• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #272 - Far Cry 4 cover story, Bayonetta 2 gets a 10

weekev

Banned
First one also got a 10.

Because people love to bitch about lists here's their top 10 games of the generation:

10 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
9 LittleBigPlanet
8 Bayonetta
7 Super Street Fighter IV
6 Red Dead Redemption
5 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Portal
3 The Last of Us
2 Super Mario Galaxy
1 Dark Souls

This is true but they are historically harsher with sequels are they not? GOTY perhaps? What else is there to compete?
Assassins Creed? Dragon Age Inquisition? Shadow of Mordor? Not sure any of them will be as good, although Bayo 2 could be too niche.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My first thought was I now had to frickin' buy Far Cry 4 because it got a 10. Phew! Glad it's Bayo 2, that's already preordered.

First one also got a 10.

Because people love to bitch about lists here's their top 10 games of the generation:

9 LittleBigPlanet
8 Bayonetta
6 Red Dead Redemption
5 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Portal
3 The Last of Us
2 Super Mario Galaxy
1 Dark Souls

did not deserve

Yeah, forgot about GTA.

As for Dark Souls, Edge did a 'it deserved a ten' revision last year I believe.

It's a good list though, full of excellent games.

Anyway, Wii U is the first current gen system to get a ten if you don't count remasters.

NotLiquid

The wait for the game is starting to take a toll.

I wonder whether Bayonetta 2 can do to the series what DMC3 did to Devil May Cry.

And the best part is I have never played Bayonetta. When the game arrives in October, I'll spend weeks playing the first one knowing that the fun is only beginning. The same happened when I bought my Wii with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

First one also got a 10.

9 LittleBigPlanet
8 Bayonetta
6 Red Dead Redemption
5 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Portal
3 The Last of Us
2 Super Mario Galaxy
1 Dark Souls

Outside of Little Big Planet imo, damn solid list.

yea the title made me think Far Cry 4 was the one that got a 10.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Percy

Banned
9 LittleBigPlanet
8 Bayonetta
6 Red Dead Redemption
5 Grand Theft Auto V
4 Portal
3 The Last of Us
2 Super Mario Galaxy
1 Dark Souls

Change LBP for LBP2, Street Fighter for Demon's Souls and Red Dead for Left 4 Dead and this list is getting somewhere.

sublimit

Banned
I've stopped giving a shit about Edge's scores a long time ago. After giving Tomb Raider Reboot an 8/10 (with a review that failed to criticize any of the important shortcomings of that game) that was the cherry on top and i never read another review by them after that.

Bayonetta 2 may be a phenomenal game it's just that Edge reviews specifically have forever lost their credibility for me.

Majukun

The wait for the game is starting to take a toll.

I wonder whether Bayonetta 2 can do to the series what DMC3 did to Devil May Cry.

looking at the import thrad,it doesn't.it's more like bayo 1 &2 are both outstanding games,but basically on par with each other.

and since nobody surpassed bayo 1 last gen,and it was my game of the generation,I'm ok with that

RudoIudo

I've stopped giving a shit about Edge's scores a long time ago. After giving Tomb Raider Reboot an 8/10 (with a review that failed to criticize any of the important shortcomings of that game) that was the cherry on top and i never read another review by them after that.

Bayonetta 2 may be a phenomenal game it's just that Edge reviews specifically have forever lost their credibility for me.

TR reboot is a pretty good game. Deserve a solid 8, even from Edge.

weekev

Banned
No it's not. It's a shitty cinematic experience game that holds no respect for the series roots in my opinion.
Fixed it for you. A lot of people really enjoyed the TR reboot, clearly trying to be Uncharted a little but lets be honest Uncharted started out trying to be Tomb Raider. 8 seems fair to me.

That top ten list is solid

Only thing I'd replace would be street fighter with mortal kombat, imo mortal kombat 9 just blew every fighting game out of the water

D: :eek: at the 10 for Bayonetta 2. The goddess is back :D I'm ready

I'd have thought Skyward Sword would have ended up in their top 10 of the generation. They seemed to absolutely love it, going by their review.

Nice list, though. And great news for Bayonetta fans.

sublimit

Banned
Fixed it for you. A lot of people really enjoyed the TR reboot, clearly trying to be Uncharted a little but lets be honest Uncharted started out trying to be Tomb Raider. 8 seems fair to me.

A lot of people enjoy a lot of things.

However this is about a supposedly objective review of a game that had many shortcomings yet the reviewer was careful enough to "forget" writing about any of them and generously reward the game with an 8.As an Uncharted clone or a new IP it may have been a shallow but fun game but as a game that dares to have Tomb Raider on its title it was abysmally bad.

And no Uncharted didn't start trying to be Tomb Raider unless the only TR game you have played was TRLegend.

And as i said the Tomb Raider 2013 review was just the cherry on top for me regarding the credibility of Edge.In recent years they have wrote many bad reviews that failed to criticize the games objectively.

Top Bottom