• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

So Mickey's pretty much gotta go around "fixing" the world that was destroyed by old angry toons? Sounds interesting.

I really hope they kept the destroyed world as dark as it is in the concept art, will be a nice contrast for when you see it fixed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Love the concept art, but at the end of the day the in game interpretation of it is where it counts. Here's to hoping they can nail it down, because I'm definitely wanting to see more of this title.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I just finished the Walt Disney biography..it will be awesome if the old characters do really play a role.

ggnoobIGN said:
Disney only recently re-aquired Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (they traded Al Michaels to NBC for him) and have been looking for some way to use him. This would make sense to have him in the game.
:lol Holy crap, you weren't kidding.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I really hope the game lives up to the promise of the concept art (ie I really hope Disney doesn't get gun shy and put the developers on a leash at the last minute)

This could be huge. Epic even.

Accident

Wow, i've never been so impressed with any concept art before. Looks awesome.

When are the GI supposed to arrive to subscribers?

GDGF said:
I really hope the game lives up to the promise of the concept art (ie I really hope Disney doesn't get gun shy and put the developers on a leash at the last minute)

This could be huge. Epic even.

how so? I mean, it's interesting, but I fail to see how this is so huge. I mean, I'm excited to see what it is, but it's not like disney has never been completely decontextualized before.

Just seems kinda goth-ish to think this will fuck up anyone's world view or something :lol

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
billy.sea said:
Disney Fallout 3 style Post-Apocalyptic game? I want.
There's no way Disney's letting a Mickey game out on the marketplace with a rating higher than E10+, so no.

cuyahoga said:
There's no way Disney's letting a Mickey game out on the marketplace with a rating higher than E10+, so no.

A post-apocalyptic kind of setting can certainly be done without any graphic violence - see 9, for instance. And I actually wouldn't be shocked if Disney allowed a T rating for this game.

Not that I think the actual game will go as far in that direction as the concept art, mind you.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Fyodor Dostoevsky said:
how so? I mean, it's interesting, but I fail to see how this is so huge. I mean, I'm excited to see what it is, but it's not like disney has never been completely decontextualized before.

Just seems kinda goth-ish to think this will fuck up anyone's world view or something :lol

Well, because Mickey Mouse hasn't really had a big game (as in a solo title) since Castle of Illusion, and this one has a big name behind it (Spector) and undoubtedly a big budget.
And whether or not Disney's gone this route before (and you could count the times they have on one hand, btw) they've never gone it with their marqee player in a solo romp at a time when the industry is getting a huge ammount of focus and newfound respect (more than it's gotten in the past, anyway) meaning a whole hell of a lot of people are going to be paying attention to this so it'll get coverage in all the right places.

All of this ads up to huge. Nothing goth-ish about it :lol

Meesh

The concept art is too wonderfully twisted for Disney, it's crazy, I love it. Gives me a survival-steam punk-down the rabbit hole vibe...must...see.....mooooooaaaar.

HUELEN10

Forkball said:
Say it with me now...
I'd rather not get banned.

I read the OP, I read the warning, and I just want to say that I can't wait to see it! I just hope it has an artsyle that matches at least some of the feeling of the concept art, if you know what I mean. Some of it screams sketchbook style to me, while some of it feels gritty. A game that would use multiple artsyles like this, completely setting-dependant, would kick total ass.

Regardless, it will be epic and I cannot wait to see it! :D

Apparently, a lot of people didn't read the last thread. Let alone the OP. :lol

I'm really glad this is getting revealed soon. Hopefully it's fairly close to completion.

~Kinggi~

Banned
laserbeam said:
Havent seen so many corpses since Dawn of the Dead
lmfao :lol

also, hasnt Spector been working on this thing for a long time now? I remember them talking about a Disney project years ago.

One day people will learn how to read an opening post....
One day...

~Kinggi~ said:
also, hasnt Spector been working on this thing for a long time now? I remember them talking about a Disney project years ago.

I think it was pitched in 2004 or so.

laserbeam

Banned
Fearless. said:
I really hope this is ps360. The concept art looks neat and I would love to see it in HD.

arrivederci

EvilDick34 said:
Wait, so when it says coming this October, do they mean this month since magazines are a month ahead or whatever?

October Issue would start arriving at homes sometime in September I would think unless its the November issue arriving in October

HUELEN10

Fearless. said:
I really hope this is BLANK. The concept art looks neat and I would love to BLANK.
2rxwm4w.jpg

Jesus Christ read the OP people!

Top Bottom