• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ive never done this before, but I feel like making a few small bets online, just to test the waters.

Im in the US.

Any recommendations? Never done betting before.

And by small, I mean something like $10 for croatia to win the tournament.

BELIEVE

Arjen

bjaelke

So Ive never done this before, but I feel like making a few small bets online, just to test the waters.

Im in the US.

Any recommendations? Never done betting before.

And by small, I mean something like $10 for croatia to win the tournament.

BELIEVE
First you should spend some time reconsidering that bet, then you should compare odds here: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/winner

You'll be asked to open an account at one of the online betting sites. I recommend you look for the free* bets here: http://www.oddschecker.com/free-bets.html

*Welcome bonus/Promotion. It does require that you deposit and/or play for a certain amount of money before you can withdraw the winnings to your bank account.

Jokab

So what does GAF think of this fantasy team? Modric is the captain:

isBKcycYkdr2n.png

So what does GAF think of this fantasy team? Modric is the captain:

http://i.minus.com/isBKcycYkdr2n.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Gomez will not start for us (thanks, Jogi)

And Spain-GAF who's supposed to start as striker? Llorente or Torres? Or even Negredo? Is their some kind of unofficial but likely order?

Jokab

Gomez will not start for us (thanks, Jogi)

And Spain-GAF who's supposed to start as striker? Llorente or Torres? Or even Negredo? Is their some kind of unofficial but likely order?

What leads you to believe Gomez won't start? He's had one hell of a season after all, you think Klose's gonna take that spot or what? Surely Müller won't be first choice.

What leads you to believe Gomez won't start? He's had one hell of a season after all, you think Klose's gonna take that spot or what? Surely Müller won't be first choice.

Klose is the striker number one. It's pretty clear, Gomez only plays when Klose gets a rest or is injured.
because he can't actually play football lol

Chuckie

Well according to a Dutch newspaper the 'fun' has begun.

Hardcore supporters of Wisla Krakow ruined the training of the Dutch team. Despite the enthousiasm shown by most of the people in the stadium, the staff of Oranje felt it was obliged to act [move the players to another part of the field] after supporters were making monkey-sounds.

'At least now we know what to expect. Great atmosphere' Dutch coach Van Marwijk said cynically.

Kabouter

Not surprised in the least :/. I hate Platini for saying players walking off for racism will get them a yellow card. We all know refs don't do enough when there's racism on the stands. International football organisations keep saying 'say no to racism', which is a great message, but I really wish their actions would actually reflect that statement.

Yep just saw that as well. Good thing Blatter or Platini hasn't been out saying something extremely dumb today yet... Oh? Well fuck.

International football organisations keep saying 'say no to racism', which is a great message, but I really wish their actions would actually reflect that statement.

They gotta wash their hands somehow while they are giving the euros and world cups to Ukraine, Russia and Poland. It's disgusting.

Kiraly

Disgusting racist bastards. , what are they gonna do about this during games?

Nothing, Platini said players will receive yellow if they leave the pitch on their own accord and we all know the ref's are too pressed by the UEFA to keep things going that they won't make any decision whatsoever.

Why does everyone posting regularly in this thread seem Dutch? :( Where is the national banter guys Ronaldo sucks and Gomez is a nobhead

Gambit

Klose is the striker number one. It's pretty clear, Gomez only plays when Klose gets a rest or is injured.
because he can't actually play football lol

As a friend of mine keeps saying "Gomez scores so many goals, imagine how maby he would score if he could actually play football".

Disclaimer: I think Gomez has improved a lot over the last two years already and quite like him. (when he's confident)

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I watched an interesting BBC documentary about racism in Poland and the Ukraine during matches.

How did UEFA let these countries host such a prestigious tournament knowing is was such a big issue there?

I guess Poland is cracking down, but the Ukraine isn't. Ukraine seems to be more homoogenous though and the cops seem to care more about violence than racism.

Arjen

I watched an interesting BBC documentary about racism in Poland and the Ukraine during matches.

How did UEFA let these countries host such a prestigious tournament knowing is was such a big issue there?

I guess Poland is cracking down, but the Ukraine isn't. Ukraine seems to be more homoogenous though and the cops seem to care more about violence than racism.

Money.

Disgusting racist bastards. , what are they gonna do about this during games?

Well the way tickets has been given out I doubt too much is going to happen during the matches themselves. But the idiots can still make their voice be heard during training sessions like that and no doubt outside of the stadiums too.

Where is the national banter guys Ronaldo sucks and Gomez is a nobhead

No one feels like they need to say that. It's just facts.

Why do you think Qatar got the WC in 2022 and Russia in 2018...i can assure you it's not because of the great infrastructure in Russia and the dust storms in Qatar ;)

Oxx

There are bound to be hundreds of Italian fans that come out of the woodwork once the tournament starts.

And English moaning will sustain the thread no matter what happens.

dc89

Mertesacker has suffered an ankle injury in training following a collision with Boateng. Loew described it as a 'big problem'.

Feature

Banned
If balotelli walks of the field when the racist supporters start their shit, he'll be my hero. I can only hope the rest of his team will follow. Would be a good fuck you to the EUFA scumbags and will make them think twice of organising big tourneys in these racist filled backwards countries who do nothing to stop the racism.

zonezeus

If balotelli walks of the field when the racist supporters start their shit, he'll be my hero. I can only hope the rest of his team will follow. Would be a good fuck you to the EUFA scumbags and will make them think twice of organising big tourneys in these racist filled backwards countries who do nothing to stop the racism.

Now that is offensive as fuck, I seriously can't believe how easily some people dismiss A WHOLE COUNTRY as racist and backwards because of a very small vocal minority. How is this any different from neo-nazis and hools dismissing blacks, jews or asians as inferior to whites?

Can't believe this is already starting tomorrow. Seems like this isn't as anticipated in Holland as the World championship was 2 years ago. But that's probably just me living under a stone during these E3 times :lol

Feature

Banned
Now that is offensive as fuck, I seriously can't believe how easily some people dismiss A WHOLE COUNTRY as racist and backwards because of a very small vocal minority. How is this any different from neo-nazis and hools dismissing blacks, jews or asians as inferior to whites?

If your country does not do anything to stop the racism it's backwards as fk. When I say country I mean the people running it, not necessarely the people living in it.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

The BBC documentery I watched made a point to say it wasn the Ukraine or Poland that was racist. But the behavior at the matches in those countries was.

zonezeus

If your country does not do anything to stop the racism it's backwards as fk. When I say country I mean the people running it, not necessarely the people living in it.

Is closing stadiums because of hooligan outbreaks enough? Banning hools from matches? Fining them for racist and offensive remarks? Because all that and more is being done in Poland for years and still a lot of people put a "Racist and Backwards" tag on us without a second thought. I wouldn't call it racism, but still a little bit hypocritical.

Nyx

Saw that doc as well, it was terrible....

F#A#Oo

Banned
People love labels...

It's ironic that the BBC panorama was running its usual smear campaign on countries selected before England for prestigious sporting events.

Korea/Japan in 2002 links to yakuza and prostitution rings..Germany 2006 hooliganism...South Africa in 2010 poor stadiums, muggings, rapes, murder...and that's just for the world cup.

Prior to getting London 2012 Olympics they smeared Athens (won't finish on time etc) Sydney 2000 (building white elephants)

Instead they should concentrate on how Terry is coming to the Euros even though he shags his team-mates wives/girlfriends. He makes racists remarks towards fellow professionals and he forced the FA to make the situation worse by getting R. Ferdinand cast out of the team just because his brother was the one insulted while lesser players get picked. Making the English FA look like they themselves do not support the stamping out of racism.

Let's not go forget that every few years in Britain there riots which remind everyone that racism is still an issue in Britain. Last year for example. Birmingham in 2005. Bradford riots in 2001...

Just saw this posted on another forum:

The arguably best German defense line Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber - Schmelzer (which of course won't play) has not even played together once. Just why?

spidye

Just saw this posted on another forum:

The arguably best German defense line Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber - Schmelzer (which of course won't play) has not even played together once. Just why?

badstuber and hummels are the same player type (playmaking cb). dortmund and bayern have one cb who acts more defensively than those two and that's why their defense works. putting the two on the pitch is suicide.
as for schmelzer. he's at best average, IMO. großkeutz helps a lot in the defense and that's why you don't see many goals through the left side of dortmund. if a podolski like player plays infront of schmelzer where he's left alone he's very prone to mistakes and if I'm not entirely wrong, he was the reason germany conceaded 2 or 3 goals from switzerland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom