• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Why wouldn't you aim to make the most perfect map possible though? Thats like half the fun.

People have different notions of fun, but yeah, I definitely map everything. In games where you don't get to draw your map, I walk on every tile even if it's wasteful and forces me into useless encounters, just so it's filled. I also sometimes jump down every holes even after finding the "right" way if it reveals them on the map, assuming it's not too annoying(if you fall several floors fuck that).

Thought it would be interesting,
Etrian Odyssey as a series has sold 1.5 million.

CyiHqJJXAAEDjyF.jpg:large

Zweizer

Banned
That's not bad, considering it's still a pretty niche series.

It's quite funny that what started as a nostalgia experiment game became one of Atlus' biggest franchises.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

It's quite funny that what started as a nostalgia experiment game became one of Atlus' biggest franchises.

Just goes to show what a little effort and good artwork can do for a series.

That is quite impressive esp since as you mentioned it most def is a niche genre. Even more so that the series itself seems to have pulled new people into the gridder genre too.

PK Gaming

A niche series with a small amount of titles that debuted in 2007 even

Ahhh, I missed this community thread

Missed out on some good fanart too

EOV not coming out already BITES

spiritfox

That's 1.5mil worldwide? IIRC each game hits around 90k sales in Japan, so ROW accounts for about half of the franchise's sales? That's not bad, considering how Japanese the game is.

kagamin

It wasn't even nostalgia for me lol, I came to like it for what it was with no experience whatsoever in the genre. Which is just hilarious really.

ohlawd

I remember going in a store and putting down full price on EOIV. I know brehs. started on IV? scrub tier.

walked out the store and had instant regret. was I making a mistake? ehh fuck it YOLO

1.5 mill is lame tho. idgaf if the series is niche. that should be 10x that number :mad:

I remember going in a store and putting down full price on EOIV. I know brehs. started on IV? scrub tier.

walked out the store and had instant regret. was I making a mistake? ehh fuck it YOLO

1.5 mill is lame tho. idgaf if the series is niche. that should be 10x that number :mad:

I got into it because someone on a local video game forum (indianvideogamer) was selling EO untold 1 cheap. bought it. then bought EO1,2,3 DS sealed from same seller iirc. never played them. Then bought IV cheap on black friday. played a bit lovedi t. played EO1U for a good amount of time. loved it. EO2U though. GOAT. Then finally ended up buying EOIV first print sealed. EO2 JP DS. Now gonna buy EO1 PAL for the JP artwork. Also got the EO2U OST with me and EOIV on the way.

I mean I'm biased so I don't mind Atlus localising Yakuza, but I'm just sad Revolution is getting localised and we have no news on EOV.

vall03

Guys, please stop bumping this thread! Whenever I see this thread I expect EOV news then get my hopes shattered right away...

Parakeetman

Guys, please stop bumping this thread! Whenever I see this thread I expect EOV news then get my hopes shattered right away...

Nah if there was an announcement spiritfox, Zweizer, Nachos or DandyCrocodile Id imagine would be the one to make a thread about it on the main page.

At least this time around Choco Taco supporter atlusprime showed up to show us hes still alive so thats something lol.

kagamin

Nah if there was an announcement spiritfox, Zweizer, Nachos or DandyCrocodile Id imagine would be the one to make a thread about it on the main page.

At least this time around Choco Taco supporter atlusprime showed up to show us hes still alive so thats something lol.

Thread worthy news right there. :p

I wonder if we wont get a full artbook for EOV since the artbook wit theh game package in JP was pretty thick?

Parakeetman

I wonder if we wont get a full artbook for EOV since the artbook wit theh game package in JP was pretty thick?

The LE for EOV was pretty insane in size not exactly cheap either. Though seeing how hardcore the EO following is in the US. Am sure that Atlus USA would be able to figure out around how many LEs to print. As think its literally the first time that the game had an actual LE and not just some additional bonus item like the booklets or CDs. Artbook was 200 pages I think.

Not my pic but gives you an example of how large the box was.

Compared to other JP LEs

Couldnt find a larger pic but the inside of the LE
DSC06234-480x360.jpg

Found a larger pic

Artbook thickness.
IIUGM

The LE for EOV was pretty insane in size not exactly cheap either. Though seeing how hardcore the EO following is in the US. Am sure that Atlus USA would be able to figure out around how many LEs to print. As think its literally the first time that the game had an actual LE and not just some additional bonus item like the booklets or CDs. Artbook was 200 pages I think.
(EDIT)

Those pics get me harder than NieR automata's demo. I need it. Fuck it gonna look on AMZ JP for EOV with this book.

Not that it's something that'll ever grace the hands of us filthy Europeans.

Read what I'm doing above. YOLO.

Parakeetman

Those pics get me harder than NieR automata's demo. I need it. Fuck it gonna look on AMZ JP for EOV with this book.

Read what I'm doing above. YOLO.

They actually have it available through marketplace sellers it seems. Last price I saw earlier today was around 10,000. Though usually marketplace sellers dont ship internationally so you will have to go use one of those forwarding services if outside of Japan.

Dont have a pic of it, but once you slide off the outer cover of the CE, under that is the black box with lettering that says "Collectors Edition" on it.

Mine actually isnt open as I have a standard copy of the game also.

They actually have it available through marketplace sellers it seems. Last price I saw earlier today was around 10,000. Though usually marketplace sellers dont ship internationally so you will have to go use one of those forwarding services if outside of Japan.

Dont have a pic of it, but once you slide off the outer cover of the CE, under that is the black box with lettering that says "Collectors Edition" on it.

Mine actually isnt open as I have a standard copy of the game also.

Ideal situation would be me gifting the game to my friend in Japan to play but he already bought this ce lol. I'll figure it out. I need to listen to the ost also. It's being ordered soon.

You got the previous game artbooks? Salty I missed eou1+2

Parakeetman

kgmfqbI.jpg

*We've all been there.

Ideal situation would be me gifting the game to my friend in Japan to play but he already bought this ce lol. I'll figure it out. I need to listen to the ost also. It's being ordered soon.

You got the previous game artbooks? Salty I missed eou1+2

Nah dont buy artbooks anymore. No space for them. That and maybe almost never flip through them again after a first look.

spiritfox

Do you guys think an Etrian Maker would work? You basically set a stratum, with traps and FOEs, then share it with other people who till try to make it to the end with a party of their choosing. Maybe make it the size of one of EOIV's caves but with multiple floors, and the party is at a fixed level so all we need to do is to pick the classes and skills. Could be fun.

Fevaweva

Just started playing EOIV, the first game I have played in the series, I am really enjoying it.

I find the game rather difficult and I am not sure how much grinding I should do as I just got wrecked by the
bear covered in blood
. I really like making my own map.

Top Bottom