• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#ESA2016 speedrun marathon (European 'Games Done Quick') happening right now

Zukuu

Banned
I never heard of it before today and it just started:

Stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon

Cause:
The donations go towards Save the Children. More info here: http://www.savethechildren.org/site...8129/Gaming_for_Good.htm?msource=weklpg4g0716

To celebrate the 5-year anniversary of ESA, for a limited time, your donation during ESA 2016 will be amplified 10X thanks to matching grants from the US government to support maternal, newborn and child survival programs in Bangladesh and Myanmar.*

Schedule:
http://www.esamarathon.com/schedule

I love ESA, but it seems they have partnered with G2A this year for donations, which seems like a terrible terrible idea

UB0FnQX.png

2t21Io8.png

Yeah there haven't been many threads about this in the past years. I've been more excited for this than SGDQ because the schedule has interesting games at better times for me. SGDQ schedule really sucked this year, only Tetris was for EU prime time.

Shame they're not doing the two stream format this time, I liked the crazy stuff in previous years like 16 hours of 100% Arkham City.

Hugstable

Banned
ohhhh there's gonna an Axiom Verge race tomorrow! I'm excited for that now

Oh wow Herc's Adventures also! I haven't played that game since I was young, don't remember it much but I do remember it being a pretty fun game

I'm slightly disappointed that Beyond Oasis didn't make it, since it's the only game I ever made a half-hearted attempted at speedrunning. It was on the schedule, but got removed.

Still, this schedule looks awesome and the stream is already great.

I'm kind of looking forward to Disgaea 2. Lesser known JRPG runs are often pretty fun, especially if they're broken

6 AM though D:

Bl@de

Great runner. TR2 run is a lot of fun. I sucked so bad at that game as a kid. Thanks for the information about ESA1016. First time I hear of it. Will follow it and definetly donate :) Love watching speedruns.

Ricitor

Well, I know what I can do for viewing for the next week . Thanks for the heads up OP, have never heard of this event. So far starting strong.

Accoun

I thought I had e-mail notifications enabled for them? Thanks Twitch (or whoever's responsible), looks like I missed some interesting things already.

SCB3

how can they never take care of audio mixing before the stream starts D:

It's in the middle of nowhere somewhere in sweden, I assume people will arrive on the weekend

Wasn't last years in Norway? That had a cool glassy feel to it as well

The way the guy on the right is wearing his headset is cracking me up.

Hope they get the audio issues sorted and get someone mentioning donation incentives every now and then. I like not having donation comments being read personally but I assume it isn't permanent.

Top Bottom