• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf comes out in less than a month.....where's the coverage?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
This game comes out on 8/29 unless there was some delay i didn't hear about..?? Seems weird to me at this point that there really hasn't been any in depth hands on previews/videos of the final version coming in a few weeks.

Hit me with a pitching wedge if there are recent things and i missed them.

I'd guess the push would be in Japan?

I love HS Golf (and refuse to call the version that comes out here anything else).

Missed out on the beta and was hoping there'd be some coverage. Also wish it came out at the beginning of the month instead of the end so it doesn't get trampled by destiny a week later

DZ_b_EZ

SWEET GODDESS! THIS IS ALSO LAUNCHING AT THE END OF THE MONTH??!

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! 😲😥😥

Brizzo24

This game comes out on 8/29 unless there was some delay i didn't hear about..?? Seems weird to me at this point that there really hasn't been any in depth hands on previews/videos of the final version coming in a few weeks.

Hit me with a pitching wedge if there are recent things and i missed them.

There's no press release, or information on GamesPress either. Weird! The last update is a few E3 screenshots.

I had a chance to play it at E3 a few weeks ago, but that's only because it was one of the only games on the floor that didn't have a line :(

El-Suave

They might still hold a press event for a round of previews. There is also Gamescom right before its release so Sony might pimp it to the press that is attending although review copies will probably already be sent out by then.

timmyp53

That a serious question? It's a cutesy golf game. Anybody looking to buy it is or isn't. What should they do? Throw millions behind an anime style ad.Yeah... nah.

Embargoed too

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
That a serious question? It's a cutesy golf game. Anybody looking to buy it is or isn't. What should they do? Throw millions behind an anime style ad.Yeah... nah.

Embargoed too

With your thought process above, there should never be any big previews on Mario games or any other big franchise titles...because hey, anyone looking to buy it is or isn't.

krae_man

All the marketing dollars are going towards Uncharted Lost Legacy and whatever scraps are left will go to Knack 2.

Chris R

Beta timing didn't work out for me, hoping to get some solid single player impressions closer to launch, the whole "open course" and non-golfing aspects are things I don't care about.

kdoll08

So in Japan the Playstation blog has been doing some previews and videos periodically and it has been ramping up in the last couple of weeks. Obviously Everybody's Golf is much bigger over there but you would hope that we would see some stuff over here soon. I'll be doing the OT so if any one wants to add anything just send me a PM. Here is a link to the stories from the Japan blog if anyone wants to read them. Make sure to open the links with crome or something that will translate for you.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/search-results/psblog/search.x?sort=1&tagid=880&q="New みんなのGOLF"

YO I never miss a Hot Shots game....

Except maybe this one :(

The Golf Club 2 is really scratching that golf itch, and I'm not sure I want to go through ANOTHER career mode of HSG.

zenspider

No idea but I haven't really been looking. A lot us coming out that day as well - maybe a big push on PSN but I don't see much more.

Thanks to the Amazon glitch that allowed me to purchase it for $10, I'll be playing it day one. Hoping it's a great entry in the series.

kdoll08

It's more of a Japan game than anything, but also the beta didn't feel great.

I mean to each his own but the beta seemed really fun to me. I thought I would get sick of since we could only play the same 9 holes over and over but it never did. I played in a group chat with some other Gafers and long time fans of the series and while it's not perfect I still thought it was really well done.

Griss

YO I never miss a Hot Shots game....

Except maybe this one :(

The Golf Club 2 is really scratching that golf itch, and I'm not sure I want to go through ANOTHER career mode of HSG.

Golf Club 2 is phenomenal but if you played the EG beta you'd know it's a must buy. I was expecting the worst and utterly loved it.

Koren

I mean to each his own but the beta seemed really fun to me. I thought I would get sick of since we could only play the same 9 holes over and over but it never did. I played in a group chat with some other Gafers and long time fans of the series and while it's not perfect I still thought it was really well done.
Is there impressions somewhere (or in a couple words, what isn't 'perfect')?

I'll definitively buy the game at launch, but I still don't own a PS4 yet (I've waited for hardware updates/price cuts since there's not that many games I'm interested in on PS4, then when I was nearly ready to pull the trigger, Pro happened and I don't know anymore which I should buy... It's annoying :/ )

If there's a GAF community, I may finally pull the trigger (although you need to pay to play online, now?)

Rflagg

I wonder if there will be any Guest Characters this time? lol i loved when they had Kratos

Playstation access had a video where they played as Shuhei Yoshida, but I not sure if that is something everyone will get for free or they will have some dlc premade characters you can buy separately or whatever, but everyone else I have seen is custom made by players. I am really looking forward to this game as I always loved this series and the rpg like elements of getting better with each club and spin are going allow me to enjoy this game longer than I every have.

kdoll08

Is there impressions somewhere (or in a couple words, what isn't 'perfect')?

I'll definitively buy the game at launch, but I still don't own a PS4 yet (I've waited for hardware updates/price cuts since there's not that many games I'm interested in on PS4, then when I was nearly ready to pull the trigger, Pro happened and I don't know anymore which I should buy... It's annoying :/ )

If there's a GAF community, I may finally pull the trigger (although you need to pay to play online, now?)

The biggest problem in my mind is that they changed the putting from 2 click to 3 click which makes it harder for people that are not robots on perfect impact.

There will be a GAF community. I'll have a google doc in the OT when it goes up.

mrk8885

Banned
You're asking where's the coverage on a niche cartoon golf game whose last outing (vita if I'm not mistaken ) wasn't very good?

Hmm

You're asking where's the coverage on a niche cartoon golf game whose last outing (vita if I'm not mistaken ) wasn't very good?

Hmm
I'm still playing the Vita version. Just today in fact. I realized today I have replays saved from 2012, when i was showing the game to a friend when I was playing it on break at work.

I love HSG Vita so, so much. I think no matter what, it will forever be my favorite version due to all of the amazing Vita features integration into the game. From the front and rear touch, the gyroscope, everything - in all my years of playing tons of vita games I don't think anything comes close to the expertise and slickness of simple features executed so well in so many ways. I can't wait for the PS4 version, as it will be my first console version. I've put probably put over a thousand hours easy on bob the Vita and PSP version, the only two I've played. I also ant wait for the mobile version, and I bet I'll likely finally be a sucker for micro transactions with that title.

Top Bottom