• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer editor is teasing a top, top secret "thing" (reveal)

That's the first thing I thought of too. And I would go bananas if it was anything like TS2.

i1LAwe3ki6GnY.png
I could go for some of that.

DR3AM

even if we think about the worst possible announcement, they will still top it with something worse.

dont get your hopes high

If this turns out to be TimeSplitters 4 on Wii U (or any other platform, I don't care) then I'm going to sacrifice a goat to Iwata and/oor Dennis Doak.

I would also be satisfied with a Second Sight 2.

EDIT: Wait, Doak left the company? Well, then I don't know which person I have to sacrifice a goat for. Better not slaughter it unnecessarily...

TriGen

Isn't it weird that a site like Eurogamer would have info and not spill it? I thought they were like gaming reporters, it would be like a NFL insider knowing Tom Brady was going to be traded but said "oh you guys won't believe what's about to go down! but i'm not saying what it is". I'm not saying their doing anything bad it just seems weird to have reporters tease like a dev and not repor like reporterst.

I guess I just don't get the point, it seems like breaking a story that would make the internet go crazy would be a nice feather in a reporters cap and would bring big credibility to their site. Everyone is different though I suppose, I just know if I was a paid journalist and had big info, I would make sure I was the first to report so I could get a reliable rep.

plufim

Eurogamer, like many other sites, would often have embargoed information.

I just would have expected Eurogamer to be more professional than this sort of non-specific bullshit.

Why many are speculating that this would be a Wii U related announcement?
I think it's more of a game announcement like "Time Splitter 4"

bhlaab

He's going to reveal that he's a hack journalist who brags about insider information, tweets corny teases, and is nothing but a platform for advertisements.

TriGen

I just would have expected Eurogamer to be more professional than this sort of non-specific bullshit.

So your saying Eurogamer doesn't have reporters they just post verified news? I seriously don't know anything about Eurogamer I just thought they reported inside information, like if they knew something they would say like a sports insider, I didn't realise they employed columnist not reporters, because there is a big difference, if that's the case though then I guess I understand.

Mario007

So your saying Eurogamer doesn't have reporters they just post verified news? I seriously don't know anything about Eurogamer I just thought they reported inside information, like if they knew something they would say like a sports insider, I didn't realise they employed columnist not reporters, because there is a big difference, if that's the case though then I guess I understand.

While i'm sure Eurogamer has insider sources etc for rumours, this guy is actually saying that he's seen a game that blew his mind and he wants to tell us all about it but can't. The main point in all that is that he's actually seen the game, so most likely some sort of an event was held for the game, people were embargoed, and now we're just waiting till the embargo finishes, which, according to this editor, will be soon.

It's a fucking twitter post, if you expected Eurogamer to be above Twitter, then you have some sort of learning disability.

TriGen

The banana wording sure seems like a hint but I can't think of a game that would be a big deal overall that makes sense. I would love a DK game for launch with the Wii U but it doesn't sound like something that he would tease in that way.

Rodhull

I've no idea what the split between the US and the rest of the world is but the idea that Halo, in the UK at least isn't popular is pretty far off the mark. I remember when Halo Reach came out it was one of the biggest uk launches in history.

Halo 3 was about a 3:1 split US to worldwide.
Which still makes Halo a multi-million selling franchise in Europe.

I don't see the point of teasing something like this without any kind of format or date hint. It's not like I'm going to check Eurogamer every day for a vague promise of a future preview.

Robot Pants

So between this, the KILLER REBOOT from OXM and the recent knews about AC3, are they at all related to each other?
Who's in charge here?

Nope. Seriously a dick move by the guy. "You won't have to wait for long."

Games are revealed basically every day. I don't see why a journalist saying "oh man, a CRAZY thing is gonna get revealed soon!" should be taken any more seriously than if he said "oh man, the world is continuing to spin around!"

On April 3rd this year, a game will get announced. I've no idea what, but it's hardly worth starting a thread for it until it happens. On April 4th this year, a game will get announced. Etc.

Dabanton

Never take Twitter game related 'teasers' properly. It's always about the journo knowing stuff you don't and rubbing his followers faces in it.

Saying shit like "Soon" is the ultimate get out clause give us a date or stfu.

Never take Twitter game related 'teasers' properly. It's always about the journo knowing stuff you don't and rubbing his followers faces in it.

thats a negative way to look at it. usually when i know something important others dont, i have the urge to tell people, it's human nature and why secrets are rarely kept. Also, why I wouldn't be good with NDA's LOL, they'd be like a torture sentence to me.

ArjanN

thats a negative way to look at it. usually when i know something important others dont, i have the urge to tell people, it's human nature and why secrets are rarely kept. Also, why I wouldn't be good with NDA's LOL, they'd be like a torture sentence to me.

I'm fine with these kind of tweets if you actually give hints at what it is, or give an actual date for when you can talk about it. Otherwise you should really just keep quiet.

Massa

Hanmik

damn.. every gaming site out there is teasing something...

this is from the chiefeditor at www.gamereactor.dk a danish gaming website. They have somekind of livefeed, mini twitter thing on their site, where he wrote this..

zUSde.jpg

it translates to:

Just got the world's wildest news, but cannot say anything yet.

he posted this on the 8th..

Top Bottom