• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online gameplay leaked

I see that running backwards while spamming attack works as well in TESO as it does in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Seriously, TES titles are known for their shitty broken gameplay and combat systems, how was it ever a good idea to try and make an MMO out of it? Normally for the offline TES titles you just wait for people to release mods to fix everything that's broken, but that can't happen with an MMO.

ZanDatsu

The sad thing is that it will still probably end up being more successful than it deserves simply because of the name. That's not to say it will ultimately be successful, just more so than if it wasn't called Elder Scrolls.

Slygmous

Morrowind's dodgy missmissmiss combat probably would've worked in an MMO. This is a missed opportunity.
Will people buy an Elder Scrolls MMO? Or do they know the games by the subtitles better?

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't see any XP bars or XP popups when killing an enemy anywhere in the video, how does leveling work?

All the models seem extremely dated, and textures quite low-res. This is pretty worrying.

Druz

Looks awful. Doesn't matter if the code is unfinished, it's rotten to the core. Developers still latching on to Everquest/WoW mechanics. Killed the possibility of interesting MMOs.

Vashetti

Banned
Looks worse than Skyrim, the hell?

Is it even the same engine?

Err?

It's an MMO.

Traditionally they look worse than most games because they have to accomodate for a massive range of user computer systems.

Not everyone has a high-end machine and so the game has to encompass lower-end machines too.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Err?

It's an MMO.

Traditionally they look worse than most games because they have to accomodate for a massive range of user computer systems.

Not everyone has a high-end machine and so the game has to encompass lower-end machines too.

it has to do more with 123232434 players on screen at the same time than with lower end machines.

Majanew

Banned
Can't believe no one with the power at Zenimax were smart enough to pull the plug on this a long time ago. Cancel this turd and save the money that will be wasted on marketing this filth.

Shamdeo

Something about the art direction or the way this game looks is really confusing and unpalatable.

It feels like the player character and environments are from different games, as if one is modded in.

The user interface looks like something out of the early '00s aesthetically.

Kapoios

Neo Member
So if the skyrim UI was terrible "because of consoles", why does this, a PC exclusive, use an almost identical one?

As for the rest of the game it looks bland as hell. Generic "go to the marked location kill/interact with x" quests, yawn. The graphics look 5 years old. The combat looks boring too, as has always been in TES games. If it doesn't have the exploration and freedom aspect of the single player games, why would anyone play this?

Won

Well, that video is exactly what one would expect after all what was written about the game so far. I still can only feel complete apathy torwards it.

PnCIa

Looks like a lot of other MMOs, i dont see the problem honestly. Graphics are alright for a game like this.

Aaron

Looks like a lot of other MMOs, i dont see the problem honestly. Graphics are alright for a game like this.
Except it doesn't. Name one MMO still in production that looks this bad. Games like Neverwinter and Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn look a whole generation better than this mess.

twinfin

Neo Member
i think you guys are judging it way too harshly. The guy playing fucks about for most of the video.. fiddling with shit, running in circles, autoattacking mudcrabs like a nutcase. When something interesting happens near the end (the quest with the book and the scorpion key) he decides to play around with a bedroll and sleep until the video finishes.

ill wait for better videos to base a judgement off of, thanks.

I agree. It's leaked footage of the starter area in the first closed beta event... Do the most basic tenets of objective gaming discussion get thrown out the window here? Is the vendetta that strong?

I guess Skyrim is a hell of a drug...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i await the bullshot screens from PR and Gaf goes crazy

Top Bottom