• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer editor is teasing a top, top secret "thing" (reveal)

SteveWD40

Meh, lots of teasing, generating ad hits / hype for something that will no doubt be a let down.

Unless it's: HL3, SteamBox, Next Gen console, BG3 or one of the other things that will actually make the internet melt down they need to STFU or end up like the boy who cried wolf.

Hanmik

that is danish? What does 'Arrrhrghrghrgh' mean in english?

angry_man.png

I don't know if it's Donkey Kong Country Returns 2. It's pretty obvious that's being made, so I don't see the internet going bananas if DKCR2 was announced, just really pleased.

Microsoft still hasn't entered the portable race. Is it possible, even remotely so, that Rare and Nintendo could be collaborating on a new 3DS Donkey Kong? THAT I could see people going bananas over.

Feature

Banned
and that was supposed to get the internet to go bananas? ACIII?

Ye sure, that game is in the league of HL... *facepalm.jpg*

Unless it's: HL3, SteamBox, Next Gen console, BG3 or one of the other things that will actually make the internet melt down they need to STFU or end up like the boy who cried wolf.

Couldn't agree more. Game journalism is so much about hyperbole now that they're actually hurting developers because of stupid expectations.

Edit: All this shit was for ACIII? Fucking kidding me? Let's go bananas over Modern Warfare 4 or Black Ops 2 next.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
So, a month after the OP, did we find out what it was? Did I just miss it? Or are we still waiting?
That's the tragedy of these open-ended tweets from people who can't be bothered to follow up.

Can't have been AC3... that'd be so boring as a reveal.

Globox_82

Banned
This journalist hype shit like crazy. Just because they are privileged to see some things earlier they think it's special. AC thing was yawn and I love AC games.

Busty

Banned
I see the 'pre-E3' mania has started earlier than usual. Probably because GDC didn't have any big announcements this year.

I have no doubt that we'll find out whatever it is at E3 so until then just relax.

Mik2121

Man, it's like Eurogamer or Game Informer always have the next big thing coming the following month, and then when that month comes, the reveal usually ends up being something we already knew about (just some extra info) or something that everybody saw coming, or something similar...

Man, it's like Eurogamer or Game Informer always have the next big thing coming the following month, and then when that month comes, the reveal usually ends up being something we already knew about (just some extra info) or something that everybody saw coming, or something similar...

GI has had some actually kind of suprisingly good reveals more recently. Got to give credit where it's due.

Mlatador

Banned
Which one?

HL3 (its overdue)
Shenmue 3 (neeeeever)
Battlefront 3 (would make too much sense)

Final Fantasy VII remake (yeah, sure... right after Versus XIII)

WOW 2 (in 3 years MAYBE)

Timesplitters 4 (would be nice)

Eusis

The KARA video? Meh. It was cool but why would the internet go bananas over that? It's not even a game.
I think there'd be an impending Blue Stinger 2 announcement and they'd STILL say "the internet will go bananas". Then again, I guess that would be so completely unexpected a lot of people would go "what the fuck?"

Top Bottom