• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 rated for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
Quick question; how much work would it be to tune the gameplay to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio? From what it looks like, the gameplay itself is still tuned to the original format.

Would it have taken awhile to do?

daegan

Grayman said:
Activision has the rights to action adventure games(xml, MUA, Spider-Man and his yearly game) and most but not all film conversions. EA gave up the fighting game rights a few years ago and no one has picked them up. Fighting has been exclusive to whoever has it.

Actually Capcom sublicensed the fighter rights to EA.

Fersis said:
Probably if MvC2 sells well.
They should release it for the Wii.

From the looks of things, the Wii isn't getting MvC2, so why would it make sense for the Wii to get MvC3, Tastunoko vs. Capcom engine or not?

qcf x2

Hopefully that trailer was alpha footage. It looked like it got choppy a few times and the huge space between the HUD is not gangsta.

ezekial45 said:
Quick question; how much work would it be to tune the gameplay to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio? From what it looks like, the gameplay itself is still tuned to the original format.

From what I saw in the teaser trailer, the game is running in 16:9

Edit: Just double-checked. It's definitely in widescreen. Don't sweat it, baby!

ezekial45

Banned
autobzooty said:
From what I saw in the teaser trailer, the game is running in 16:9

Yeah, but the character are knocking into invisible walls. Which lead me to believe it's still in in the original format (gameplay wise).

Unless i'm mistaken.

Rebalannnnnnnnced?

I don't want to meet a bunch of Cables/Magneto/Sentinels/Storms online.

BTW, what teams do you guys use? I think I'll be doing a Spidey/Guile/Cammy, and then Ryu/Mega/Chun.

Used to use BB Hood a lot, but she fell out of the rotation somehow.

Tim-E

distantmantra said:
From the looks of things, the Wii isn't getting MvC2, so why would it make sense for the Wii to get MvC3, Tastunoko vs. Capcom engine or not?

Why does the Wii have to have MvC2? The Wii audience won't know the MvC storyline and will be lost if they don't play the original!

Killa Sasa said:
Rebalannnnnnnnced?

I don't want to meet a bunch of Cables/Magneto/Sentinels/Storms online.

BTW, what teams do you guys use? I think I'll be doing a Spidey/Guile/Cammy, and then Ryu/Mega/Chun.

Used to use BB Hood a lot, but she fell out of the rotation somehow.

I pray to god they rebalance it, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I just use characters I like, so Spider-man is always at the front of my team. Usually Venom and Wolverine go with them, but I didn't unlock all the characters on my PS2 copy of the game.

ezekial45 said:
Yeah, but the character are knocking into invisible walls. Which lead me to believe it's still in in the original format (gameplay wise).

Unless i'm mistaken.

I guess that's possible, but it wouldn't be the end of the world or anything. Plus the game still has a while in development before it comes out, they might fix it.

However, they would have to put in a lot of changes to make that happen and still work with people playing on SD TVs. Both players would have to be on screen at all times, and the only way to make that happen would be to make the game zoom out for SD players, and the camera never zoomed in the original MvC2.

Or maybe they'll do something different...

Xav

ezekial45 said:

Unless i'm mistaken.
Correct and I personally hate it, they better have a 4:3 option with artwork boarders.

Ridli

ezekial45 said:

Maybe they'll do a thing like HD Remix where the game field was not changed, but the perspective was adjusted to play in 16:9. In fact, HDR can be played in 4:3 with pillars. I'm hoping this will be similar.

Rlan

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6...witterblog_thefeed&intcid=twitterblog_thefeed

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-2-Hands-On-Preview.jpg

Marvel-Vs-Capcom-2-Hands-On-Preview.jpg

dacuk

distantmantra said:

Capcom is not even able to get TvsC to America (due to the hellish licensing and other stuff) and that's an already done product; I won't bet they will release any other fighting game for Wii, like, ever

I hope to be wrong, though...

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
The resale value of the old game just went through the floor....

I can't wait to get my hands on this again. It's been too long!

Ridli

El_TigroX said:
The resale value of the old game just went through the floor....

I can't wait to get my hands on this again. It's been too long!

Yeah, no lie. I'm going to have to check the eBay prices in a week and see how they're doing.

dacuk

Quick noob question:

Is there a way to get out of an Air Combo in this game?

I love the MegaCrash of TvsC (even if you lose some life points and bars), because most of the MvsC players I have played against just try to catch you into the same Air Combo again and again, making the fight boring and predictable.

People have apparently misread my post.

I wanted to know why someone thought a possible MvC3 would come to Wii, when it's not even getting MvC2. People have thus responded with the same reasons I was figuring, but it's still frustrating when it's misunderstood.

Guled

Like other classic games brought back to life recently, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is virtually identical to the classic game (the Dreamcast version, for those of you keeping score). We say “virtually” because this adds online multiplayer, courtesy of the same systems that powered the same modes in Street Fighter HD Remix. You’ll even be able to play six-player round robin tourneys, with you and three of your friends watching as two other people beat each other senseless.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You’ll even be able to play six-player round robin tourneys, with you and three of your friends watching as two other people beat each other senseless

In before : So the online is already better than SF IV. :D

Guled

Music Options – We love MvC2 but the original “jazzy” music has long been criticized even by ardent fans. Independent music volume controls and support of custom soundtracks on PS3 and 360 we deemed an important feature. Purists will still have what they love and fans of customization are also served.

And as an added bonus, some of you will get to play it sooner than you think. The US PlayStation network will have the demo available for download this week (Europe’s PSN should follow not far after). Surprise. :)

panda21

ARGGHHHH!!!

And as an added bonus, some of you will get to play it sooner than you think. The US PlayStation network will have the demo available for download this week (Europe's PSN should follow not far after). Surprise. :)

And as an added bonus, some of you will get to play it sooner than you think. The US PlayStation network will have the demo available for download this week (Europe's PSN should follow not far after). Surprise. :)

FCUKKKKKKKKK

Bernbaum

Guled said:
MvC2 is a test, if we pass we shall get MvC3
I hope
It could be a test, but it could also be an attempt to hype up the franchise in order to make a new sequel more viable.

Capcom-Unity said:
HD upscaling options - Given that most people play Xbox 360s and PS3s on HD TVs, it's important to help make the game look better. We've refined our real-time sprite filtering to use even more advanced techniques and we're providing two upscaling options for the sprites... one we've termed "Crisp" the other we've termed "Smooth". It's a matter of personal preference for which one you'll enjoy more. For purists, if you'd like you can use the "Classic" setting, which leaves the sprites completely unfiltered. Because the filtering is applied in real-time, you can change these settings on the fly, mid-match if you choose. Our producer will be showing you some comparison screenshots in the coming days to better clarify the differences. The backgrounds in MvC2 are all 3D, and when rendered at higher resolutions look fantastic. The original textures and assets from the Dreamcast were actually much higher quality than the Dreamcast could really display at the time and when shown in HD, the impact is really quite amazing.

Yeah, not bad!

Guled said:
Music Options – We love MvC2 but the original “jazzy” music has long been criticized even by ardent fans. Independent music volume controls and support of custom soundtracks on PS3 and 360 we deemed an important feature. Purists will still have what they love and fans of customization are also served.

And as an added bonus, some of you will get to play it sooner than you think. The US PlayStation network will have the demo available for download this week(Europe’s PSN should follow not far after). Surprise. :)
What? No 360 demo? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom