• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Sale Feb - WD 2, Dishonored 2 & More *Update* Final Fantasy now added

Bishop89

psblog

psprices

15TH FEB EDIT: Final Fantasy sale has been added. Will go for as long as the other active sales, 22nd Feb.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Promotion (15/02/17 – 22/02/17)

FINAL FANTASY XV
FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition
FINAL FANTASY® X/X-2 HD Remaster
FINAL FANTASY® VII
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY®
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ HD
FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ Collecto...
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn™ Standard...
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™
FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™ – Collector...
Final Fantasy®
Final Fantasy® II
FINAL FANTASY® III
FINAL FANTASY®IV: Complete Collection
Final Fantasy® V
Final Fantasy® VI
Final Fantasy® VIII
Final Fantasy® IX
FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2
FINAL FANTASY® XIII LIGHTNING RETURNS™
DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY
DISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY®
FINAL FANTASY Tactics®: War of Lions

February savings (until 22/02/17)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Gold Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Digital Deluxe
Dishonored 2
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass
Destiny – The Collection Upgrade
Destiny: The Taken King
Destiny® – The Collection
Mafia III
Mafia III Deluxe Edition
UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief's End Digital Edition
Far Cry Primal
FAR CRY PRIMAL – APEX EDITION
BioShock: The Collection
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ Legion Edition
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™-Game of the Year Edition
Trackmania® Turbo
Just Cause 3
Just Cause 3 XL Edition
Farming Simulator 15
WWE 2K17
WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe
Killing Floor 2
Project CARS
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Hearts of Stone
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation Season Pass
Alien: Isolation The Collection
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
MXGP2 – Season Pass
MXGP2 – Special Edition
MXGP2 – The Official Motocross Videogame
MXGP2 – The Official Motocross Videogame Compact
LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham
LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham PREMIUM EDITION
LEGO® Jurassic World™
LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes
LEGO® The Hobbit
One Piece Burning Blood
Prototype® Biohazard Bundle
Prototype®2
PROTOTYPE™
Atelier Sophie
WWE 2K17 Accelerator Pack
WWE 2K17 MyPLayerKickstart
WWE 2K17 NXT Enhancement Pack
WWE 2K17 Goldberg pack
A.O.T. Wings of Freedom
Adam's Venture: Origins
Adam's Venture: Origins – Deluxe Edition
Air Conflicts Vietnam Ultimate Edition
Alekhine's Gun
BLADESTORM: Nightmare
Casey Powell Lacrosse 16
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Industry Giant 2
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures – Eyes of Heaven
J-Stars Victory VS+
Lichdom: Battlemage
Loading Human™: Chapter 1
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle
Moto Racer 4
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure – Deluxe Edition
Reus – Deluxe Edition
ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS XIII
Rugby Challenge 3
Saints Row Metro Double Pack
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Snoopy's Grand Adventure
THE CREW® CALLING ALL UNITS
The Crew® Ultimate Edition
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV
The LEGO® Movie Videogame
The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
Tony Hawk's® Pro Skater™ 5
Tour de France 2016
Transformers: Devastation
TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Edition
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate
WRC 5 eSports Edition
Yesterday Origins

Digital discounts (until 22/02/17)

DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours
Grim Fandango Remastered
Guns, Gore and Cannoli
Grow Home
Grow Up
Plague Inc: Evolved
Retro City Rampage™ DX
Table Top Racing: World Tour
Table Top Racing World Tour: Tropical Ice Pack
Armello™
TowerFall Ascension
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES™
Coffin Dodgers
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shantae: Risky's Revenge – Director's Cut
NECROPOLIS: A Diabolical Dungeon Delve
AQUA KITTY – Milk Mine Defender DX
Binaries
Bridge Constructor
Crystal Rift
Dangerous Golf™
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours : Cave DLC Pack
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours : Sega DLC Pack
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours : Taito DLC Pack
Gone Home
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut
SHU
Sky Force Anniversary
Strike Vector EX
Super Dungeon Bros
The World of Nubla

Star Wars game and movie offers (until 21/02/17)

Get 50% off Star Wars Battlefront (Standard Edition) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens HD when you buy both at the same time and enter the dedicated promotional code at the checkout. Terms & Conditions apply.
*Offer only available in UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain

PS3 and PS Vita savings (22/02/17)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
Call of Duty®: Black Ops III
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ Legion Edition
WWE 2K17
WWE 2K17 Digital Deluxe
Mafia II
BioShock
BioShock 2 Complete Pack
BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition
RDR Undead Nightmare
Max Payne 3
Max Payne 3 Complete
J-Stars Victory VS+
Spec Ops: The Line
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours
LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes – Deutsch
LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes – Français
LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham
LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham Premium Edition
LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 5-7
LEGO® Jurassic World™
LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes
LEGO® Ninjago™: Nindroids™
LEGO® Ninjago™: Shadow of Ronin
LEGO® The Hobbit
LEGO® The Lord of the Rings™
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
Atelier Sophie
Bound by Flame
Contrast
Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition
ONE PIECE : Pirate Warriors
ONE PIECE : Pirate Warriors – Grand Line Edition
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 Empires
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
The Darkness II
Tour de France 2015
TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Gold Editi...
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate
Transformers Franchise Pack

LittleBigPlanet DLC (until 22/02/17)

Abe costume
Back to the Future costume pack 2
Battlestar Galactica costume pack
Beyond: Two Souls costume pack
Bioshock Infinite costume pack
Bloodborne costume
DC Comics costume pack 3
DC Comics season pass
Doctor Who Fourth Doctor costume pack
Football asset pack
Galahad costume
God of War III costume pack
Gravity Rush costume pack
Hidden Animals costume pack
LittleBigPlanet mega pack
Media Molecule 10th Birthday costume pack
MGSV: The Phantom Pain costume pack
Seaside Surprise level kit
Spongebob Squarepants premium level kit
Tearaway mini pack
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costume pack
The Good Dinosaur costume pack
Tiki Paradise level kit
Velocity 2X costume
Warriors of the World costume pack 1

Is The Crew any good? My son wanted to play/watch me play a racing game the other day and I was considering picking it up. I have shown him GTAV because it has a wonderful range of vehicles and he loves motorbikes/dumper trucks/tractors/trains, but even trying to play sensibly can very easily end up either with the character dying or with the police in pursuit, shooting (he's only 3), so it's not really appropriate!

I was considering The Crew instead, which as I understand it started off a bit crap but improved a lot with patches and content updates.

Anyway, I don't see much else that interests me, but I'll have a check over my wishlist and see if there's anything I missed.

EDIT - it's been a while since I played LBP3, but I think I might have to pick up the Gravity Rush and Velocity 2X DLC costumes!

Bishop89

Is The Crew any good? My son wanted to play/watch me play a racing game the other day and I was considering picking it up. I have shown him GTAV because it has a wonderful range of vehicles and he loves motorbikes/dumper trucks/tractors/trains, but even trying to play sensibly can very easily end up either with the character dying or with the police in pursuit, shooting (he's only 3), so it's not really appropriate!

I was considering The Crew instead, which as I understand it started off a bit crap but improved a lot with patches and content updates.

Anyway, I don't see much else that interests me, but I'll have a check over my wishlist and see if there's anything I missed.

EDIT - it's been a while since I played LBP3, but I think I might have to pick up the Gravity Rush and Velocity 2X DLC costumes!

Trackmania?

I have not played it but it looks like a fun racing type game.

Tizoc

The Crew is a pretty cool driving game.
You must be always online to play it though but you can drive all around the USA in any vehicle you want. The driving is pretty arcade like but is an pretty good game despite it's always online aspect.

danowat

Banned

It's really good, a great open world driving game, with some real diversity, it's pretty cool visiting real world landmarks.

It's got some tasty MMO hooks too if that's your bag.

GLAMr

Is The Crew any good? My son wanted to play/watch me play a racing game

*snip*

I would suggest giving Sleeping Dogs a try (I think it's on sale for a few more hours). Plenty of vehicles to drive round in, pretty scenery and the police aren't as aggressive.

It's also a staggeringly excellent game... But the main plot and environmental kills would be way too much for a 3 year old.

Playstation EU killing it with sales.

I've bought Alien: Isolation and Fall of Cybertron so far.

I'm assuming Rise of the Dark Spark is nowhere near comparable in terms of quality?

I would suggest giving Sleeping Dogs a try (I think it's on sale for a few more hours). Plenty of vehicles to drive round in, pretty scenery and the police aren't as aggressive.

It's also a staggeringly excellent game... But the main plot and environmental kills would be way too much for a 3 year old.

Already have Sleepy Dawgs, but it's not so good at just allowing free driving around wide open areas. Plus, I don't think I've got it currently downloaded.

Matush

IIRC, there is The Crew Timed trial, try it out for yourself. Also Trackmania is way too hard in later stages (at least for me) as it requires perfect precision.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Might give Far Cry Primal a shot.
I've been playing this recently, I think it's excellent and really under appreciated.

If you do get it, play in Survivor mode with as little HUD as you're comfortable with. It's a separate option from difficulty (I play on normal) which makes the game far more interesting with some light sim elements.

Playing this way forces you to be aware of your environment at all times, and the sound design lets you locate animals, enemies and their level of aggression accurately. Perfect game to play with headphones, especially at night time which can get brilliantly tense when you're getting stalked by predators.

not much of a sales where you can get retail for same price :p

DISHONORED 2 PSN 29,99
DSHONORED 2 LIMITED EDITION SHOPTO with DISHONORED DEFINITIVE EDITION 26,86

nice deals :)

is it time to buy The Witcher 3 Season Pass, load up the main game, Meet Yennifer on Skellige and find bloody Ciri? I've forgotten everything about actually playing that game but I am tempted as I know the expansions are top quality - the game is great it was just too much lol so why am I thinking on adding more? Sales they will get me everytime.

fritzon

Neo Member

Go to Director Mode and turn off pedestrians, Wanted Levels and Restricted Areas. Oh and turn on invisibility. I've been playing that way with my son for a long time and as long we restrict ourselves to just pick up parked vehicle's we've more or less reduced the violence to an absolute zero.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is it time to buy The Witcher 3 Season Pass, load up the main game, Meet Yennifer on Skellige and find bloody Ciri? I've forgotten everything about actually playing that game but I am tempted as I know the expansions are top quality - the game is great it was just too much lol so why am I thinking on adding more? Sales they will get me everytime.

yes! the expansions are fantastic. i paid £20 for the season pass and got easily about 60 hours of new gameplay. Hearts of Stone was about 20 hours and Blood & Wine was about 40 hours. HoS expands one of the existing maps and has a great story. Blood & Wine's story isn't as good but still really enjoyable and it adds an entirely new map. It could easily be a game of it's own. When I say it took me 40 hours it could easily have been longer because I played at launch and experienced some bugs that blocked some quests and some I just missed because I didn't explore well enough.

you still have a bit left to go in the main story. when i visited skellige i was 70 hours in and total playtime was 110 hours. if you've got this far then you should finish it off. you don't need to finish the main game to access the expansions but it will be tough. you should be at least lvl 30 before doing them i think.

JP

Will pick up Rugby Challenge 3 for £24.99, wasn't willing to pay full price for it.

I know it's not the greatest game in the world but as a massive Rugby and WRC fan I have a recent history of buying "not the greatest game in the world" and making the most out of them. DIRT Rally is the only exception to that rule over the past few years.

bombshell

I heard far cry primal is the exact same map layout as far cry 4.

Is that true?

I think it was proven true, but I've been playing through it for the past week and I would never have given it a thought myself. The environment is very different and the complete lack of roads means it's even harder to see similarities. If you enjoyed FC3 and/or 4 you'll enjoy this too. The lack of guns is refreshing.

Osahi

Bought Guns, Gore & Canelloni. It's a Belgian game, so that makes it a bit more special to me and seeing it discounted I finally realized I still had to pick it up.

Contemplating getting Blood & Wine, but it would only end up on the backlog, with a very slim chance of me actually getting around to play and finish it.

Lucifon

To Just Cause 3 or not... Originally had it on XB1 but the performance killed it for me, has the Pro patch really improved things? It was the fact the game just completely slowed down in any major firefights that drove me nuts. Then again not sure whether to really support the game given that they completely ignored the performance issues and just continued to release DLC without even addressing the game's technical issues.

you still have a bit left to go in the main story. when i visited skellige i was 70 hours in and total playtime was 110 hours. if you've got this far then you should finish it off. you don't need to finish the main game to access the expansions but it will be tough. you should be at least lvl 30 before doing them i think.

Yeah I did travel to Skellige, meet Yennifer and now have to meet her again to find out about something fishy going on?? it's been a while. I do plan on going back to it so I am 95% of the way to buying the Expansion on Sale. I'll let it sit another few hours as I go about my day but I'll most likely be back to Geralt soon. Will have to relearn everything lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i want to get destiny. i have all expansions except for Rise of Iron.

"Destiny - The Collection Upgrade" is £24.99 and "Rise of Iron" is £24.99

what is the difference? should I just get Rise of Iron?

ffvorax

Man... I could buy PES for 19€... I would have no doubt usually, but right now I already have many games to play... :\ (and Persona 5 preordered)

So I'm not sure I will have time to play also PES...

I see I have time until the 23rd of February, I will think about it.

Going to suggest Witcher3 and UC4 to a friend for sure!

Freeman76

I bought the crew for a fiver and consider that a waste. Fair enough maybe its your thing but there are far better racing games out there than that. The handling is pants, its average looking at best, and generally deserves all the poor reviews it got. Thats is of course my opinion which means fuck all in the grand scheme of it since you dont know me from Adam lol.

RAWRferal

It was pretty much fine without it, unless you went mental with a full grid of a million cars in wet weather.

So... Its good? Been getting a racing itch lately, I bought Driveclub recently, but it hasn't really scratched it - although by all means it's a good game.

danowat

Banned
So... Its good? Been getting a racing itch lately, I bought Driveclub recently, but it hasn't really scratched it - although by all means it's a good game.

It has problems, if you have a wheel, you're golden, if you don't and have to use a pad, you may find yourself chewing the door frames of your house, if you don't want to put a ton of hours into tweaking the controls to your liking.

If you do manage to get them down, it's a very good racer.

cooldawn

I bought the crew for a fiver and consider that a waste. Fair enough maybe its your thing but there are far better racing games out there than that. The handling is pants, its average looking at best, and generally deserves all the poor reviews it got. Thats is of course my opinion which means fuck all in the grand scheme of it since you dont know me from Adam lol.
The Crew isn't strictly a racing game. It has 'racing' experiences but the core game is upgrading and exploration. For that, it's immensely good.

What The Crew does have though is the best driving roads and the best sense of place. It feels flawed yet lovingly crafted. Some of the scenes are amazing to look at and it's quite fun to boot.

Well worth a discounted price.

Every sale feels the same. I'm not complaining beacuse I like cheaper games, but it's always the same ones on offer for the most part.

Tizoc

Is that true?

It uses FC4's world but has it in a prehistoric setting of sorts.
Grab it if you want your fix of uninspired Ubisoft open world game design.

Dommel

Hopefully Mafia 3 gets a discount on this parts.

Still on the fence about Mafia 3, even for €34,99.

Or is it worth it at that price? Love open world games in general but heard this one is very repetitive after the opening.

danowat

Banned
Still on the fence about Mafia 3, even for €34,99.

Or is it worth it at that price? Love open world games in general but heard this one is very repetitive after the opening.

Yes, well worth it IMO, one of my favourite games of last year.

It can be repetitive, but you can mitigate that by choosing to do the bare minimum of racket missions (effectively just do the ones with the biggest returns), plus the mechanics are good enough that the game holds up even with the repetition.

Ilmyr

I just own a PS4 for less than 2 months, so how often do these sales occur?
Are there even bigger sales equivalent to the Steam holiday sale that are worth waiting for?

I just own a PS4 for less than 2 months, so how often do these sales occur?
Are there even bigger sales equivalent to the Steam holiday sale that are worth waiting for?

They usually have sales every fortnight, but there are certain times, mostly like Christmas, Easter etc. where they have more frequent sales. They start on Wednesday, and end at midnight two weeks later, so if you have credit on your account, you can wait to see if the following week has anything good, then buy something from the current sale if it doesn't.

The sales have gotten a lot better in recent years. You don't get as many huge price drops like Steam, but there's a larger ratio of high quality games compared to that. Plus, a lot of indie games are cross play across all platforms, which is a cool bonus.

The main problem is that for every good sale, they have their monthly Battlefield 4 and Hardline sale.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

Is that true?
It uses the same topography as a base, but everything on top of it is different. It doesn't feel at all the same during play. You would never know without seeing the maps side by side.

I was thinking about upgrading to Retro City Rampage DX after being reminded of its sequel in that 16-bit indie game topic, so for that price it's perfect timing. I'd be stupid not to, I loved the original. Looking forward to playing it on the PSP4.

Top Bottom