• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

tuffy

Hit some switch in misty ravine and read some book about evil water and now I can't find where to go :(
The passage to the next area should be in the southeast corner of the new Lush Woodlands area of the map, basically down the hall from the switch.

I'm coming up on the 2nd Stratum boss in my replay of EO: Untold. For some reason my story characters are doing just as much damage as my classic characters even though the story ones are like level 55. It's probably because I gave my classic characters advanced weapons. There is still a bit of a challenge when facing FOEs.

Nachos

Anyone know if there'll be any places mirroring the Nico stream? I've seen some people on other sites mention that they might do it, but I haven't found anyone who'll do it for certain.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Because it isn't out yet (or within 24 hours of being out). There's an import impressions thread that was made a while back, though.

The new rules are shit personally. Makes zero sense. They should have just made it a case by case situation as they have a list of the OTs with whos doing what and just contacted the creators from there. Since this doesnt help with smaller titles like this series for example.

That and there are all sorts of other threads shotgunned all over the place making info finding for folks a pain in the ass.

Wait, did I misread something or the NicoNico stream page said they're going to announce a real-time 3D dungeon new game in the stream?

Also the game store called me to pick up my EO2 Untold import copy tonight, that's surprisingly early. :p

Nachos

The new rules are shit personally. Makes zero sense. They should have just made it a case by case situation as they have a list of the OTs with whos doing what and just contacted the creators from there. Since this doesnt help with smaller titles like this series for example.

That and there are all sorts of other threads shotgunned all over the place making info finding for folks a pain in the ass.

I wouldn't go far, but I'm not that keen on them, either. I understand all of their justifications for why they enacted the policy change, but part of me's hoping that this is just a stopgap measure until they can universally determine a better solution, especially with how many people voiced their dissatisfaction.

Parakeetman

I wouldn't go far, but I'm not that keen on them, either. I understand all of their justifications for why they enacted the policy change, but part of me's hoping that this is just a stopgap measure until they can universally determine a better solution, especially with how many people voiced their dissatisfaction.

You know the saying if it aint broke dont fix it.

They carpet bombed an issue that just required a precision strike really. Since as mentioned before they literally have a list of things that they can pick and choose what to control. As its quite obvious what the insane stupid "hype" generating ones would be for the most part and understand them wanting to stop "hype" threads. Which are mostly the AAA releases that get filled with the "excitement" comments that add nothing to the thread for a good few pages. Smaller ones like "import" or "indie" titles are more for the tiny communities that follow it and people who want info ahead of time so they know if they should pre-order or not. Which is why generally I personally feel import and indie threads should have been left alone for the most part.

As stated again the current system doesnt really help anyone and I cant imagine it makes the mods work easier with what Im about to say below.

Its not like GAF has a shortage of threads either, so cant see the solution as having been one that was done to spread more conversations out either. If anything just clutters the forums with multiple posts on the same subject, due to people not having a place to converse about said topic ahead of time.

Anyways enough of going off topic, but its damned unfortunate truthfully.

----

On topic need to look up the info on the Nico stream for Knights of Fafnir. :D

Parakeetman

As a fan of both I tend to find EO communities preferable to Persona communities

So when exactly does that EO stream pop off? About four hours from now? Do I need a niconico account to watch it?

Id say yes and sign up for a niconico account.

You can enter the chan from 3hrs 40 mins from now about. Which is 10 mins before it starts.

19:00 JST (Japan Standard Time)

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv199209527

Nachos

As a fan of both I tend to find EO communities preferable to Persona communities

So when exactly does that EO stream pop off? About four hours from now? Do I need a niconico account to watch it?

Id say yes and sign up for a niconico account.

Just be aware that unless you have a premium account, there's always the possibility of getting booted if they're over-capacity and if you don't have premium. That's why I'm hoping that someone will mirror a premium stream, but I haven't seen anything 100% concrete yet.

Parakeetman

Just be aware that unless you have a premium account, there's always the possibility of getting booted if they're over-capacity and if you don't have premium. That's why I'm hoping that someone will mirror a premium stream, but I haven't seen anything 100% concrete yet.

Doesnt effect me so doesnt really matter.

I still hate niconico in general, their shit is so archaic for the most part. The only reason to use it is for stuff like this.

FluxWaveZ

I'm also part of the group who think the OT change was unnecessary for all games, but yeah...

Anyways, I'm slightly excited about tomorrow's stream, though admittedly it's for whatever "surprise" they've got planned. For my experience with the EO series: I've owned EOIV for about a year now, but I've only put about 1-2 hours into it. I really enjoyed it, so after PQ I'm looking forward to putting a lot more time into it.

The nico stream's just opened. Ten minutes till it actually starts.

Edit: Correction: What's starting is a one-hour countdown to the ACTUAL program, where the guests on the show, along with the viewers, will navigate a 3D dungeon in real-time (?).

Just got my ass kicked by Hollow Queen in EOIV :(

Now that i know how she rolls i'll be back though...

also: Will i EVER find/get keys for those damn chests in Lush Woodlands and Misty Ravine?

also as well: I didn't know binds could slow down enemies? Thought they were only to prevent em from escaping?

Zweizer

Banned
Just got my ass kicked by Hollow Queen in EOIV :(

Now that i know how she rolls i'll be back though...

also: Will i EVER find/get keys for those damn chests in Lush Woodlands and Misty Ravine?

The guest party member will be of some help against the Hollow Queen.

The keys will be available later.

Laconic

Banned
I'm also part of the group who think the OT change was unnecessary for all games, but yeah...

Anyways, I'm slightly excited about tomorrow's stream, though admittedly it's for whatever "surprise" they've got planned. For my experience with the EO series: I've owned EOIV for about a year now, but I've only put about 1-2 hours into it. I really enjoyed it, so after PQ I'm looking forward to putting a lot more time into it.

Man... you need to get on THAT.

...it is so very good.

spiritfox

I have a 3DS, which of the games should I get first?

EOIV is a good starting point, but if you want something more of a story, Persona Q is coming out, which is structurally similar to an EO game.

Hmm, we should really put game recommendations in the OP.

EOxMD sounds great. I didn't realise how well it'd work until I saw it. I really have never played any Mystery Dungeon game outside of Pokemon but I'll play this. You still make a party and then go out exploring, just the game play is different.

IV. You could get Untold because it is more 'accessible' but IV is just as accessible but doesn't have the story mode, which I think a lot of people didn't like anyway.
If you've played Persona then get Persona Q. It'd be the perfect gateway.

Nachos

Get the demo for IV and see how you like it. You can transfer all of your progress from it to the full game, so you can pick up right where the demo ends with your entire party intact. Untold also has a demo, but not for classic mode, so you don't have any such luxuries if you want to create your own party instead of being saddled with the same one throughout the game.

Linkark07

Banned
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and now Etrian Odyssey V?

Why are you doing this to me Atlus? :(

I'm going to lose my spare time playing these games.

Bring it on. Hopefully V continues with making your own party

omlet

also as well: I didn't know binds could slow down enemies? Thought they were only to prevent em from escaping?

Binds are described in the OP! Read it :D!

Leg Bind is OP!

And speaking of the OP...
Hmm, we should really put game recommendations in the OP.
OP is currently at 22566/24000 characters, so there is some room to add a bit, but not much. Throw some ideas out if you want. We might want to save the space for news?

Edit: Ohshi-!!
Youtube link for Etrian Odyssey V announcement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHbWGrYa_-E

A change in setting? The world looks interesting at any rate.
Okay, this is what will be taking priority in the OP over game recommendations, but my comment about giving ideas still stands!

Zweizer

Banned
OP is currently at 22566/24000 characters, so there is some room to add a bit, but not much. Throw some ideas out if you want. We might want to save the space for news?

A section for news at the top of the OP might be a good idea.
There are the new games to add in the future as well.

spiritfox

Binds are described in the OP! Read it :D!

Leg Bind is OP!

And speaking of the OP...

Edit: Ohshi-!!

Okay, this is what will be taking priority in the OP over game recommendations, but my comment about giving ideas still stands!

Nah, news would normally have a thread in the main forum, plus it'll be troublesome to update the OP every time there's new news. I would like an FAQ section though. Could put game recommendations there.

omlet

Nah, news would normally have a thread in the main forum, plus it'll be troublesome to update the OP every time there's new news. I would like an FAQ section though. Could put game recommendations there.

FAQ could be added, and I thought about it in the first place, but wasn't sure what to put there besides some game mechanics stuff which we just ended up dedicating a section to.

With EOV announcement section added (just updated), OP is at 22722 / 24000 characters, so we could use about 1000 characters for FAQ before having to cut stuff.

Top Bottom