• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

Pumpkins

Hellsing321 said:
th_cableboy.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Best possible gif response.

Truant said:
If this is a Wii exclusive title I will be severely disappointed.

Don't say such things! Remember, this is a thread for discussing this game that we know nothing about LOLing and posting funny pictures about bans, because that is much better than people talking about target platforms. Much better.

jrricky said:
Guys, c'mon. This posting without reading OP definitely deserves a permaban now...:lol

I thought backseat modding had similar penalties?

Roto13

Oh, I can't WAIT for the disappointment* next month! That's where the real epicness will come from.

*disappointment about the fact that it's not going to be anywhere near as dark as people are assuming from the concept art

Truant said:
If this is a Wii exclusive title I will be severely disappointed.
queen_another.jpg

On a happier note, until people started talking about the character in conjunction with this game I actually never knew much about Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. You learn something new every day.

hamchan

You get banned for being disappointed if a game is Wii exclusive? Did not know this.
What happens if a Wii fan is disappointed about 360/PS3 exclusives?

laserbeam

Banned
hamchan said:
You get banned for being disappointed if a game is Wii exclusive? Did not know this.

Thread was made with explicit rules to avoid that stuff or be banned :/

hamchan said:

Bringing console wars crap into game-specific threads is generally not looked upon kindly by the mods... though it's punished more harshly in some threads than others.

hamchan said:
Uh, yeah, they get banned. It's been a bannable offence to whine about exclusivity here for like... two years or so.

Man, no wonder so many of you guys get banned, you don't even know the rules.

DuckRacer

AltogetherAndrews said:
Don't say such things! Remember, this is a thread for discussing this game that we know nothing about LOLing and posting funny pictures about bans, because that is much better than people talking about target platforms. Much better.

I thought backseat modding had similar penalties?
At least that Donald Duck comic was funny.

Truant

I don't have a Wii, nothing harmful about what I said.

Anyway, I read the OP, didn't spot that comment until later. I've been quoted to death, I don't really see the point of editing my original post.

jett

D-Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Uh, yeah, they get banned. It's been a bannable offence to whine about exclusivity here for like... two years or so.

No it's not.

But uh yeah people, please let's move on and continue the non-existent discussion about a game we have no information about.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I just hope this comes out on a device that can play video games and isn't some massive troll by Warren Specter on the entirety of the game industry.

That is, unless it's REALLY a Pen and Paper tabletop RPG! oooooo, i would SO play that. what system would it use i wonder? d20? dice pool? A WHOLE NEW RANDOM NUMBER FORMAT?!

i can't wait.
SOawesomesmall.png

HUELEN10

Going back on topic, has any new concept art been found since our initial digging and discoveries? Serious question here people. I would love to see new art!

jett said:
No it's not, it's just some made up rule for this thread specifically.

But uh yeah people, please let's move on and continue the non-existent discussion about a game we have no information about.
Oh, I guess I imagined all those people that got banned for begging for ports of Crush and FF:TAY and uh, well, I'm not going to list them all because I'd be here all day.

If people have such a serious problem with GAF the door's that way. Lots of other places on the internet to talk about trivial shit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
No it's not, it's just some made up rule for this thread specifically.

this isn't a unique case.

there were similar rules in FFXIII threads prior back when it was an exclusive. GTAIV threads had console war bullshit banned.

and so on.

Segata Sanshiro said:
If people have such a serious problem with GAF the door's that way. Lots of other places on the internet to talk about trivial shit.
couldn't have said it better myself

pulga

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Going back on topic, has any new concept art been found since our initial digging and discoveries? Serious question here people. I would love to see new art!

So would Mr. Lube and I.

HUELEN10

Nose Master said:
Something tells me this won't see the light of day, this is a bit too dark. If it does though? All over my face.
What other game could the cover in the preview be for? I guess a KH game is a possibility, but I deem that hugely unlikely. This just makes a lot more sense, to me at least.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hamchan said:
edit: nvm saw you did

Truant

Nose Master said:
Something tells me this won't see the light of day, this is a bit too dark. If it does though? All over my face.

I wonder if Mickey is even a part of normal kids lives anymore. Haven't seen a new TV-show or film with him in ages, at least not something that has garnered public attention. Not much of a problem, but a dark take on Mickey will not have the same effect if all you relate him to is the Disney logo and not much else.

MisterHero

The game still sounds interesting but there's still no new info. I agree the "no console preferences BS" rule would keep the thread clean, but it made me think of an interesting topic that discussing could be considered bad under that rule. Oh well.

GDGF said:
The SMB movie was pretty much Epic Mario :lol
:lol :D

pulga

Banned
Truant said:
I wonder if Mickey is even a part of normal kids lives anymore. Haven't seen a new TV-show or film with him in ages, at least not something that has garnered public attention. Not much of a problem, but a dark take on Mickey will not have the same effect if all you relate him to is the Disney logo and not much else.

I have to agree, Mickey has lost a lot of ground to such genre luminaries like Dora the Explorer and Hannah fucking Montana.

Segata Sanshiro said:

Man, no wonder so many of you guys get banned, you don't even know the rules.
I think it's hilarious!

I'm just hoping to get another kick ass platformer this gen.

jett

D-Member
Truant said:

Lots of toddler-oriented shows on the Disney Channel with Mickey and friends.

Yeah, Mickey is still big. My kid would take Spongebob or Superwhy over any Disney character, but that's mostly because I've blocked the Disney channels. After seeing Winnie the Pooh dress up as a super-hero and go super-sleuthing with his super-friends and some girl, that was quite enough.

Truant

Alright, that's cool. I don't have any channels on my TV, I just feel that Mickey was a much larger part of pop culture - the general conciousness, if you will - before.

jett said:
Lots of toddler-oriented shows on the Disney Channel with Mickey and friends.
But the sad thing is Mickey has to compete with Spongebob, and any other random Anthropomorphic animal that happens to be on TV at the time.

Top Bottom