• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Anyone have a list of the preorder bonuses that were released for the DS games? I know 3 had some sort of large artbook or something. What did I and II have on DS?

tuffy

Anyone have a list of the preorder bonuses that were released for the DS games? I know 3 had some sort of large artbook or something. What did I and II have on DS?
The first pressings of EO3 came with a 56 page artbook. EO1 and 2 had nothing. In Japan, the first pressings of all EO games came with sampler CDs packed in nice cases with some exclusive cover art. EO4 and Untold got those same sampler CDs in slightly cheaper packaging.

The first pressings of EO3 came with a 56 page artbook. EO1 and 2 had nothing. In Japan, the first pressings of all EO games came with sampler CDs packed in nice cases with some exclusive cover art. EO4 and Untold got those same sampler CDs in slightly cheaper packaging.

Thank you!

Nachos

So since the Untold 2 demo is releasing on Tuesday in North America and the website's demo description was mistranslated, should I throw up a demo thread Monday night or so with the correct information?

Zweizer

Banned
So since the Untold 2 demo is releasing on Tuesday in North America and the website's demo description was mistranslated, should I throw up a demo thread Monday night or so with the correct information?

I don't see why not, especially if it helps clear up some misinformation. Well, if it isn't too much trouble, of course.

Nachos

In memory of Iwata, here's the Iwata Asks he did of Etrian IV a while back.

I don't see why not, especially if it helps clear up some misinformation. Well, if it isn't too much trouble, of course.
I already had most of the info gathered for the OT, so it really isn't a bother at all. The biggest problem is that the website's description makes it sound like you can only explore one floor. Assuming the demo's the same as the Japanese one, though, it's actually the first three floors of Yggdrasil and the first floor of the new dungeon.

I forgot how dumb Fafnir looks before he gets his gauntlet, when his hand's still wrapped up. I can't blame Himukai for omitting that design from the art book because he looks so ridiculous.

omlet

are you guys even gonna try it? it's story mode only

Nah, I tried the story mode demo of EOU1 since that was something new, but I have a pretty good idea of what to expect this time so I'll just wait for the full game since I'm gonna get it anyway.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
FYI - some gremlins messed up the EO2U demo date. I think we're trying to get it set for Thursday. So sorry!

It was those fucking cacti's fault.

And for those saying they're gonna skip the demo, you should play it just to hear Chloe's voice actor :3. So good.

Nachos

FYI - some gremlins messed up the EO2U demo date. I think we're trying to get it set for Thursday. So sorry!

It was those fucking cacti's fault.

And for those saying they're gonna skip the demo, you should play it just to hear Chloe's voice actor :3. So good.

Just as I published the thread. ;_;

FluxWaveZ

They updated the sekaiju5.jp domain for the first time since it went up. It now redirects to the previously opened Etrian Odyssey 5 page instead of a blank page with small text on it.

Nachos

They updated the sekaiju5.jp domain for the first time since it went up. It now redirects to the previously opened Etrian Odyssey 5 page instead of a blank page with small text on it.
So, assuming they reveal it again soon, it'll probably be 3DS, unless they want to omit mentioning the platform again. But, even then, if they actually want to show off gameplay, I imagine they'd be hamstrung by needing to wait for Nintendo to reveal the NX and its specs first.

Great, more Tuesdays.

spiritfox

I wonder if they revealed it too early, or maybe it just got pushed back due to the NX. Or maybe they had to change the platform to iOS.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if they revealed it too early, or maybe it just got pushed back due to the NX. Or maybe they had to change the platform to iOS.

Same strategy they used with Persona 5: Teaser trailer into nothingness for several months (in Persona 5's case, it was 10 months and it's been 8 months since EOV was announced). No platform or release window is a bit weird, but I guess it might have been to reassure fans that the next mainline game is coming after all of these spin-offs and whatnot.

tuffy

I just assumed EOV was announced before they'd done any real work on it. Like how they announced an EO game was coming at the 3DS launch, but there wasn't much to show for a long time. Atlus likes to make an EO engine and then get a lot of mileage out of it, so I'm not expecting any platform jumps just yet.

Nachos

Atlus has gone from my favorite devs ever to:

• EVERYTHING IS PERSONA
  • STORY MODE IN ETRIAN ODYSSEY
  • What is SMT?
They better not let me down with this one.
Atlas? Is that the company with the bear-monkey thing from Shin Megami Tensei 4 as its mascot?

I really hope Atlus starts diversifying their portfolio again. They should just assemble some small teams to pump out experimental 3DS eShop/PSN games so that they make games as novel as Trauma Center, Etrian, and Radiant Historia were when they first came out. I mean, Etrian 1 was made by six people from Atlus and a few outside contractors. I want to see them be as daring as they were with Catherine, just on a smaller and even more frequent basis.

Oh right, Catherine was great, gotta give them credit for that one. Strange Journey was also amazing.

Thanks for reminding me that Trauma Center is DEEEADDDDDD.

Also, I haven't played Radiant Historia.

ohlawd

Locke is my husbando~

and the bad ends in that game are unintentionally hilarious. like the one with
Marco killing the rest of your team if you choose not to save his lady friend from torture

PK Gaming

Man fuck EO3, this game is impossible. I'm going to go back to Persona Q, thanks.

HA just kidding. I am absolutely loving this game. And thrashing it too! Took out the 4th stratum boss like it was nothing. Goodness, my Shogun is a lil game buster, isn't she? Who loves abusing Charge + Ring Sword + Dark Ether? We're taking primo fire power here (like taking out a FOE in one turn) Anyway, i'm on my way to the 5th stratum to kick some ass. Who's ass? I'm not sure, but there will be plenty of asskicking for sure.

Man fuck EO3, this game is impossible. I'm going to go back to Persona Q, thanks. .

Get the fuck ou-

HA just kidding. I am absolutely loving this game. And thrashing it too! Goodness, my Shogun is a lil game buster, isn't she? Who loves abusing Charge + Ring Sword + Dark Ether? Anyway, i'm on my way to the 5th stratum to kick some ass. Who's ass? I'm not sure, but there will be plenty of asskicking for sure

:D

The 5th Stratum is fucking awesome.

I'll probably be going classic for EO2U this time. I just couldn't finish EOU's story, it was so weak in comparison to EOIV lol

Story mode is shit, and at least they handled it well in 2U by not having exclusive stuff aside of the Fafnir class.

We even get Highlander in Classic which is pretty nice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still think playing Story mode first is the right way to go in Untold 1. Just stop as soon as you beat the game, import those fools to Classic, and do all the content in that. Think of Story mode as a trial run.

My dream for an Untold 3 is that story mode and classic mode are the same damn thing; skippable cutscenes with the story mode characters and open registration to your guild so you can bench their asses and sub them with farmers.

Nachos

Anyway, i'm on my way to the 5th stratum to kick some ass. Who's ass? I'm not sure, but there will be plenty of asskicking for sure.
If the 4th stratum didn't teach you that you need volt wall/prophecy, the 5th stratum is going to be even more clear about it. Also be ready to play kick the can.

Of course I'm going to play classic, who the fuck do you think I am?

Someone who clearly appreciates the cute Highlander girl
47270647_p0.jpg
47270647_p1.jpg
There is no where near enough fanart of her, I'm sad

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Why is the 3DS eshop having a 4% off for Etrian Mystery Dungeon lol...

Canadian eshop by the way...

It would have been nice if they still let you create new characters in the Story mode. Just handwave it with a single line somewhere saying "This labyrinth thing sure will be tough, we may need a few extra helping hands." have it unlock after the end of the first stratum, and then just completely divorce them from the story.

Look; all I'm really trying to say is that I don't want a god damned Medic on my team, Simon.

Top Bottom