• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That’s just their service. I just expected her to let me know that the credit wouldn’t be lost if I cancelled the subscription.

I didn’t ask her for anything. I told her the credit got applied to a subscription that ships in a couple weeks so I will probably cancel it because I wouldn’t have used that credit on it but wanted to know if I would lose the credit. She said she could fix it and came back saying she added a $5 credit.

I wasn’t exploiting them further on purpose lol. Only ordered one Dot

No you complained when you got a free 5 dollars that you shouldn't have got in the first place, and then accepted another 5.

Huh... My Dot was supposed to arrive yesterday but it was oddly sent to a Amazon center in NJ. I thought it was intercepted but I checked the status this morning and it's out for delivery now!

Huh... My Dot was supposed to arrive yesterday but it was oddly sent to a Amazon center in NJ. I thought it was intercepted but I checked the status this morning and it's out for delivery now!

Mine was also supposed to come yesterday, but got delayed. Now it says "if it hasn't arrived by wednesday, come back for more options"

Intercepted for sure.

So apparently the Echo Dot I ordered legitimately got damaged in transit, not cancelled. Never got the $5 credit and they're sending me another one.

GulAtiCa

Got mine all set up in my bedroom. Ordered an additional smart light bulb so I can now control the desk lamp without needing to strech and manover out of the way to turn on / off. Also got my sound machine hooked up. Very important there was super convienent to turn on / off from voice since sometimes I might want to trun it on / off to listen to videos / games without getting out of bed.

Hari Seldon

Mine was also supposed to come yesterday, but got delayed. Now it says "if it hasn't arrived by wednesday, come back for more options"

Intercepted for sure.

It said that for mine, but apparently it just got delivered!

The only weird thing is it says:

"Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident."

No one is home right now though...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Intercepted for sure.

that's what I'm thinking.

edit-
It said that for mine, but apparently it just got delivered!

The only weird thing is it says:

"Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident."

No one is home right now though...

maybe not? Fingers Crossed :).

AdamT

I'm thinking about picking up a few IKEA smart lights for the house now that I have the Echo. My wife has a night stand on the other side of the bedroom that is a pain to switch off, and I would like more control over lighting in the living room, so this'll be handy. Need to do a bit more research to see if there are any caveats, though.

How soon after it shipped did you get a damaged email?
Actually didn't get an email for that. I ordered and got the confirmation email on Friday. 3AM Saturday I got the email that it shipped. I found out it was damaged via the Amazon app later that night. I got the email last night on Sunday saying that the item was damaged and that another order has been made that will be shipped to me.

Spacebar

Nice, did it get delayed at all in the process? I'm still holding out hope here, havent got the cancellation notice, but it is late.

No, but it did ship a day late. I live near a distribution center so they prob just waited to ship right before today. I used prime 2 day delivery.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No, but it did ship a day late. I live near a distribution center so they prob just waited to ship right before today. I used prime 2 day delivery.

That's what I meant by delayed. That's what I'm hoping. The carrier apparently doesn't do sunday deliveries so again, fingers still crossed!

Ashhong

Actually didn't get an email for that. I ordered and got the confirmation email on Friday. 3AM Saturday I got the email that it shipped. I found out it was damaged via the Amazon app later that night. I got the email last night on Sunday saying that the item was damaged and that another order has been made that will be shipped to me.

Good luck. I just had my replacement order for the "undeliverable" original order get cancelled. I never even got a 5$ credit so I had to talk to Amazon for that.

Man, talk about pouring salt in the wound. Not only did my friend who lives in the same area order two after I did in two separate orders, they boxed both into one single shipment while I'm sitting here with mine in limbo.

Geez you guys are lucky :)

I got one, and it's not lucky.

Getting something that costs $50 or a bit less on sale is fine, but it's shit like this that proves how terrible so many people are.

Taking advantage, expecting free money from amazon, and bitching and crying over something that costs FIFTY dollars. What the fuck is wrong with people.

Ashhong

Getting something that costs $50 or a bit less on sale is fine, but it's shit like this that proves how terrible so many people are.

Taking advantage, expecting free money from amazon, and bitching and crying over something that costs FIFTY dollars. What the fuck is wrong with people.

How exactly are you any better when you took advantage of the same pricing error? Because you got one and therefore didn't have anything to complain about? I hope you at least donated the 5$ credit to charity if you received it then.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Now you're being grossly melodramatic. Yeah coming in here and bitching about it being cancelled, or being like DOWN and bragging about cheating amazon out of 10 extra dollars AFTER getting his free dot is scummy. You getting one is in fact lucky. Settle down, you're not terrible and neither are the people who got a free dot.

How exactly are you any better when you took advantage of the same pricing error? Because you got one and therefore didn't have anything to complain about? I hope you at least donated the 5$ credit to charity if you received it then.

I didn't even expect to get it because the tracking changed. The audible promo seemed legit. I would not have placed an order if it was an obvious error. Basic human decency matters more to me than trying to get something you don't deserve for free.

1. If I didn't get it, I wouldn't expect Amazon to give me $5. It's bullshit that people think they deserve something every time a company makes a mistake.
2. I already gave it to a friend who has been curious about the echo because what the fuck is $50? I had an acquaintance who complained and I chose not to give it to him because he was acting like a entitled brat.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I didn't even expect to get it because the tracking changed. The audible promo seemed legit. I would not have placed an order if it was an obvious error. Basic human decency matters more to me than trying to get something you don't deserve for free.

1. If I didn't get it, I wouldn't expect Amazon to give me $5. It's bullshit that people think they deserve something every time a company makes a mistake.
2. I already gave it to a friend who has been curious about the echo because what the fuck is $50? I had an acquaintance who complained and I chose not to give it to him because he was acting like a entitled brat.

What the fuck is $50? A good amount of money. Regardless of what you did with it, you still "stole" an echo though. Don't play dumb and pretend you didn't know it was a pricing error... how did you find out about the mixup? If so, why didn't you cancel it after you found out? What a load of garbage.

edit- and again for the record, there is nothing wrong with anybody who took advantage of this pricing error. Yes the people who complained are brats, yes people scheming to steal money from amazon are shitty. You pretending you were oblivious to this whole thing? Embarrassing.

What the fuck is $50? A good amount of money. Regardless of what you did with it, you still "stole" an echo though. Don't play dumb and pretend you didn't know it was a pricing error... how did you find out about the mixup? If so, why didn't you cancel it after you found out? What a load of garbage.

edit- and again for the record, there is nothing wrong with anybody who took advantage of this pricing error. Yes the people who complained are brats, yes people scheming to steal money from amazon are shitty. You pretending you were oblivious to this whole thing? Embarrassing.

The deal on slickdeals when it went up said "Audible Promo"

Why the hell would that not seem legit? You know audible is owned by amazon. It's not some crazy expensive thing, it's $50.

I'm sorry if someone thinks that is a good amount of money. It's not for me. I'm not going to apologize for earning what I earn.

How much time is there for orders to go through with prime? Not even a day. I don't have the time or the patience to constantly check the status is everything I order. Placed the order on Friday and that was that. Got the shipping notification just like everything I order from Amazon. Came home on Sunday to find it crammed in my mailbox despite tracking said it wouldn't arrive on time. Yes, by then I knew it was a mistake, and that's why I didn't keep it. Yes, it's too much of a hassle to send it back, but what the hell else was I supposed to do?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Why the hell would that not seem legit? You know audible is owned by amazon. It's not some crazy expensive thing, it's $50.

I'm sorry if someone thinks that is a good amount of money. It's not for me. I'm not going to apologize for earning what I earn.

How much time is there for orders to go through with prime? Not even a day. I don't have the time or the patience to constantly check the status is everything I order. Placed the order on Friday and that was that. Got the shipping notification just like everything I order from Amazon. Came home on Sunday to find it crammed in my mailbox despite tracking said it wouldn't arrive on time. Yes, by then I knew it was a mistake, and that's why I didn't keep it. Yes, it's too much of a hassle to send it back, but what the hell else was I supposed to do?

Sending it back takes two seconds if you feel that strongly about it. You gave stolen merchandise to a friend and made him an accomplice in your crime now.

I don't buy ANY of what you just wrote btw. Slickdeals said echo showing free+ free shipping. I like the stealth brag about you being megabucks as 50 dollars is a lot to just about anybody. I'm not saying 50 dollar gifts are egregious, but I'm not just tossin 50s out left and right. You can cancel an order mid delivery anyways, plenty of them were marked undeliverable in transit. Just let it go. You might want to do some introspection, I'm going to go ahead and assume you have a lot of drama in your life.

edit- also if you feel this strongly, you can still send it back for free.

linkboy

Mine is still saying it it'll arrive tomorrow by 8pm.

However, it's at an Amazon shipping facility in Aurora, Co.

I'll be surprised if it ships out of the facility.

bigkrev

Mine arrived on Saturday, and I got an e-mail yesterday about how they were canceling my order because of the error, and giving me $5 in credit lol.

Set it up yesterday, and was impressed at the speaker quality without even hooking it up to anything. Could still hear it in the next room over!

Mine arrived on Saturday, and I got an e-mail yesterday about how they were canceling my order because of the error, and giving me $5 in credit lol.

Set it up yesterday, and was impressed at the speaker quality without even hooking it up to anything. Could still hear it in the next room over!

Ya I don't know why people keep saying it's butt. For an apartment the speaker works just fine for me sound wise if I want to play music, especially in the living room/bedroom

This post gave me a sad.

A pity sad.

Boo this man.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

You, nor nobody else in here, used the "promo" the right way. So get off your high horse.

Ya I mean it was clearly a price error, most online deals that are too good to be true are. Amazon probably cancelled 95% of the orders and figured they'd just let the rest slide since it'd cost more money to pull them back, and they can likely hook people into ordering more stuff through Alexa now.

Also expect a deal where if you sign up for 6 months of Audible, you get one.

You've all been reported to the FBI. I was actually amazon the whole time INSTEAD.

Oh fuc-

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I would expect nothing less of a person who has Nathan Drake the mass murderer as his damn avatar.

what did you expect me to do? I didn't realize he was a mass murderer when I got this avatar. I could've changed it, but it was too late. Who has time for that?

rothgar

I ordered mine and then alerted my sister-in-law. She ordered it about an hour after I did. Of course she gets hers and mine gets cancelled. At least I applied the $5 courtesy credit to Uncharted:LL, so not that bad a deal.

Salaadin

Mine shipped Friday night and everything was set to deliver on Sunday. That never happened. Now, they're saying "contact us if you don't get it by the 22nd"

I don't think im getting it. I bet that when I contact them, they tell me it's a mistake and that's that :(

I have a tracking number but USPS is down

Markew001

Mine shipped Friday night and everything was set to deliver on Sunday. That never happened. Now, they're saying "contact us if you don't get it by the 22nd"

I don't think im getting it. I bet that when I contact them, they tell me it's a mistake and that's that :(

Same exact situation. Guess I'll wait until the 22nd and see what happens.

Same exact situation. Guess I'll wait until the 22nd and see what happens.

Same here. Hopefully, someone with the same situation will be able to shed some light on which way this will go soon.

Top Bottom