• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

pulga

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Donald better straight up murder Goofy in this game, just like he did in the past.

jv55dl.jpg

Quoted for awesomeness :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Pumpkins said:
What the heck is this game going to be about?
It takes place in the year 3000 on a planet where the movie Kramer Vs. Kramer is banned, and Mickey Mouse is a callow divorce lawyer that wants to see the movie, so he goes on this big intergalactic adventure to find a copy.

cuyahoga said:
It takes place in the year 3000 on a planet where the movie Kramer Vs. Kramer is banned, and Mickey Mouse is a callow divorce lawyer that wants to see the movie, so he goes on this big intergalactic adventure to find a copy.
Epic

Why did people think the game was canned, again? There was never any evidence that I recall, other than the project going for a long time with no official announcement.

HUELEN10

kenta said:
That's it, I'm subscribing to GameInformer
It's actually quite handy, if you like to take advantage of the sometimes sweet used deals at GameStop that is. Mine always ends up paying for itself, and then some, thankfully!

Father_Brain said:
Why did people think the game was canned, again? There was never any evidence that I recall, other than the project going for a long time with no official announcement.

As with any game, if we don't hear about it for 2 months straight, we automatically assume it's been canned.

laserbeam

Banned
Father_Brain said:

Well usually when a leak of concept art etc of the magnitude that occured happens its a dead project.

Seems just a rare case where it wasn't and alot more info was found on the project just banned from this thread

GDGF

Soothsayer
laserbeam said:
Well usually when a leak of concept art etc of the magnitude that occured happens its a dead project.

Seems just a rare case where it wasn't and alot more info was found on the project just banned from this thread

And that's what gives me some hope that this game will pretty much stick to the style we've seen in the concept art. I truly believe that the art was leaked in order go gauge response and build early hype.

Kusagari

Cat in the Hat said:
I think Oswald is the main villain.

Yeah, I agree somewhat. I think you either play as Oswald trying to get revenge on Mickey or play as Mickey trying to survive the obstacles Oswalds throwing at you. I'm sure it's one of the two.

Kusagari said:
Yeah, I agree somewhat. I think you either play as Oswald trying to get revenge on Mickey or play as Mickey trying to survive the obstacles Oswalds throwing at you. I'm sure it's one of the two.
I'm with you, at least I hope it's one of these things.

celebi23

Damn, the concept art looks sweet. I'm just glad that it's actually coming out at some point. This game looks pretty damn unique :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
god, the amount of dense morons who can't read an OP never fails to amaze/horrify me

I just hope that the game is tastefully morose like an old gloomy Disney cartoon. The bulk of the concept art looks like it's going that direction, with the exception of the one artist's work that looks like high school notebook doodles. Decrepit animatronics = good, mutant robots = bad.

Teknoman

I'd say Oswald would have good reason to be the main bad guy. Everyone knows about Mickey, but most people (including myself) had no idea about Oswald.

HUELEN10

Teknoman said:
I'd say Oswald would have good reason to be the main bad guy. Everyone knows about Mickey, but most people (including myself) had no idea about Oswald.
If your idea were to happen, imagine how awesome it would be if the 2 put aside their differences and fought against Walt himself! I know it will never happen, but that's the most epic thing I can think of!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Teknoman said:

He was basically stolen from Walt and Walt had to come up with a new character. The stories differ on who exactly came up with Mickey- might have been Walt, might have been Iwerks, the real animator at the time.

laserbeam

Banned
It would be neat to have the villians of the game be the original toons that got reinvented into the toons we all know now.

Perfect reason for the world to be drained of its color etc

ant1532

Banned
so hold on there is an issue of game informer on this but NO information? they just had pictures? what the hell is this.

Top Bottom