• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL EQ League thread...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dskillz,I can play anytime tomorrow night or tonight? You set the time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok thats cool.

Cloudy

Banned
gg stooge. I wasn't trying to score on that last td. I just wanted the first but the animation took over :\

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
thats fine, I had cut it to a two score lead just minutes before and was kicking onside kicks, I've got no problem with someone still scoring if the opposition is still trying.. Im either having a really hard time adjusting to EQ or the new update.. not sure which.

I think they went overboard with the new stats on the DB's.. when I went for it on 4th and you were in a punt return Defense and I sent Driver on a deep route and somehow your guy STILL broke up the pass I was a little pissed. The rest of my trouble was me going for routes that used to work that dont anymore or my O-line going into retard mode.

Also, I guess it doesnt hurt as much with EQ on, but McKenzie isnt on the Packers in this update. Being one of the better defensive players on the team, that really sucks.. I guess its due to his holding out on his contract till the last second.

Cloudy

Banned
when I went for it on 4th and you were in a punt return Defense

Anytime you went for it on fouth, I called TO and changed the defense.....

The rest of my trouble was me going for routes that used to work that dont anymore or my O-line going into retard mode.

You use an empty backfield way too much. That = sacks if you don't hot block....

PS: You gave up on the run too early and you went for some bad 4th downs (down just 13-0 in your own territory o_O)

Ramirez

Well my copy of Fable came in today,so I'm goin home to get it and play it...I'll be free all of tomorrow and Sunday,so whenever Malley,just let me know.

StoOgE

No, most of my o-line probelms were the result of guys pulling off the line as though they were run blocking.. I had O-lineman peeling off and letting guys through so that they could head to the other side of the line to block... which is what happens on all of my Power-O runs. They were doing it with an empty backfield however... the Packers have one of the top O-lines in the NFL and they still go into retard mode at times.

As far as giving up on the run.. I did give up a little early but most of it was because I saw massive holes in your defense.. but the DB's recover much quicker now and broke most of them up. I still cant decide if they recover TOO fast yet, and their tackling against RB's still sucks.

Cloudy

Banned
but most of it was because I saw massive holes in your defense

Those "holes" are my zone defense, dude. Primarily passing doesn't work too well against me (I lead the main league with 30 ints in 10 games :lol)

StoOgE

Cloudy said:
Those "holes" are my zone defense, dude. Primarily passing doesn't work too well against me (I lead the main league with 30 ints in 10 games :lol)

Thanks I know what a zone defense is.. I was a wide reciever for 10 years of my life (If you let me count Pee Wee). To be fair I didnt actually get the ball much because we were an option/modified wishbone team so I was much more of a downfield blocker most of the time (I grew up in one town, we ran the same offense from Pee Wee football through High School), but I still no how to read a defenses cover package (well, after the ball snaps, I allways fall for disguised blitz's or zones before the snap). Radomness: We had a play in the playbook that called for an end around where I threw the ball to the QB after a fake slot reverse to the opposite WR. We only ran it ONCE and they put in the JV QB in my position to do it.. tellegraphing your trick plays never works.. it was intercepted.

I was calling slant routes or come backs over the middle as well as a few wheel routes that were specifically attacking the gaps in the zone. By the time the ball got there my guy had been bent over by one guy and summarily raped by another. In the case of the slant routes about half the time my guy got bumped off his route and just started running some other route.. I think the DB's needed to be fixed (especially their speed) but they need to improve route running as well. I had guys turning the wrong way on comeback routes, and had one player on a stop and go that stopped and then didnt go.

(In fact, at one point I called a crossing route over the middle with my two TE's (I was in Jumbo) and they ran into each other).

At the same time, the zone still lets people get behind it. Zone or not, if you are a saftey NO ONE gets behind you. I had several big plays towards the end where your Safteys would just let Chatman (CHATMAN!) get by them. However, they can now run the WR's down from behind so it didnt result in a TD (another big complaint, even on what SHOULD be a TD pass DB's can come from 10 yards back to catch a WR).

Matrix

I'm not sure wehn I can play tomorrow Dskillz....A molar in my mouth is going and I think I'm going to need a root canal tomorrow,Im in sooooo much pain :( Thank god for Orajel numbing gel or I would have killed myself and you wouldnt have anyone to play :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Sorry Ram.... I am just getting done... we can work something out for sometime tomorrow.... or sunday aftetr the games... or before if we get lucky...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
I'm not sure wehn I can play tomorrow Dskillz....A molar in my mouth is going and I think I'm going to need a root canal tomorrow,Im in sooooo much pain :( Thank god for Orajel numbing gel or I would have killed myself and you wouldnt have anyone to play :(

Oh fuck, I understand that. I had an absess not oo long ago and I was out for a week. real life is superior to cyber life. take care of that molar, that is the important thing.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix, the deadline is Tuesday night and I'll have to give Skillz the win if you guys don't play by then....

Matrix

I was beyond fucked up..sorry guys.I had to have a top wisdom tooth removed during the weekend and was still feeling shitty from that..when GOD said let MATRIX HAVE THE STARRING ROLE IN THE PASSION OF CHRIST.... another bottom molar starting going and I cant take pain relief meds cause of my Ulcerative Colitis and was not able to get into the dentist to do the root canal over the weekend,so I literally felt like I was dying.I just had the root canal done yesterday which was fucking hell cause my mouth was already sore from taking out the top wisdom tooth :(

I havent been able to sleep ,eat etc for days and feel pretty shitty.I will play tonight if I can :( If for some reason I cant,of course give Dskillz the win,but I think by tonight I will be good to play *knocks on wood*

Matrix

I can play from 8 pm eastern time till 10:15, and then I can play after the stros game.Dskillz just has to let me know here.

Matrix

Dskillz,my aim isnt working right all the sudden :| Can you play now?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
Dskillz,my aim isnt working right all the sudden :| Can you play now?

I can play now. You probably will win anyway since I haven;t played in about a month, lol

malley, i just looked at my watch and it's go-time boyeee! time to get your whuppin boy! hear! hear!

seriously lets play tonight after dskillz is done

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, I'm just gonna go ahead and sim it cos Skillz is away and there are 4 guys ready to play week 2 now...

Matrix

Konex,just give him the win...I know it fucks with stats and shit,but just do it this one time.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix, I sent you an awesome trade offer that works for both of us. Check it out. The only non-third teamer in the deal is my wideout but I'm stacked at that position :D

Matrix

I'll play Ram tomorrow night,Im watching the stros game at 10.

I'll also accept your trade tomorrow,its pretty good for both of us.

StoOgE

whoever I play I will be on tonight at 8 CST. If its JAOrobot I got your invite last night, but was playing my game for the other leauge and allready had to be up about 4 and a half to 5 hours after the game ended. sry.

Top Bottom