• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

Hrm, after it shipped on Friday through USPS, I thought I was safe, but now I'm not so sure anymore. There's been no movement in the tracking info at all and it still says "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier". Man, I got in super early too.

Damn, I think I'm getting boned. It's been changed to:

Delayed
Your package is still on the way, but we expect it to arrive later than expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm thinking it got intercepted after it shipped. Anyone else have theirs shipped only to get intercepted?

Hari Seldon

Mine still says delivering by 8pm today, but there is no status updates other than from friday night when it says "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier". I'm betting it got snagged.

Socivol

Mine still says delivering by 8pm today, but there is no status updates other than from friday night when it says "Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier". I'm betting it got snagged.

This happened to my friends it didn't update but she got it in the mail yesterday.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
two day shipping pulled through and now my Dots are already set up around the house.

I'm eagerly awaiting Amazon's implementation of mesh. I want these things to be able to put music or daily reports throughout the house instead of on a single Dot/Echo.

JettDash

Holy shit, I just got mine.

Gj7ncCQ.jpg

DOWN

Banned
I got the Dot but then also got the free $5 credit but complained because the credit got applied to a subscription I had automatically and so the woman gave me another $5

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I got the Dot but then also got the free $5 credit but complained because the credit got applied to a subscription I had automatically and so the woman gave me another $5

Just a warning I'm going to bitch, but people like you ruin good customer service.

Alastor3

Since the Echo dot speaker is really poor, what speaker should I buy to complement the Dot, to listen to music that doesn't cost much?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
sucks mine was supposed to arrive tonight, but just never came. Gonna go ahead and assume it's marked undeliverable.

The speaker in this thing is a lot better than I expected for something so small. Music sounds great on it and also the microphone range is really good.

DOWN

Banned
Just a warning I'm going to bitch, but people like you ruin good customer service.
Seriously. That's shameful.

Greedy ass.
That’s just their service. I just expected her to let me know that the credit wouldn’t be lost if I cancelled the subscription.

I didn’t ask her for anything. I told her the credit got applied to a subscription that ships in a couple weeks so I will probably cancel it because I wouldn’t have used that credit on it but wanted to know if I would lose the credit. She said she could fix it and came back saying she added a $5 credit.

I wasn’t exploiting them further on purpose lol. Only ordered one Dot

Ashhong

Why are you fuckers posting pictures of the damn box.

Bastards.

edit: So mine was shipped last night, then changed to "refused delivery" an hour later, and I never even got a 5$ email. I spoke to Amazon right now, and her first question was "would you like a refund or replacement" so I asked for a replacement and now it's coming on Wednesday!

Arttemis

Mine was shipped today with an original arrival date for Wednesday, but the tracking said it's been moved to an earlier arrival time for Tuesday!

I'm freaking hyped! Already looking at buying a new thermostat, smart bulbs, and these z-wave outlet sockets to install behind my wall switches to upgrade my fans.
Why are you fuckers posting pictures of the damn box.

Bastards.

edit: So mine was shipped last night, then changed to "refused delivery" an hour later, and I never even got a 5$ email. I spoke to Amazon right now, and her first question was "would you like a refund or replacement" so I asked for a replacement and now it's coming on Wednesday!

That's crazy!

So I got my Echo Dot successfully delivered AND they sent me an email saying my order was cancelled and they were giving me $5 credit. Should I do something about this?

So I got my Echo Dot successfully delivered AND they sent me an email saying my order was cancelled and they were giving me $5 credit. Should I do something about this?

What are you proposing you do?

You got a free $5 and the echo dot, if you're feeling guilty donate $5 to the Little Sisters of the Poor or something.

Hari Seldon

Mine was supposed to arrive today, but now it says between now and tuesday. I am still pessimistic that it is going to get intercepted lol.

Arttemis

Whew, it seems the white dot slipped though their net! It was originally shared to arrive Wednesday, then Tuesday, and it's already out for delivery on a UPS truck in my town! They cancelled the black one I ordered, though.

Top Bottom