

I feel like I am missing huge segments of the EZA cannon by dodging TTE, but now I can't feel compelled to start when I see how many episodes there are... Is it something I could just listen to while I play games? Or do I have to watch the gang on camera?

Hasney

I feel like I am missing huge segments of the EZA cannon by dodging TTE, but now I can't feel compelled to start when I see how many episodes there are... Is it something I could just listen to while I play games? Or do I have to watch the gang on camera?

Yeah, there's a podcast version.

Fou-Lu

Kyle finding out during the Mega Man X Command Mission stream that he needs to connect a GBA for the treasure radar made me realize...

A four player Easy Allies Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles stream would be amazing.

I only ever listen to it in podcast form. It's not time sensitive, so if you want to catch up, you can do it at your own pace.

Jamie OD

Kyle finding out during the Mega Man X Command Mission stream that he needs to connect a GBA for the treasure radar made me realize...

A four player Easy Allies Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles stream would be amazing.

Zelda: Four Swords would be great too.

Philippo

I had the best time ever playing CC on the CG with my neighrbour when i was a kid.

I really need a new Chrystal Chronicles on the Switch.

Mikey Jr.

Week 2, and the group selection committee has already done work.

3 great fun games that probably would have never come up.

-Gang Beasts

-PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

-Pokémon Stadium 2

I'm voting for Gang Beasts personally.

abrack08

All 3 are great options but I really want Pokemon Stadium. I'm very interested in what teams everyone builds, and we need that Jones/Kyle grudge match for skipping the battle in the last BS/KM!

Top Bottom