• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale 'Big in Japan' starts this week (ZoE 1+2 HD @ £6)

Dachande

Fuck yes, was planning on picking up ZOE HD after that godly patch. Haven't played the second since it originally came out on the PS2.

Everyone who hasn't played Demon's Souls should pick it up at that price. Game will go down as one of the classics of this generation.

Hmm. In that case how bout a retro action-platformer+RPG+Horror pack?

Megaman 9 or 10+Silent Hill+Vagrant Story :D
actually i just finished watching videos of megaman 9 and 10 before reading your post ! im interested, i heard vagrant story ws a great game but never tried it

If you have people to play games with offline then consider getting:
Super-sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars @ 0.79 Pounds
Under Defeat HD if you like (twin stick) Shoot'em-ups @ 11 Pounds
Warriors Orochi 3 @ 11 Pounds
Castlevania

...TBH I'm a fighting game fan which is why I highlighted the fighting games ^^;

I tried the demo of SSARPBC and it was fun but I think I'd give up on the game after playing half an hour. As you said it must be fun with friends though. I don't know any other game you mentioned except Castlevania so I'll check them out

thanks for your suggestions

Tizoc

Just remember that all PSX games on EU PSN are 50 Hz, and Square games were the worst offenders by actually being slower than their NTSC couterparts.

Xater

So is Corpse Party worth getting? Is it just a story experience or is there actual gameplay worth the admission?

Tizoc

So is Corpse Party worth getting? Is it just a story experience or is there actual gameplay worth the admission?

There's gameplay, but it may just be the first game that makes you shit your pants at seeing a blue character sprite onscreen.

Empty

grabbing Zoe for sure

what do people like so much about corpse party? all the mentions here have me interested.

Holy shit. Is this really happening? Did the EU/UK finally get a halfway decent sale?

Some good games there, some are a tiny bit overpriced though.

Tizoc

Mostly story and athmosphere. Don't buy for gameplay.

There are puzzles though if not many...and don't you dare tell me
avoiding the little blue ghost kid wasn't one of the most irritating and scary stuff you've done in a video game!

Can someone 100% confirm (as in: has downloaded it themselves) that the EU PSN version of ZOE 2 HD has the patch? I'm still seeing conflicting reports.

Tizoc

Can someone 100% confirm (as in: has downloaded it themselves) that the EU PSN version of ZOE 2 HD has the patch? I'm still seeing conflicting reports.

The EU ver. of ZoE 2 HD was the first ver. of the game on PS3 to get updated =P

Tu101uk

So the ZoE 2 part of the HD collection is patched, correct? What about ZoE 1? Any game-breaking glitches or performance issues?

Been meaning to get the HD collection, played ZoE 1 on the PS2 but I wanna play both 1 and 2 in HD glory.

Will probably dip for MM 9 and 10 and some of the fighting game stuff too. Great sale!

The EU ver. of ZoE 2 HD was the first ver. of the game on PS3 to get updated =P

It's available in NZ, so I find that hard to believe.

Ok ok. :p I don't want to spread misinformation, I just thought it was weird that several posts mentiones that the patch wasn't up in AU.

For example: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632695-zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection/67021092

Yeah it's GameFAQs, but still.

EDIT: They might be uninformed and talking about ZOE 1.
We can probably just ignore that then.

Tizoc

So the ZoE 2 part of the HD collection is patched, correct? What about ZoE 1? Any game-breaking glitches or performance issues?

Been meaning to get the HD collection, played ZoE 1 on the PS2 but I wanna play both 1 and 2 in HD glory.

Will probably dip for MM 9 and 10 and some of the fighting game stuff too. Great sale!

ZoE1 HD is OK, graphics look nice but frame rate is iffy at some parts. I managed to play it just fine myself personally.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Dayum, I wish we got sales this good on the other side of the ocean. Not by how much % off it is offered, but by the selection of games. I see Ys, Guilty Gear, Under Defeat, and so many other good games. I wish I could be salty, but SCEA is so bad that I just can't care anymore.

Simzyy

Picked up Catherine. Hope I enjoy the puzzle stuff.

Might pick up VLR too but just brought Final Fantasy VI so should really finish that first.

Tizoc

Picked up Catherine. Hope I enjoy the puzzle stuff.

Might pick up VLR too but just brought Final Fantasy VI so should really finish that first.

Wait do u have the PAL or NTSC ver. of FF6? Cuz the load times are long in that game, and I worry they are worse in the PAL ver. =V

Dayum, I wish we got sales this good on the other side of the ocean. Not by how much % off it is offered, but by the selection of games. I see Ys, Guilty Gear, Under Defeat, and so many other good games. I wish I could be salty, but SCEA is so bad that I just can't care anymore.

Dude EU may get better PS+ services but US has by far the better sales.

Simzyy

Wait do u have the PAL or NTSC ver. of FF6? Cuz the load times are long in that game, and I worry they are worse in the PAL ver. =V

PAL. Yeah I thought the load times were a bit ridiculous. Not sure how they compare with the NTSC version. I imagine the same.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Xater said:
You can think of it like a 2D Silent Hill game without the combat and actual branching story-paths(not just endings).
And atmosphere is one of the best in horror too - the 2d presentation actually works to its advantage there.

tsab

Does anyone know if the saves and or trophies for the disc version of child of eden is cross compatible with the digital one?

I want the digital version because I am lazy but am too lazy to play it from the start

1st world problems

Gonna get both corpse party games, if my memory card will allow it (curse you giant killzone patch). Kinda glad atelier totori isn't on, given I only got it about a week and a half ago I may have cried inside

derExperte

Does anyone know if the saves and or trophies for the disc version of child of eden is cross compatible with the digital one?

I want the digital version because I am lazy but am too lazy to play it from the start

1st world problems

Are there games for which that isn't the case? I jumped from Vanquish Disc to digital with no problem.

Ath

Bought Grandia. Still has one of my favourite main themes of all time, Noriyuki Iwadare is the man.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me what size the two ZoE games are?
Wanted to get the collection physical, but dayum that's a nice price...

Top Bottom