• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

spiritfox

image.php

Spiritfox, pls.

Atlus pls

Weebos

Banned
Can EO even exists on Switch?

They would probably streamline the map, which is a big thing to lose. The core game would be in tact, but they would probably have to come up with something new to replace the map making features.

They already include options to totally streamline map making in recent games, so I don't think its impossible to see the series continue.

Rutger

Banned
Can EO even exists on Switch?

The series can survive without two screens, maybe not as elegantly, but it can. In handheld mode, the Switch screen could dedicate a spot in the corner around the size of what we are used to on the bottom screen(unless you have an XL system I guess), and probably add a way to make it take up the whole screen if/when we want. As for docked, well, the series has been adding more auto map features lately, it'll probably just get fleshed out more.

It is certainly possible, without any compromises to the gameplay. It just wouldn't be as elegant, and auto-mapping would likely get more fleshed out.

Finally beat Ketos in EOIII. Time to see what's going on under the waves! This game is great and I love the setting and soundtrack! If we don't get EOV at least I'll still have the other games to play once I finish this.

Anteo

Every time I think "I should sell my 3ds and save for a switch" someone announces something.

I like to think my avatar is what made them do it.

Well EO is still dead woth no second screen.

Edit: whats up with that url, test slider aproval page qwerty? Is hl3 confirmed?

spiritfox

Hopefully we get at least the gameplay without the map tools for a Switch game. It'll suck but the gameplay can still work.

Also I guess they were testing it and accidentally published it before it was time.

Oh man EOV is most likely gonna be in the Nintendo Spotlight.

ohlawd

What. This year already had so many good games. This is just the cherry on top.

Also I'm not at home so I can't change my avatar lol.

Fire Emblem Echoes is pretty good, not that far in tho

everything else I've played so far this year is either okay or shit. I've bought three new games in 2017 lol

Another one of those years where I don't get anything until Q4 again

Fire Emblem Echoes is pretty good, not that far in tho

everything else I've played so far this year is either okay or shit. I've bought three new games in 2017 lol

Another one of those years where I don't get anything until Q4 again

Do you only own an Xbox or something. How else could 2017 be hopeless lol.

yami4ct

yeh, it's killing me :(

real talk tho, what the hell have you guys been playing

FFXIV. Oh god so much FFXIV. Too much FFXIV. I should play other games.

I'm very, very excited to finally get my hands on EO5. EO4 is still one of my favorite RPGs ever. Time to get the next real mainline. It's long overdue.

Still Zelda. Im addicted.

Other than that Ive resumed playing God Eater Resurrection. The rest of my time goes into review games. Most recently fighting games like Rev 2, Tekken 7, IJ2 across ps4,pc,xbox. Also a lot on my iPad. Havent turned on my 3DS in a while :( I got DQ7 and 8 and a shitload more games waiting there.

omlet

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

it's happening

granblue fantasy
deresute
dungeon travelers 2
just finished Persona 5 last week
just finished TLoU last week, too
just started Star Ocean 5

Rutger

Banned
It's been so long, but we're almost there!

I'm really curious what they will be doing with all the voice options. Will it be in English? Will we get a lot of repeated actors?

But none of that matters right now because the best dungeon crawler is back!

It's been so long, but we're almost there!

I'm really curious what they will be doing with all the voice options. Will it be in English? Will we get a lot of repeated actors?

But none of that matters right now because the best dungeon crawler is back!

English voice acting yes. says so in the press release. Same for Radiant Historia. SMT SJR is JP Voice only.

Top Bottom