• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Gila Moo

Neo Member
I really hope they include the artbook for this. I was fortunate enough to obtain the artbooks of the other games and can't seem to find the artbook for Etrian Odyssey V anywhere online.

tuffy

I really hope they include the artbook for this. I was fortunate enough to obtain the artbooks of the other games and can't seem to find the artbook for Etrian Odyssey V anywhere online.
I'm pretty sure the artbook only shipped with the special edition of the game and was never released separately. I used a proxy service to track down a copy, but Amazon.co.jp might have some available.

I'm hoping Atlus will bring all those special edition goodies over, also.

Nachos

I'm pretty sure the artbook only shipped with the special edition of the game and was never released separately. I used a proxy service to track down a copy, but Amazon.co.jp might have some available.

I'm hoping Atlus will bring all those special edition goodies over, also.
Yeah, I don't see us getting it, though I'd love to be proven wrong. The thing's too big to just tack on as a freebie, and I don't think there's enough demand to warrant a $100 edition.

omlet

Should be around 1500 characters of space left, can probably fit a bit of info in like how the other games are in the OP. May have to trim a bit from something.

Zweizer

Banned
btw, Untold 1 and 2 classic modes are the best way to play the original games, right? I'm not totallyt interested in the story mode.

Yeah despite some minor changes the technical improvements over the original games make the remakes the best way to experience them.

omlet

I would suggest buy 4 next I guess :p

btw, Untold 1 and 2 classic modes are the best way to play the original games, right? I'm not totallyt interested in the story mode.

For Untold 1 that is definitely true IMO. For Untold 2 I honestly recommend Story mode on Expert. Classic mode is not a bad way to go but the story cast in 2 is pretty good, the party balance is excellent for the content, and while you don't miss out on playable areas in classic mode in U2 like you do in U1, you will lose out on the fun of all the cooking skits. In both Untolds you can NG+ into any mode without losing your characters you've invested in.

spiritfox

I would suggest buy 4 next I guess :p

Yeah. Story mode has some things locked to it (classes, dungeons, equipment for EOU, only a class for EO2U), but it's not that interesting and can be skipped. EO2U even gives you the story dungeon in Classic mode (without the story).

jonjonaug

For Untold 1 Classic is the way to go, but I'd recommend Story for Untold 2. The Fafnir class is fun to play around with and the story is actually pretty good.

No one said but Etrian Odyssey V has got the same time frame in Europe. Thanks based Deep Silver. I might finally be able to play an Etrian game at the same time as NA.

No one said but Etrian Odyssey V has got the same time frame in Europe. Thanks based Deep Silver. I might finally be able to play an Etrian game at the same time as NA.

Well nearly the same time. Fall 2017 and Winter 2017. But still big improvement over the previous ones.

Anteo

The only deck I have that got me to gold is this

PL9Xoq9.jpg

Barely works and I dont even have all the cards I need. I generally lose when I get those fillers fairys or the bean on the hand.

The most insteresting card is this:

It removes counters, screws with fields, deactivates that trap that becomes a monster, etc. Its a interesting card, if you can keep it on the field.

And it can sustaim itself with some lp recovery with the equips and the skill.

Edit:i think that just shows how easy is to get to gold lol

Zweizer

Banned
The only deck I have that got me to gold is this

Barely works and I dont even have all the cards I need. I generally lose when I get those fillers fairys or the bean on the hand.

The most insteresting card is this:

It removes counters, screws with fields, deactivates that trap that becomes a monster, etc. Its a interesting card, if you can keep it on the field.

And it can sustaim itself with some lp recovery with the equips and the skill.

Etrian TCG confirmed? So that's the future of the series?

Untold 1 is pretty fun. I started in story mode on expert difficulty. Is that the way to go to get the most ouf of the game? I've only gotten to the third floor so far but the difficulty feels similar to EO4.

I also read I can basically ignore those grimoire things, is that accurate? I find them a little confusing.

One thing I'm sad about is the fact I can't seem to choose my own class. I loved linking attacks with my Landsknecht in EO4.

Zweizer

Banned
Grimoires are a headache in Untold 1 and aren't worth bothering with, unless you're trying really hard to optimize your party, and you'll be fine not going in-depth with them for almost the entire game.

The Story mode of Untold 1 is rather... lacking, and completely ruins the original game's plot. I would have suggested you to start with Classic mode first, but too late for that, alas. It would have allowed you to make your own party as well.

If you plan to play Untold 2, I can vouch that both the Story mode and the Grimoire system are greatly improved, so you can start directly with Story for this one.

The Untold games are weird in that despite the Grimoire system, they're the most balanced EO games to date.

Top Bottom