• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

On the GDC 2007 episode of GFW Warren Spector said he was working on his dream game. A game he always wanted t make.

That is why I am hyped for the game.

The concept art for this is AMAZING. I hope the final game lives up to the concept art and this ends up just as crazy and amazing. It would royally suck to see this crazy like nothing else done with the characters concept work and have it end up like something like KH.

When does the issue with this hit?

wow i really hope this is real, the concept art really has me interested. I havent played a mickey mouse game since The magical quest starring mickey mouse

TunaLover

Shadowlink said:
This game is supposed to compete with Mario, right? Anyways, I can't wait to see more of this game next month.

It's kinda like a platformer with Okamish mechanics, you draw paint and so, according Computer and VG

Never heard about it being a Mario Killer though.

Dragmire

I can't believe Disney would allow something like this, if it's as dark as it seems. I mean, I think it could theoretically be good for their IPs (or harmless at least), but it doesn't seem like something a mega-conglomerate like Disney would allow.

AG3NT-X

Banned
I haven't played mickey mouse game in agessss omg man haha. But I'm keeping my eyes on this one hope it comes out for the 360 and PS3 thought please please. I missed watching the cartoon :)

AG3NT-X said:
I haven't played mickey mouse game in agessss omg man haha. But I'm keeping my eyes on this one hope it comes out for the 360 and PS3 thought please please. I missed watching the cartoon :)

lyre said:
Note, until the platform for this is revealed, even a single peep about a platform preference (any of them), sarcastic or not, will net you at least a month ban.
lolol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I cannot wait for this. The concept art is one of the first things in a while to give me the chills. Just seeing the world around so many of these characters from my childhood is so cool. So glad that the game is actually getting made and we'll finally get to see something from it soon.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Dear mother of god the art looks epic. :O
Just the setting and the environment could be really amazing for a Mickey game.

meh.

Twisted post-apo Disney world + Disney characters formula has zero appealing to me

obviously game can still be "Mario killer" (suuure) and so I'll force myself to play fucking Donald Duck

DuckRacer

I'll just copy/paste the CVG article people have been referencing:
We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=220427

Next month's GI needed to arrive, like, yesterday. Hot damn.

AG3NT-X said:

funny_junk.jpg

Zilch

Banned
To be honest I hope the final game isn't as dark as some of the concept art appears to be. I'd love a serious, "cool" Mickey but some of that art borders on the absurd (in a bad way).

Fyodor Dostoevsky said:
but look at all these dark and mature guys:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Yashouzoid/OrganizationXIII.jpg[/MG]

maybe they flipped out and killed all the Disney characters in a fit of repressive rage?[/QUOTE]
So that's what hell looks like.

Maybe it is this game.

Zilch said:
To be honest I hope the final game isn't as dark as some of the concept art appears to be. I'd love a serious, "cool" Mickey but some of that art borders on the absurd (in a bad way).

I totally disagree, it a totally new awesome look on our chilhood memories,mixing steampunk + dark themes + disney it's one of the best combinations I could think, you probably would be able to see a cool Mickey a lot of other times, something so unique and different? I'm not sure....

but look at all these dark and mature guys:

One of them is wearing a pink scythe...a pink scythe.... I don't think I need to say anything else...

Captain N said:
it will probably be some sort of painting game..ala mario paint.
I think is going to be very similar to the Prince Of Persia game that came out last year. And by that I mean in concept, not gameplay. In PoP you had to
bring back "Life" to the world your in, one step at a time.
Basically, bringing the "Magic" back to DisneyLand and make it look the way it use to, one step at a time.

Captain N

ShinobiFist said:
I think is going to be very similar to the Prince Of Persia game that came out last year. And by that I mean in concept, not gameplay. In PoP you had to
bring back "Life" to the world your in, one step at a time.
Basically, bringing the "Magic" back to DisneyLand and make it look the way it use to, one step at a time.

I heard it's something about someone or something trying to take all the color from everything in the world.

Top Bottom