• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EpicNameBro working on Dark Souls II strategy guide, thinks it's better than DkS1

Moongazer

Nice to see FromSoft/Namco recognizing ENB, his Dark Souls videos are entertaining and he comes across as a genuine dude overall. I'll wait and see when the game comes out whether it'll be better than Demon's/Dark Souls as the network test demo was disappointing.

Con_Smith

Banned
Good look for ENB. One of my favorite peeps on YouTube due to all the info he provideded that helped me with the game as well as his lore videos that helped me find things I might have missed that were character specific.

And even if he's getting paid, I still take the man for his word. He loves him some rpgs and I respect him heavily. Hell I've been going back to his soul sacrifice vidsvas he was the first person to bring the game to my attention before I even considered getting a vita.

Another good guy to catch if you like lore and souls news is Vati vidya. Dudes presentation is pretty good and his things you didn't know series was pretty good at telling you how much detail goes into these games.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is ENB writing a guide that has lore and fun stuff alongside the guide itself?

I will totally buy that and read it for NG+

RK9039

Wait, is ENB writing a guide that has lore and fun stuff alongside the guide itself?

I will totally buy that and read it for NG+

Yes, but no speculation stuff, only the things which are present in the game. The plot theories will come in his videos as usual.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hope it ends up being so, then. Wasn't feeling the beta much.

Oh, and I am so conflicted on the Dark Souls guide. Loved the look of it but it was completely useless after the first patch.

Hope it ends up being so, then. Wasn't feeling the beta much.

Oh, and I am so conflicted on the Dark Souls guide. Loved the look of it but it was completely useless after the first patch.

I didn't get to play Dark Souls until about 9 months after it came out... what were the changes?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Better than 1?

HYPE EXPLOSION!!!!!
7aY7VH2.gif
7aY7VH2.gif
7aY7VH2.gif

Orayn

I didn't get to play Dark Souls until about 9 months after it came out... what were the changes?

Some weapon stats and upgrades were changed, and a lot of enemies had their health reduced. Most of the guide is still fine for guide-type stuff, but the stats were out of date reall soon after release.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

They messed with a lot of values on specific pieces of equipment and also changes to damage scaling IIRC.

Which is fine and all, but when you have a book guide like this it means that the list of everything ends up being wrong and outdated, lol.

Shengar

Yes, but no speculation stuff, only the things which are present in the game. The plot theories will come in his videos as usual.

As much as I love his video, I really hope someone would make a written compilation out of it, like Demon's Souls "Story Guide". I always wonder why no one made it for DaS as much as I don't have a clue why Demon's Souls Wikidot is exceptionally clean than DaS.

If it's actually better than Dark Souls, then obviously yes.
What are you talking about? Demon's Souls is superior to Dark Souls in every way.

Since I only played Demon's Souls that is. Still stuck in World 1-2. Finally made it to the boss but died. There should be a shortcut to the boss damnit. The were so many shortcuts in 1-1 :/ Game is too hard for me. I play every now and then tho.

He's got access to a complete build already? Huh, well I like the bid of confidence anyway.
I was pretty confident in FROM's boss design from the start, which seems to drastically improve every time they take a pass at it- From Demon's to Dark, to Artorias.

But I am still a bit worried about the other aspects. Personally think they might be pushing the online too much, and I know thats something he hasn't been able to test.
I like the online, but I also like being able to avoid it without yanking the ethernet cord out of the system sometimes. Hope they have figured something brilliant out with that, because if that was in Dark Souls right now, that game would be a fucking mess.

And I really hope the solution isn't just summoning in fucktons of help, because that breeds it's own problems.

Robot Pants

Well if he thinks it's better then that really puts my mind at ease. It was really a 50/50 shot it wouldn't be too great.
I wonder how much better he thinks it is.

Oh tweet says a lot more.
God dammit I'm so hyped now.

J-Rod

I enjoyed his lore videos because they have a lot information I would never have noticed on my own and because his enthusiasm rubs off on me. I hope there will be some surprises left for him to discover and talk about down the road.

This is all kind of moot to me. On one hand, I do like ENB. The reason I like him is because he does a good job of explaining his points in his videos and whatnot. He's also relatively entertaining, for a Youtube game person.

But since he's probably under lock and key until some unknown point at the future, him saying in concrete terms why he likes it so much better than the first is probably not in the cards for any time soon. And while I don't doubt he genuinely feels DS2 is better, being able to divorce yourself from the enjoyment that comes from being paid to do something you would've done for free is a potent hype riser. I'm not even saying that cynically. Basically, the fact that he's saying this is infinitely less interesting to me than WHY, but he can't say why, so it's like... mannnnn.

Well, it does make me marginally less worried about DS2's quality, at least.

Midou

I honestly can't imagine DS2 being that much better than DS1.

My brain couldn't handle it.

Yep. Can't really picture what it must be like.

I mean I can see plenty of ways to improve Dark Souls, even as my essentially game of the generation, but was not expecting too much (above it being regularly awesome I mean).

Venfayth

Not to say this guy isn't reliable, but do you really think he would say he doesn't as like it as much as the first game?

Not to say this guy isn't reliable, but do you really think he would say he doesn't as like it as much as the first game?

Didn't have to say it's 'much' better than the first game. Even if he was the world's biggest shill, he could have just said it was better, or better yet not even compared it to the first game. Just said it was good.
Using that logic, I feel like we can take it at face value, though only as his oppinion of course.

Clevinger

IMO, he'd more likely just shut up about the quality of the game until release if the game was bad or mediocre and he wasn't allowed to be negative.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Haha hey everyone I'm working on a strategy guide for a game but you know what? The game sucks so don't buy it and don't buy my strategy guide. Nothing against the guy, but c'mon GAF.

Grief.exe

And of course he likes Dark Souls 2 then Souls 1. It pays him better.

He is usually pretty objective. He has been criticizing the development of Dark Souls II though he has had a significant relationship with From for a little while now.

Haha hey everyone I'm working on a strategy guide for a game but you know what? The game sucks so don't buy it and don't buy my strategy guide. Nothing against the guy, but c'mon GAF.

His pay is probably not based on the sales of the book, he would have a contributor or analyst position.

Veggy

wait so you're enb?
or you're working with him on the guide?

lol no, I'm not ENB. I'm also working on the guide

Maybe he likes it a lot more than DkS1 because of the lore? I have to admit I've been skipping most things to do with the lore to not spoil the game for myself too much

lol no, I'm not ENB. I'm also working on the guide

Maybe he likes it a lot more than DkS1 because of the lore? I have to admit I've been skipping most things to do with the lore to not spoil the game for myself too much
So is it better or not? Your post can be interpreted in multiple ways, and it scares me. Someone, please hold me!

Clevinger

You're saying he's selling out his opinion, so yeah it is against the guy.

Dresden

Yeah, I doubt he's getting loyalties or whatever, and he has his own reputation (and a popular youtube channel) to worry about. Either way, for him to just put it out there like that is pretty encouraging.

Top Bottom