• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale 'Big in Japan' starts this week (ZoE 1+2 HD @ £6)

Tizoc

Been waiting for a Vagrant Story sale.

You may want to get it off US PSN instead...
Vagrant Story. I thought the game itself was shit, with impossible to nail timings. It was much, much later that I learnt about the whole conversion business.
Let's just say that I consider VG to be one of the best Square games, once I got the proper NTSC version.

ViviOggi

Is there a way to find out about the differences between regional stores, mainly for PS1 games in regards to language and censorship? Made the mistake of impulse purchasing MediEvil and Syphon Filter through the German store when they were on sale, both are localized horribly while the latter's also got the 90s BPjS' favorite, the classic green blood.

Tizoc

Is there a way to find out about the differences between regional stores, mainly for PS1 games in regards to language and censorship? Made the mistake of impulse purchasing MediEvil and Syphon Filter through the German store when they were on sale, both are localized horribly while the latter's also got the 90s BPjS' favorite, the classic green blood.

As a general rule of thumb: If you want PSX games get them from US or JPN PSN.
...as for learning about regional differences, I sadly don't know of any sites or links for them.

Tizoc

Thanks. Too bad this sale is EU only.

As for JP PSX games there's probably nothing better than this sadly discontinued list, is there?

Perfect!

JPN PSN gets one or two new PSX classics at least every month, but the selection has increased since that list.
Non the less thanks for that GAF post, been wanting to get some PSX classics off JPN PSN haha.

Tizoc

Bump~
The sale will end on Wednesday so best to make your purchases asap.
UK and EU PSN update much earlier than US PSN usually does, so if you're unable to get anything you want any time soon, you have up til Tuesday at least.

Tizoc

Come on EU GAF, today may be the last chance to buy the stuff on sale!
If you want some fighting game goodness, def. get JoJo and Darkstalkers, and let your jaw drop in awe at the magnificent 2D animation of these classics~

Incidently enough, seems the next sale may be 'War' themed as I saw a link to it a few days ago and it had SPACE MUHREEN and it's DLC among the list of discounts.

Nordicus

You may want to get it off US PSN instead...
Ooohhh, so no wonder I had such a miserable time timing combos in Vagrant Story around a year ago when I bought it. Might still be that I just suck but hey.

Anyway, I took advantage of the Guilty Gear Judgment sale. It might not have some of the modes from GG XX #Reload's PS2 version, but hey, beat-em up and a (nostalgic) fighting game in one package? For this price I'm not complaining

Top Bottom