• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online gameplay leaked

Vexxan

Boy am I not even the slightest interested in this game. They should just make a proper multiplayer component in Skyrim and I'd be happy.

Looks nothing like an Elder Scrolls game. Maybe they come to their senses and cancel this.. thing.

Good that this is not developed by the actual Elder Scrolls team.

They kept it secret for too long and dumped way too much money into the fucking thing at this point. It wont get the mercy killing.

And fucking lol @ those youtube comments.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They kept it secret for too long and dumped way too much money into the fucking thing at this point. It wont get the mercy killing.

And fucking lol @ those youtube comments.
They should have followed the Cerny Method and killed it off before they spend all that money on this.

Arzehn

I'll wait for a real reveal before I place judgement. Who knows maybe it will have a cool cinematic storyline that isn't yet implemented.

I honestly expected worse; a wow clone that I've already played 10 times. At least the combat and interaction looks somewhat unique (in the mmo space) even though janky. The game gives me a old school EQ vibe so far, although it might just be the unfinished font, lol.

SparkTR

They should have followed the Cerny Method and killed it off before they spend all that money on this.

The game started development in 2007, unless one of their staff members was Nostradamus there's no way that could have happened.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i think you guys are judging it way too harshly. The guy playing fucks about for most of the video.. fiddling with shit, running in circles, autoattacking mudcrabs like a nutcase. When something interesting happens near the end (the quest with the book and the scorpion key) he decides to play around with a bedroll and sleep until the video finishes.

ill wait for better videos to base a judgement off of, thanks.

Is it F2P? The UI for the Social tab takes up like 100% of the screen. Is that really necessary?
I was waiting for the emotes. Bland sums it up nicely.

For some reason (probably the jankiness) this is reminding me of that one Mortal Kombat game (forgot the name, sorry) that had a sort of open world adventure/story mode.

This looks like that. And that was at least 9 years ago.

TheMink

Well, not writing it off until i see footage that was intended to be viewed by the public.

There are reasons they dont release early footage of games.

Hrothgar

Those metal pipes at the end look horribly tacked onto the walls. My main problem with the current look is that everything looks like that, objects should really transition more fluidly.

It's a bit sad that it only looks slightly better than Age of Conan 6 years later.

Sethos

Banned
Well, not writing it off until i see footage that was intended to be viewed by the public.

There are reasons they dont release early footage of games.

Guy just playing the game: footage that is not intended to be viewed by the public.

No, let's see that tailor made footage with cinematic cuts and loud music that consists of large end-game bosses you won't see for the first 80 hours and some snazzy armour sets you won't see for another 120 hours, another cut, BF3 BZBZBZRRRRBBZR, mount, loud thud, DRAGON, cut, end.

S0N0S

If this is a recent build, I'm amazed it's set to release this year. I assumed it would be much more polished at this point, considering its scale, total time in development, and previously released screenshots.

Axspell

Neo Member
How? Why?

Take the most boring and bland RPG franchise and turn it into the most boring and bland genre....
What did people expect?

Serious question?

Oh I don't know, maybe because I don't think it's the most boring and bland RPG franchise out there?

No, because its not done yet.

Nothing is going to see massive improvements. Texture might be tweaked and lighting will most likely change. Animations and missions will be more fleshed out but its still going to remain generic.

Its 6 years worth of development at this point. They can't magically make it a different game in the next few months

Nah, only half serious. I simply can't stand Oblivion and Skyrim...

After trying and failing to like them both, I agree. They are very bland universes :(

Übermatik;53868954 said:
Wow, that looks awful... What have they done to the graphics? Unless this guy is playing on low settings... wow.

Let's get real, here....did people expect to build an MMO on Skyrim's engine?

Top Bottom