• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

L~A

There was a livestream today. No new footage at all, but they announced a live concert for November 23rd. More details announced later.

https://twitter.com/SQ_kouhou/status/759373802635563009

There were also some soundtrack samples during the stream. Recorded them all (disclaimer: YT channel of my website):

The End of Raging Winds (2016 ver.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTF4ath5-uM

Some soothing music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxrcT-0z6SM

Some relaxing music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98nUypq7gL8

My apologies for not really clean intro/outro, but for two of the songs, they just started playing them not from the intro (they were just used as waiting music).

For The End of the Raging Winds, missed the beginning, but since the track just loops after a while, I didn't try and deal with the "insufficient BW" bs to re-record.

Well, quality is good enough, imo. Really can't wait for the soundtrack album, in September.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw any of you libraries of EO knowledge here in the community thread want to help contribute information for the import OT?

Its going to be in the usual format that I do stuff

Features
Classes
Media
Screenshots
FAQ
DLC

If so let me know and what sections you would be interested in helping fill out. Would make things easier on my side as then can just focus on seeing what I can do for graphics and whatnots. That and have been seeing you all are already pretty much caught up on the latest info and such. ( ̄∇ ̄)

One store in Asia posted a pic of the LE next to the snes N3DS LL. This is massive.

RvHm.png

Parakeetman

One store in Asia posted a pic of the LE next to the snes N3DS LL. This is massive.

RvHm.png

Its crazy how fast that thing sold out in Japan. Apparently from what Ive heard the stock was super limited.

That snes N3DS LL reminds me of how I fucked up my order so it got cancelled lol. Then again its all for the better considering I dont need yet another N3DS... but that design is just too good.

I still wonder why 5 games later we still do not have a single Etrian Odyssey LE system...

The import thread might be a bit late today, but at least it will be up sometime today...

Parakeetman

Nice work..

Now to wait for Atlus to get it over here...

Thanks! Couldnt think of a more creative subtitle though so went with the fight & heal meme lol. Though thanks to the unofficial english title almost couldnt fit everything...

Am curious when it will come out in the West plus if they will do the same sorta deal with the LE or make their own?

Its crazy how fast that thing sold out in Japan. Apparently from what Ive heard the stock was super limited.

That snes N3DS LL reminds me of how I fucked up my order so it got cancelled lol. Then again its all for the better considering I dont need yet another N3DS... but that design is just too good.

I still wonder why 5 games later we still do not have a single Etrian Odyssey LE system...

The import thread might be a bit late today, but at least it will be up sometime today...

I was thinking it would be because the SMTIV 3DS LL didnt sell well since I see it for order often new but then play asia has this EOV LE for 145$. I dont know how much the actual price was but im pretty sure PA is selling it at some huge markup.

I thought we'd get cover plates at least for EOV but looks like nope.

Parakeetman

Please let us have that here in the West Atlus. Its just so. BIG.

Since Atlus seems to be pretty good about doing LEs and what nots, would imagine it will come states side too. On top of how hardcore the EO followers are that would be a surefire sellout when put up for preorders.

Since Atlus seems to be pretty good about doing LEs and what nots, would imagine it will come states side too. On top of how hardcore the EO followers are that would be a surefire sellout when put up for preorders.

Have any previous Etrian games had an LE on another price tier in Japan? Either way if they do this, they shouldn't go overboard with production like they normally do. Etrian game first prints last a long time. Ill buy 2 though. I bought 4 copies of untold 2 anyway.

Parakeetman

Have any previous Etrian games had an LE on another price tier in Japan? Either way if they do this, they shouldn't go overboard with production like they normally do. Etrian game first prints last a long time. Ill buy 2 though. I bought 4 copies of untold 2 anyway.

Dont think any other EO games had LEs. There only was the first print extras which is usually a CD or some booklet type of thing.

Parakeetman

Hmm then they might do one for this I hope they do.

No idea if they would use the same box considering its stupid large but they would already have all of the data required if they do decide to go the same route anyways.

Would have faith in Atlus doing it since as mentioned they do seem to be good about that sort of stuff knowing they have a faithful fan following that will ensure sales.

kanamechan

Being playing SQV, managed to reach the fourth stratum. And it's really quite fun, really see why it sold out so fast.

Love reapers. Really nice utility and damage so far and synergizes well with my condition herbalist.
Masuraro with four Katana is just utterly overpowered though.

Between Untold 1 and Untold 2, what would you guys reccomend? The onyl EO game I've played was 4, and I loved it. I hear Untold 1 has animated cutscnes while 2 doesn't? That would probably push me towards 1 unless 2 has better quality of life or gameplay things.

Between Untold 1 and Untold 2, what would you guys reccomend? The onyl EO game I've played was 4, and I loved it. I hear Untold 1 has animated cutscnes while 2 doesn't? That would probably push me towards 1 unless 2 has better quality of life or gameplay things.

2 is a lot better with mapping. I'd recommend 2. Also 2 has the best OP.

tuffy

They both have animated cutscenes in Story mode. I think Untold 2 is a better game in general; its Classic mode doesn't lose out on the extra labyrinth area, its Grimoire stones are more intuitive to deal with, and I like its new classes.

If you're only gonna get one of them I'd say Untold 2 for both story and classic, but classic mode Untold 1 is fantastic as well.

jonjonaug

If you're only going to play one of them, Untold 2 is the better game in every way. Untold 1's still good, but it's just not as good as U2.

preta

Untold 2 is better in every way, except maybe the story. One thing to be aware of - boss HP is balanced for the story mode party, which includes the story mode-exclusive (and highly overpowered) Fafnir. Classic mode does not take this into account and keeps the same high HP.

I nearly beat EO3 today. I grinded up a hoplite specifically for the final bosses and it actually went pretty well. But then the final boss
Deep City route
wiped my party from full health after some bad RNG.

I will clear my backlog
and finally play EO2U

kagamin

I nearly beat EO3 today. I grinded up a hoplite specifically for the final bosses and it actually went pretty well. But then the final boss
Deep City route

I will clear my backlog
and finally play EO2U

Not fighting Progenitor, what's wrong with you? :p

Weebos

Banned
Deep City route

I will clear my backlog
and finally play EO2U

I did a lot of mindless grinding in EO3. I loved the game, but I am glad the other games don't have nearly as much grinding in it.

If I never see that damn Penguin again it will be too soon.

Rutger

Banned
Deep City route

I will clear my backlog
and finally play EO2U

That's what you get for siding with
murderers and getting the worse bonus class.

Not fighting Progenitor, what's wrong with you? :p

I am planning to do the other 2 routes, I've really liked EO3 (even though this is the first time I've picked it back up in a few months)

I did a lot of mindless grinding in EO3. I loved the game, but I am glad the other games don't have nearly as much grinding in it.

If I never see that damn Penguin again it will be too soon.
latest

I actually just fought it because I was mulling around doing sea stuff. Fun fight weirdly.

That's what you get for siding with
murderers and getting the worse bonus class.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Robots the bess

Does anybody ever actually use weapons that inflict status ailments but have no attack power? Even on my mage types I'd rather have something with +TEC or +TP on it.

Zweizer

Banned
Does anybody ever actually use weapons that inflict status ailments but have no attack power? Even on my mage types I'd rather have something with +TEC or +TP on it.

They can be useful for getting conditional drops and generally for parties that lack status infliction capabilities.

spiritfox

I mean, what portable entertainment device doesn't have a touch screen in 2016?

I dunno, if the screen has to be docked for TV mode it might not have touch. Plus most of the controller modes shown don't have the screen.

Now I'm kinda worried.

Well, EO is popular enough that it'll continue somehow. It's just what we're going to get now the main gimmick is more or less dead.

I love the mapping feature, but the primary appeal of the series to me has always been party customization, encounter design, and combat mechanics. It will be a lesser game without the mapping, but not to the point where I'd lose interest.

Top Bottom