• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

duckroll

Anteater said:
hrrm if this is straight emulation, wouldn't it mean that it would be possible that they could release a patch (or some sort of launcher) that allows people with the original copy to play it on their ps3?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Noshino

Gravijah said:
i don't see 10 happening, that's what some ps1 titles cost.

I don't see 15 happening either.

More than likely it will be in the $20 to $30 range

(with extra discounts for PSN+)

yencid

the whole door thing:

Firmware 4.0
Redesigned store, UI, System
PS2 games on store
Those awesome deals and stuff.

wishful thinking i know.

Anteater

duckroll said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh I meant to ask if it's possible technically, not whether Sony would do that for us :lol

duckroll

Noshino said:

No way. Maybe you should go check how much they are charging for stuff like God of War Collection and most PSP games on PSN.

Ellis Kim

Banned
yencid said:
the whole door thing:

Firmware 4.0
Redesigned store, UI, System
PS2 games on store
Those awesome deals and stuff.

wishful thinking i know.
:I

:x

:O

:D

D:

I want this to happen, but damn you for typing out your wishful thoughts.

Gravijah

Noshino said:

anything above 20 dollars would be pricing it to high. i mean, sotc/ico is two games for 40 dollars. HD remakes, at that.

duckroll

Anteater said:
oh I meant to ask if it's possible technically, not whether Sony would do that for us :lol

I'm sorry but I'm still too busy laughing and crying at the same time, because I'm thinking of the built-in PS1 emulator on the PSP. :lol

fernoca

Anteater said:
Well, I think technically it is possible (again, based on the Xbox 360 and how the games that received digital releases, were the only ones that they created emulators to run as backward compatible -discs-); but...of course they won't.

Duffyside

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah, remove BC and then sell the games that we already own.

Cheers. Cunts.
Foliorum wrote this 4 years ago. He's been sitting on it, waiting for this moment. Don't nobody take it away from him.

spats

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah, remove BC and then sell the games that we already own.

Cheers. Cunts.

You sound furious. Planning to go kick some babies when you're done with this thread?

Gravijah

here's something i'm curious about: are they ever going to permanently slash prices on ps1 games in the future? that would in turn give them more wiggle room for ps2 games, which would in turn give wiggle room for ps3 games, etc.

Wow just wow, looks like god power is keeping sony's pimp hand strong. definately gonna pick up GOD HAND, Odin sphere, and Grimmoriemore when they hit. hopefully GOD HAND sales will make capcom consider contracting out to mikami's studio to give us the sequel to godhand we deserve. GOD HAND 2: GOD HARDER.

Hanmik

bishoptl said:
What the hell...I've got a pristine copy of Ring of Red sitting right here. That was gonna pay for my kids' collective college funds!

*shakes fist*

sorry but this made me piss my pants..

duckroll

Gravijah said:
here's something i'm curious about: are they ever going to permanently slash prices on ps1 games in the future? that would in turn give them more wiggle room for ps2 games, which would in turn give wiggle room for ps3 games, etc.

Slash prices on what? Is $4.99 really too much?

Gravijah

duckroll said:
Slash prices on what? Is $4.99 really too much?

i'm thinking more in the future. say we're in the ps4 days, and you've got ps1, ps2, ps3 and ps4 titles up there. are we just going to keep increasing the prices or what?

Is Godhand only going to work on backwards compatible PS3s? If not, then WHAT THE FUCK, SONY. How is this possible?!

Edit: It's only a matter of time before they're a patch. I cannot fucking wait!

Cels

Wow, I guess we wait until Grace Chen pushes that button on Tuesday to see if this pans out. Jizz my pants if it does.

fernoca

Verboten said:
Is Godhand only going to work on backwards compatible PS3s? If not, then WHAT THE FUCK, SONY. How is this possible?!

Edit: It's only a matter of time before they're a patch. I cannot fucking wait!
???
Digital releases = any PS3 owner can download and play them (of course, after paying for them :p)

duckroll

Gravijah said:
i'm thinking more in the future. say we're in the ps4 days, and you've got ps1, ps2, ps3 and ps4 titles up there. are we just going to keep increasing the prices or what?

Well, currently...

PS1 = $4.99 to $9.99
PS2 = $14.99 to $19.99 (assumed)
PS3 = $29.99 to $59.99

In future we can expect new PS4 games to cost the same as new PS3 games now - $59.99. That still allows them to price PS3 re-releases for $29.99 or even $24.99. There's still a long way to go between ~30 bucks pricing hits ~60 bucks pricing.

So maybe you're worried about the PS7 or PS8? Lol.

duckroll

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Almost all of the Square games are 10.

If Square Enix wants to overcharge for their games, and we don't want to buy it, that becomes Square Enix's problem. Sony's standard recommended pricing remains relatively fair, especially for a purchase that allows you to use the game on both PSP and PS3. I don't think Sony really has that much of a say to tell a publisher to lower the price of their game, especially if they're perceived as "premium" titles. If the majority of consumers refuse to buy it at a high price, the publisher will have to lower it.

klee123

Gravijah said:

Considering how much the competition charges for SNES and 64 roms, I really don't think Sony is really concerned tbh.

NBtoaster

Seem like weird game choices. Why no Sony developed or at least published PS2 titles?

I betting they will be quick PS3 ports and not actual BC.

klee123

NBtoaster said:
Seem like weird game choices. Why no Sony developed or at least published PS2 titles?

They are getting special HD treatments.

I expect a lot of niche PS2 titles getting quick and dirty ports at this stage. However, it wouldn't kill them to make them HD right?

NBtoaster said:

Sony developed games are probably being held back for HD rereleases.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dark Souls, God Hand and Odin Sphere on my Ps3 this tuesday?

I think I died and I went to gaming heaven. (Fuck yeah)

duckroll said:
If Square Enix wants to overcharge for their games, and we don't want to buy it, that becomes Square Enix's problem. Sony's standard recommended pricing remains relatively fair, especially for a purchase that allows you to use the game on both PSP and PS3. I don't think Sony really has that much of a say to tell a publisher to lower the price of their game, especially if they're perceived as "premium" titles. If the majority of consumers refuse to buy it at a high price, the publisher will have to lower it.

We're pretty much on the same side, it's cool.

Orcastar

Big news and I'd be pretty excited if I believed for a second that any of those games were coming to Europe this week...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
klee123 said:
They are getting special HD treatments.

I expect a lot of niche PS2 titles getting quick and dirty ports at this stage. However, it wouldn't kill them to make them HD right?

Especially because on medium sized LCD's they look really nasty.

I they are able to run on Vita though... the situation might be a lot better ;). Resolution is much closer and the screen has a quite high pixel density.

If this leads to these being released, consider me happy clam man

250px-GitarooMan.jpg

box-l.jpg

duckroll

General Shank-a-snatch said:
We're pretty much on the same side, it's cool.

What disgusts me most about S-E's "premium" PS1 releases on PSN is that some of them were really shitty ports on the PS1 to begin with, and they're charging 1200yen for them. It's really puzzling.

Top Bottom