• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elizabeth Warren silenced for reading Coretta King's 1986 letter admonishing Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

That's actually a very moderate stance. Calling someone a racist makes you a radical in their minds.

It's not moderate to straight up silence someone. It means you know Sessions has a bad history with this and you don't want this getting out.

A moderate stance would be letting Warren speak, but say you disagree with what she said.

Abelard

Everything I needed to know about McCain, I learned in 1989

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

People need to stop thinking McCain will save the day, McCain is not going to do anything. He's not a "maverick" or whatever he calls himself, he is GOP rank and file. The only "moderate conservatives" in America are not even in the Republican party, any and all moderate conservatives are represented by the blue dog faction in the Democratic party, people like Biden and Kaine.

She wouldn't

/RonHoward
fnf.png

If yall think there are any moderates in the GOP. Fuck this party. They are scum.

The fact that the right side of politics has transformed being called a racist into an "insult" is so fucking infuriating. such a ridiculous way to sidestep ever having to talk about or even improve systemic racism if you just transform any bit of discourse on the subject into being an attack on "your side".

Gattsu25

Banned
Pretty sure I've heard "MLK WAS A REPUBLICAN!!!111" about 200 million times whenever he's summoned from the grave to beat down black folks.
That was before the Republicans heel turn.

Let's see what MLK himself said about them:

Instead of distancing themselves away from Goldwater they embraced him

Kusagari

On Morning Joe today (lol morning Joe iknowrite) they were saying that they thought McConnell chose to elevate warren in this way thinking it would benefit republicans if she became the face of the democratic parties resistance to the GOP and possibly a 2020 nominee.

I don't think Warren is a strong candidate at all for 2020, so I could see this actually working.

Ryuuga

Banned
Sorry if posted, but people are throwing this around as to quell the accusations from CSK. As always don't read the comments. Not once did she thank anyone, nor does it take away from the actions partaken before being brought into power.

If yall think there are any moderates in the GOP. Fuck this party. They are scum.

Oh fuck off McCain, stop pretending like calling a white person a "racist" is some kind of uncalled-for racial slur.

I don't want to hear any more of this guy's hypocrite bullshit about "decency" when decrying anything Trump does, then turning around and saying nothing like with the Muslim ban, or outright saying bullshit like this. He's no "maverick", he's just another crotchety old GOP coot towing the racist (yes, McCain, racist. OOooo scary word!) party line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom