• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

eBay.de promotes Wii U heavily in response to MS practices

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wii U appears on top of their Facebook front page with this message:
https://www.facebook.com/ebay.de?fref=ts
ebay.de said:
941356_655548367795990_1010231865_n.jpg

-Keine Gebraucht-Spiel-Sperren
-Keine Online-Pflicht
-Kein Gedöns
Rough translation:
- no used game locking
- no mandatory online
- no trouble

1. eBay is the middle man and obviously mad at Microsoft for stoppying sales of reused games
2. MS conference REALLY is helping Wii U
3. German balls are made of steel

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I can only dream that every business that has any ties to used games (online stores/rental services/retailers) would push which ever console didn't have this anti-consumer bullshit as hard as they possibly could and ignored the fuck out of the others.

A man can dream.

OK. I apologize.

-no developer support
-no relevance in the current gaming climate
-no ability to ever be next gen
-no hook

2 of those are your personal issues.

I think it's silly to be jumping the gun on MS. My issue is with how they handle these questions regarding used games and being online. It should be a yes or no question. Not this long obnoxious speech they give out.

Fularu

Banned
OK. I apologize.

-no developer support
-no hook

You're trying way too hard.

You're also oh so original, you have a bright future here (hint, I would advise against trolling while you're still a Junior, because you'll get permed)

GRW810

OK. I apologize.

-no developer support
-no hook
I love this. It's like "ok, I was proven wrong, but I must still fight my cause!" Like when your mum told you off for your room being messy, you replied that you actually tidied it already, so she told you off for not doing your homework instead rather than lose face.

Pineconn

-no developer support

Developers who have supported or will support the Wii U include Ubisoft, Capcom, EA, Straight Right, Treyarch, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, 5th Cell, Traveler's Tales, Disney, Platinum, Telltale, Monolith Soft, and, of course, first party Nintendo studios. Although this list is not exhaustive, I believe it shows that there is not "no developer support."

Overused hyperbole isn't funny to me.

So does anyone else here believe that the reason why EA and some of these other publishers refuse to pledge support for the Wii U is not because the hardware is lacking in sales or because it's difficult to code for but because they refused to go along with these new schemes of blocking used games and online DRM?

Top Bottom