• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Issue 192 (September)

Haunted

Yeah, that's one bad cover. :/

Wait, who the fuck cares? THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT SHENMUE III!

CHOO-CHOO

HypeTrain.jpg

Monkaii

16 pages full of "the new xbox experience". Makes me wish I could buy Edge here ;(
Wondering if there are new features introduced.

herod

that cover is totally disgusting, possibly the worst cover I've ever seen on an Edge magazine.

and yet, it's really just a fairly neutral representation of what microsoft are doing with avatars.

therefore, avatars are totally disgusting.

linsivvi

goomba said:
Ouch, whats the shortcomings of this game?. Its been advertised to hell here in London.

I will venture a guess and say shit music selection. Not to mention the American centric music. Not that the previous GH games aren't American centric, but this one is even more so.

CTLance

So Blast Works is only marginally above average? Boo. I thought the collection of unlockable games, the very idea and implementation of the editor and online sharing would push this a bit higher. Can we get a few hints why it didn't score better?

And yeah, I can't say I dig the cover.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
- Braid [360, PC] 9
- Bionic Commando Rearmed [360, PS3] 8
Yes!

- Guitar Hero : On Tour [DS] 4
Buh?

What did they say about GH:OT? I mean, it's not perfect by any stretch but it's a pretty damn good miniaturized version of the console versions I thought. Don't tell me they complained about hand cramps or something.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
akachan ningen said:
Any new details on LBP that weren't covered at E3?

This please. If anyone has the mag and can provide a cliff notes of the pertinent details it'd be much appreciated!

Dabanton

Fady K said:
I dont think highly of Microsoft's avatars at all, but the Miis arent much better either. Theyre all simple looking.

And that is the appeal of them.

You can create a pretty good likeness of yourself quite quickly. My GF invited a work colleague round for dinner with his wife at the weekend. And the conversation got onto the Wii which they had never played.

So we set it up for them to play. They were fascinated with the Mii's, three hours later after some Wii sports, and i think Nintendo have just got another confirmed sale.

That would be the seventh person who me and the GF have gotten to buy a Wii :lol

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
dabookerman said:
- Hail to the Chimp [360, PS3] 7

I just can't comprehend this score at all. I thought it was one of the worst games I'd ever played.

Good score for Braid. I really can't wait for that game. It's one of the games I'm most excited for this year.

Smokey

I just started buying Edge magazine at Barnes & Noble(with MGS4 on the cover). I JUST bought last months mag with DC Universe on the cover. Can't believe I waited this long to start reading it, the quality of this mag is way above any other US gaming mag.

I want to subscribe, but it cost $100+ to do so :/

I've got the magazine, so if you guys want to know anything I can write some notes.

Braid:

Plays upon conventions of Mario, but closer to Portal
Designed just as well as Portal (!!!)
Each level has a new mechanic: act 3's is brilliant - steps to the right advances time, steps to the left reverses it.
Fails somewhat with it's storytelling - "trite in it's self-conscious obscurity"
Story's themes aren't reflected well in-game until the final level.
One of the finest original titles on Xbox Live Arcade.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Trying to figure out what it says on the top underneath "Notes" and all I can come up with is "Should you Open" written in reverse.

There's an interview with Don Mattrick. There's a wonderful picture of him with his hands on his hips with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

"A recent study showed that 18-26 year olds are spending 75 hours a week with our box".

:eek:

speedpop said:
Trying to figure out what it says on the top underneath "Notes" and all I can come up with is "Should you Open" written in reverse.

You're probably seeing "shortlist now open" from an advert on the reverse of the page.

Top Bottom