• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elizabeth Warren silenced for reading Coretta King's 1986 letter admonishing Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless she persisted"

That idiot McConnell just gave Warren a new and powerful slogan free of charge.
#ShePersisted trending on Twitter

He just gave the Women's March and future protests one hell of a message for them to use

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone think that the theory for why McConnell did this was to intentionally elevate Warren, because they view her as an easily beatable potential 2020 Presidential nominee, holds merit?

People really love to see fourth dimensional chess in everything.

It could be that he is just a really racist and sexist asshole.

OmniOne

I'm not saying you specifically, I'm just saying anytime I see a post/blog/suggestion that this is some master plan and not exactly what it appears to be

Then I apologize for my misunderstanding. Sometimes its hard to tell of the poster is alleging I'm subscribing to the idea versus saying the idea is dumb in general.

Something seems fishy. Sanders just tweeted he was allowed to read this letter, but Warren could not. Yeah, Mitch is just woman hating now.

Multiple male senators were allowed to read the letter. Obviously Mitch won't repeat his action because it would make this even more of a disaster, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lashed out at Warren the way he did specifically because of her gender.

Yeah, you can only hope. Because she specifically said she does not support him in the documented evidence that you attempted to hide.

Fucking shit I cannot take this buffoonery.

uMmtEOQ.png

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It's such a powerful distillation of the fight for women's rights, too.
She was warned and didn't mind her place. Sounds an awful lot like tactic of police brutality, domestic violence etc excusing as well as shutting down women who speak up.

Edit:
Something seems fishy. Sanders just tweeted he was allowed to read this letter, but Warren could not. Yeah, Mitch is just woman hating now.
Its "possible" he saw the public visibility stopping her made, decided not to stop anyone else, but the gender disparity is a bad look. ( and I still doubt he would have been so bold if a male colleague read it first )

rjinaz

I can only hope that if Abraham Lincoln was alive he'd support our new initiative for slavery.

I mean what the fuck was that garbage he just said? Of course she wouldn't support him, she already said as much and it would go against everything she said and did.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It's my hope that if Andrew Jackson were alive today he'd endorse protecting the Standing Rock site.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Does this have a hash tag yet? I propose:

#SeanSpicerHistoricalTakes
I can only hope, that if Jesus were still with us, he would support the nomination of beelzebub as attorney general.

#SeanSpicerHistoricalTakes
It's my hope, if Al Gore were still alive, he would support our initiative to bring back coal and crush renewable energy investment.

Boke1879

Ashley Killough
@KilloughCNN
McCain tells reporters he thought it was appropriate to cut off Warren. "I’m not sure you should read a letter that calls someone a racist."

If yall think there are any moderates in the GOP. Fuck this party. They are scum.

Fox Mulder

Republicans keep proving they are touchy, power abusing trash on a daily basis.

Both sides are the same.

/s

I hope fresh faces for the party are taking notes. The GOP is a fucking joke whether they're in full obstruction mode or in complete power like now.

Us vs them. Can't work with them or even expect any respect and decency. A shitty racist was too bad for a lower position in the 80s under Reagan, but will glide in today as AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom