• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE 275 : Batman AK Cover Story, Top10 2014, Reviews:FC4,DAI,ACU,ACR,Smash,Toad...

another top 10 list for people that obviously have different taste in games than me

(though I think bayo 2 I may like when I get my Wii U)

Prine

Banned
Ground Zeros isn't worthy to be in the top 10, thought it was utterly forgettable. Had more fun the MGS2 demo upon its release.

Astral Dog

Thats a great cover.

Good for Bayonetta,(and Dark Souls) you can notice they are fans of the genre,specially considering this is the last we are going to see of her.

e2750fq3y.png

Is this supposed to be Batman?

Bebpo

Banned
I'll never understand why EDGE has such a hard-on for the LBP series. Happy to see Bayonetta get #1, though.

Because it's great, filled with charming single player campaigns and a toolset that's incredibly fun and easy to use while being very supported by an amazing community.

The whole hardcore hate for the series just because "floaty" jumps is and has always been overblown.

The 'next month' image is a grid, with numbers 1 to 12 down the left margin and letters A to I across the top. l'm thinking maybe Elite Dangerous.

atr0cious

R5WepB.gif

Uh, OK. Big MGS fan, but I can't get behind this at all.

Besides the controversy over the size of content, was there really anything wrong with the game? I remember it playing like my dream Metal Gear, besides some corner peaking issues that is. It was certainly my AAA 3rd party game of the year, with PES15 as the runner up no less.

i dont understand the fc4 scores..its a well made game..its fun..i finished this week..but man its just fc3 with another scenario..and some of the new things ( the bad guy) are even worse

Hugstable

Banned
Far Cry 4 was amazing, and well deserving of such a score. Got the platinum on the game and I enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Edge is easily the best print magazine out there. Too bad you really can't get it in the US for less than $10 an issue.

Also, crazy top 10 list. LBP3 must be really different after the first few hours, because of what I played, it was utterly forgettable compared to LBP2.

Bebpo

Banned
i dont understand the fc4 scores..its a well made game..its fun..i finished this week..but man its just fc3 with another scenario..and some of the new things ( the bad guy) are even worse

I've seen this sentiment a lot. I think a lot of it depends on if you're reviewing a game for what it is, versus what it's done to improve off the last one. It's possible the Edge reviewer who reviewed FC4 never played FC3 so it's an entirely new fresh experience.

Vol5

Got to agree with the Far Cry 4 score, really loving it, moreso that DA which i sold after 30 mins 8(

Dafuq? You couldn't have even got to the hinterlands after 30 mins. You should have given it more time.

I think it improves on far cry 3 on almost all fronts so if you liked 3, you're probably going to like 4.

Putty

Dafuq? You couldn't have even got to the hinterlands after 30 mins. You should have given it more time.

I just didn't like the gameplay mechanics, just couldn't connect. Wasn't impressed visually either I'm afraid...it was more like an hour truth be told.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
A 5 for Unity? I wonder if that's mainly attributed to the technical issues, because Unity's the best AC in years.

People have been complaining about the game's issues since like day 1, giving it a good to great score feels like it would be dishonest.

Grief.exe

Top10

10. Little Big Planet 3
9. This War of Mine
8. Far Cry 4
7. Ultra SFIV
6. MGS V: Ground Zeroes
5. Nidhogg
4. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
3. Mario Kart 8
2. Dark Souls II
1. Bayonetta 2

This is actually a very respectable top ten. No Dragon Age, Destiny, or Assassin's Creed in sight. This isn't a GOTY list dictated by marketing budget like many other publications.

Yaster

I'll never understand why EDGE has such a hard-on for the LBP series. Happy to see Bayonetta get #1, though.

Edge has always had a boner for both of these franchises. LBP 1, 2 and Bayonetta 1 all got the coveted 10/10 from them. An accolade that is supposedly really hard to get.

LBP 3 got 9/10 from them and they liked it enough to put it in their top 10 games of the year even though they didn't seem to like it as much as previous entries.

Putty

Well first of all did you look at trailers or anything? Nit being rude but 30 minutes... like you probably didn't even finish the tutorial to the game.

I did the first mission/tutorial. Hey, forget about it. I didn't like it so not much else to say really.

Top Bottom