• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Zweizer

Banned
buckle down, guys. it's story time.

Official Square Enix E3 Hype Video

it was all thanks to this thread. the video uses a terrible remix of Frog's Theme but it doesn't matter because the original is also bad.

I posted this

got tagged sometime after, my and other peoples' reactions were

lol post 130 lol

Haha, you deserved it.

(I'd bet it was Aeana~)

the tag is a quote by Frog. Magus is an antagonist of CT. not related to Mau-chan

I know, but it's an interesting coincidence nevertheless.

Nachos

I FINALLY BEAT PRIMEVAL!
wbuXGFH.jpg
...And it wasn't nearly as fulfilling as I thought it'd be. Really nice of Atlus to make an attack that has a high chance of instantly killing you, without giving you many ways of dealing with it, especially when you need to make the long trek from floors 26 to 30 all over again. I guess I should count my blessings, considering I could've been even more unlucky.

Still, I finally beat all six stratums, after sitting on the post-game for eight years. All in all, I think there are aspects to the game that are better than they've been in the rest of the series, but I'm willing to forego those in favor of all the refinements Atlus has made to everything else. I do wish they'd revisit the original, though, because adding some of the lessons from there and Persona Q could make for a really great game.

Now to wait for 2 Untold to come out.

Nachos

Was there any news about Untold 2 from E3 so far?
No clue, but some random YouTube channel uploaded a new trailer before Atlus' official one did.

I posted this elsewhere already, but I think this is the main cast:
Fafnir - Matthew Mercer
Arianna - Carrie Keranen
Flavio - Robbie Daymond
Bertrand - Liam O'Brien
Chloe - Cherami Leigh

Congratulations! Now try to complete the codex and the compendium~
Yeah...I'll get right on that.
jZjb8f0.jpg

Shizuka

Good Luck,
from start to finish should include the post game.

Nice avatar btw.

Don't worry, I intend to clear the game and everything in it. And thanks!

Which game are you planning to play? I recommend EO4 as it is the most balanced and not overly difficult.

Play the first one!

(Untold Classic Mode Expert is an acceptable alternative.)

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going with Untold's story mode. I've tried EO4 before, but since I've gotten disoriented when the game opened up after the first ten hours, I'm going with something more streamlined at first, work from there.

Shizuka

streamlined?

what the fuck does that even mean?

stream·lined (strēm′līnd′)
adj.
a. Designed or arranged to offer the least resistance to fluid flow.
b. Reduced to essentials; lacking anything extra.
c. Effectively organized or simplified: a streamlined method of production.
2. Having flowing, graceful lines; sleek: a streamlined convertible.
3. Improved in appearance or efficiency; modernized.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/streamlined

ohlawd

yeah no I know what that means. You can't call EOU story mode more streamlined (more streamlined? ugh I don'tlike that use of more) than EOIV's story mode. that's complete nonsense

at least you're still playing an EO. that's better than nothing

Nachos

Unless you absolutely need characters with personality in your party, I'd still recommend trying classic mode for the first few floors.

I can see someone preferring Untold's more linear structure, since it gives you a better barometer of how you're progressing.

Go with whichever one's more fun to you, though.

Zweizer

Banned
See Zwei, that's what you get for recommending people to get Untold instead of 4.

Untold was heaven and hell. I suggested heaven. Shizuka picked hell.

( T _ T)

Story mode was a mistake, it's nothing but Trash.

So you say, but you're still gonna play Untold 2's Story mode~

yeah no I know what that means. You can't call EOU story mode more streamlined (more streamlined? ugh I don'tlike that use of more) than EOIV's story mode. that's complete nonsense

It is, in the sense that there's far more railroading in Untold Story mode.

omlet

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going with Untold's story mode. I've tried EO4 before, but since I've gotten disoriented when the game opened up after the first ten hours, I'm going with something more streamlined at first, work from there.
On the plus side, starting with EOU Story Mode means you will be able to carry over your story mode party to your classic mode NG+ which saves you from having to do a third playthrough if you started with classic.

Mmm, actually you really can. EOU story mode is like "go here, ok go here next, then go here." You don't really get that in classic mode in any game. Classic mode is more like "here are some labyrinths, have at 'em, champ," even in EOIV. I mean, all of the games, classic mode or otherwise, are all straightforward in the sense of being practically impossible to get "lost" in since the rule of thumb is "have I explored this area yet? no? then that's where I should be going right now," EOU story mode has that feeling of being a more guided experience than classic mode.

Shizuka

On the plus side, starting with EOU Story Mode means you will be able to carry over your story mode party to your classic mode NG+ which saves you from having to do a third playthrough if you started with classic.

That's great to know, now I'm glad I chose to go with Story mode first. So far so good, one of the most polished games I've seen on the 3DS.

omlet

Last time I read it was when it was posted and still work in progress, going to read it again now.

Added the EOU part of the FAQ a while back because questions about it come up so often. I just now adjusted some of the wording a bit to be more specific about some things since EO2U is on the horizon now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My personal likelihood of playing EO2U's story mode is directly proportional to the number of characters in my party that are from post apocalyptic Canada.

spiritfox

Finally bought a New 3DS XL. I was hoping for an announcement or something during E3, but I needed a replacement so meh. If the New 3DS does come out I guess I'll trade in the XL.

Hopefully the transfer goes well. >.<

EDIT: CUTEST PROGRESS BAR EVER

Zweizer

Banned
Cover image for the Etrian Mystery Dungeon artbook:

I personally would have preferred that they gave it a dedicated cover picture instead of reusing the promo art. Oh well, it still looks nice enough.

As a reminder, the artbook will be available June 27th.

PK Gaming

Emergency!

I've reached a point in EO3 where
I must choose who to side with. Do I stay true to my roots and aid Armoroad, or do I side with my deep city bros? My gut tells me to side with the latter, but I'm not sure. I'm just looking for a happy ending.

Anteo

Emergency!

I must choose who to side with. Do I stay true to my roots and aid Armoroad, or do I side with my deep city bros? My gut tells me to side with the latter, but I'm not sure. I'm just looking for a happy ending.

Happy ending?
I'm sorry, this is EO. You will fell bad regardless.
In my first playthrough I sided with the deep city
, they made a lot of sense, if the enemies feed on the fear of the people, we really dont need to tell everyone.

Now, there is a third ending but... you needed to do some stuff upon reaching the deep city so...
I think Ohlawd got the third ending on his first and only playthrough, but he is weird and doesnt count

Edit: Modified the spoiler tag

PK Gaming

What do you mean "this is EO" EOIV had a... oh, I see.

Well I didn't click on your spoilers, but I guess I just have to suck it up and pick a side, huh.

Anteo

What do you mean "this is EO" EOIV had a... oh, I see.

Well I didn't click on your spoilers, but I guess I just have to suck it up and pick a side, huh.

The first sentence is safe I think, I just said which said I choose and why, pretty sure the game already told you the point of view of each city

Also, iirc, the only thing EOIV killed were random guards, I was really expecting to lose some NPC like Whirlwind in the middle of the game.

Zweizer

Banned
Emergency!

Go with whatever you want, though I'd personally suggest Armoroad
because it unlocks Shogun, which is a much better class than the other one.

You can then go for either the Deep City route or the True end in a second playthrough.

Although you can go for the True ending in your first playthrough, it's rather complicated.

You'll need at least
three
playthroughs regardless if you want to unlock everything.

ohlawd

why are you calling me weird ;_;

I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna get around making multiple runs so I made sure I got the best possible one on my first go

Top Bottom