• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2 is coming to Vita later this year

But that audience is like...*calculating*...10 people! I at least hope they fix some of the problems in the game, but it makes little sense to me.
The problems aren't possible to fix unless they totally rebuild the game from the ground up, and Junction Point is now defunct. I wonder who's in charge of the port.

I was thinking about this not long ago, but the Vita definitely needs to expand it's portfolio to appeal to a wider audience, including kids. I am not saying Epic Mickey is the game to make that happen, but getting that, Tearaway, more of the Lego games, hopefully Infinity, and more could definitely help. Actually hoping Tearaway gets a proper push and Bundle for its release, most of the bundles have all been M rated games so far.

It definitely does, given that all indications are that the remaining Western audience for dedicated handhelds skews very young. But Sony should probably have thought of that before they made their Western strategy for Vita revolve around attempting to win back the gamers who bought Liberty City Stories and Chains of Olympus years ago.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The problems aren't possible to fix unless they totally rebuild the game from the ground up, and Junction Point is now defunct. I wonder who's in charge of the port.

Maybe the same studio who did the Wii U port? In the case, give them more time. EM2 on Wii U released with framerate (big) problems due to restricted development time for be at launch. This shouldn't have the same problem.

It definitely does, given that all indications are that the remaining Western audience for dedicated handhelds skews very young. But Sony should probably have thought of that before they made their Western strategy for Vita revolve around attempting to win back the gamers who bought Liberty City Stories and Chains of Olympus years ago.

They missed a golden opportunity by not putting out a LBP bundle.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah I feel the current consoles are cheap enough that the teenager audience that bought the PSP can afford to go buy them and get a bunch of great old (~6-12+ months) games for $20, so there's not much desire among that set now.

disco

I'm going to buy it. It's a late port of a poor game and yet, I know I'm going to buy it. What an odd feeling.

I guess you're buying it for the same reasons I bought Steel Diver. Your reply made me smile, you have quite the presence among Vita threads.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, what's 0 sales divided by 0 interest equal?

serplux

Does it really matter to differentiate between a bad game and another bad game?

I haven't tried the console versions, but the 3DS at least had some potential if not for some god-awful running speed and touch screen mechanics that were outdated in 2005. And the level design was meh. But at least the sprites looked good!

sn00zer

Jensen_augs_noshades.jpg

Why? Because a Vita port is rather cheap to make when you already have a PS3 version running. And so they could easily earn a bit more money with a game that has been rather disappointing in sales.

So, what's 0 sales divided by 0 interest equal?

Non-sequitur. You cannot divide by 0.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What was worse about EM2 compared to EM1? I heard about the lag issues, but if thats fixed?

Cornbread78

Why? Because a Vita port is rather cheap to make when you already have a PS3 version running. And so they could easily earn a bit more money with a game that has been rather disappointing in sales.

I'm OK with this practice. I actually encourage this practice, since I play my VITA more than my PS3 at this point.

Foshy

Is Sony personally porting this? Junction Point closed and I see an SCE logo on the lower right of the cover.

But why? Of all the games that could've been ported, why this one?

Hanmik

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...ey-2-the-power-of-two-coming-soon-to-ps-vita/

We’re really excited to announce that the magical Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is coming to PS Vita later this year!

Join the legendary Mickey Mouse on a fun-filled quest to bring a splash of colour back to Wasteland – a weird and wonderful world of forgotten Disney toons – in this sequel. Exploring alone, or alongside the loveable Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in a co-op adventure, Mickey must use his enchanted paintbrush to find new paths, solve puzzles and battle evil mechanical monsters.

Naturally, we’re making the experience even more epic using the awesome controls of the PS Vita, including front touch for greater painting accuracy and tilt controls for racing mode. Not only that, but there’s also a two-player wi-fi co-op mode exclusive to the PS Vita, so you can unleash the power of two on the go anywhere, anytime.

Stay tuned for more updates, including release date and pre-order details.

Another great lineup to the irresistible Vita lineup for the year.

Hoping this is an indication of Disney Infinity coming to the Vita.

marrec

Banned

Naturally, we’re making the experience even more epic using the awesome controls of the PS Vita, including front touch for greater painting accuracy and tilt controls for racing mode. Not only that, but there’s also a two-player wi-fi co-op mode exclusive to the PS Vita, so you can unleash the power of two on the go anywhere, anytime.

Well at least they're taking advantage of the platform.

Never quite understood why you can't divide 0 by 0. If you have nothing and give nobody anything, you still have nothing, right? It should be zero.

You can't divide anything by 0. And the reason why you can't is because there is no number x that multiplicated by 0 is x. Therefore it is not defined.

Top Bottom