• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf comes out in less than a month.....where's the coverage?

So here it is a day later, and we still don't know whether Everybody's Golf - PS4, at some point, offers a real time, Advanced Swing meter that requires the user to rely on the golfer animation for the power click? Why is this such a deeply veiled secret!?

Daffy Duck

So here it is a day later, and we still don't know whether Everybody's Golf - PS4, at some point, offers a real time, Advanced Swing meter that requires the user to rely on the golfer animation for the power click? Why is this such a deeply veiled secret!?

From playing the game it doesn't appear so.

I did a quiz on the game and it appears to be the three button press system or a simpler two button press system.

solaaire

Neo Member
From playing the game it doesn't appear so.

I did a quiz on the game and it appears to be the three button press system or a simpler two button press system.

Certain advanced tactics appear to be gated by time or progress. If something is not yet available to you that doesn't necessarily mean it is not in the game!

I mean who can we tweet to about this advanced shot conundrum?

doesn't shu have an avatar in this? he might retweet the question to the proper authorities lol

btkadams

I didn’t realize there are custom characters in this one now... I’m even more hyped! I always thought the characters in hot shots looked a bit boring (even with equipping different outfits), so this should be fun.

Daffy Duck

Certain advanced tactics appear to be gated by time or progress. If something is not yet available to you that doesn't necessarily mean it is not in the game!

doesn't shu have an avatar in this? he might retweet the question to the proper authorities lol

It was in the game quiz a question is asked and it tells you about the mechanics of the game

Specifically mentions two methods, would be off to hide any mention of another.

Stratford upon Avon.

sphinx

the piano man
can someone explain the whole "online dependant" thing I read some days ago in this thread??

I am here for the single player first and foremost....

Pretty sure I remember hearing somewhere it's only 3 click now.

Whatever, the other stuff was easy mode basically (well except for actual one click easy mode lol).

Bought a moustache, and made another character :

Still loving the game btw, just unlocked Rank 3. The new course is quite nice - I like the music.

Question for those who are also Rank 3 :
where is the item on the floor in the home area ? I can't find it... The first one was at your feet but this one seems hidden.

it took me ages, but it's just
on the part near the beach and sun beds on the main path next to bushes.

Pretty sure I remember hearing somewhere it's only 3 click now.

Whatever, the other stuff was easy mode basically (well except for actual one click easy mode lol).

I just got confirmation from someone (ncaa380) tuned in to Stargateheaven's broadcast that Advanced Swing is NOT available in Everybody's Golf... excuse me while I scurry off to Amazon.com to cancel my pre-order!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished uncharted lost legacy so going to pop into game first thing to see if they have it on sale. If not I’ll keep my digital preorder

moozoom

it took me ages, but it's just
on the part near the beach and sun beds on the main path next to bushes.

Thanks !! Wow, it's only glittering if you are close by... quite hard to see.
Rank 3 ramps up the difficulty quite a bit for me, I went from doing Eagles and Birdies every hole, to Bogeys bunkers and hazards. Ouch !

23qwerty

Does it downsample on 1080p?

Not sure, I'm guessing yes since the PS4 Pro settings are an ingame toggle though

fqYxP1K.jpg

Thanks !! Wow, it's only glittering if you are close by... quite hard to see.
Rank 3 ramps up the difficulty quite a bit for me, I went from doing Eagles and Birdies every hole, to Bogeys bunkers and hazards. Ouch !

i know right!!

All the items are hard to find in this game, even down to course items. :(

Any idea what "items found" at the top means? it doesnt seem to link with any items im picking up

RodzTF

How do you do backspin and topspin in this?

Never played EG before.

When you take your shot (hit the impact meter):
Hold 'down' directional button for backspin
Hold 'up' directional button for topspin

Super backspin (stronger spin with blue flame if perfect impact) hold up then down on backswing

Super topspin vice versa

Daffy Duck

Same here. Does anyone know?

There's a single player tournament you play, you just play tournaments to rank up and then there's a 1v1 you do.

I've just done three 1v1's and now hit rank 2.

When you take your shot (hit the impact meter):
Hold 'down' directional button for backspin
Hold 'up' directional button for topspin

Super backspin (stronger spin with blue flame if perfect impact) hold up then down on backswing

Super topspin vice versa

Sweet, thanks.

moozoom

Crap I forgot about this, will I need ps+ just to play it?
No you don't, I'm not a Ps plus subscriber and I have access to the online mode -at least the part where you can upload your rankings and participate in the daily events. Also the single player is totally playable without internet. I also managed to teleport to join a friend who was online, see his avatar on the course and do some emotes. I don't think we could have played together though.

The team mode is closed for me - i'm getting an error probably because i'm not a PS PLUS member .

So i just got a hole-in-one on course 2, hole 11.

I'm the current champion of the hole! woohoo! of course it was in "unofficial" so no trophy for me :'(

SpotAnime

You're asking where's the coverage on a niche cartoon golf game whose last outing (vita if I'm not mistaken ) wasn't very good?

Hmm

What the WHAT?!?

Hot Shots Golf games are always great. There hasn't been a bad release. Heck, even the Mario games are some of my favorites (N64, 3DS).

But that's the problem, eh? They're always good, but I have like five different versions on different consoles. The last one on Vita has scratched my itch, so why do I need this on the PS4? Unless it's just to play on the PS4...

What does this one do new or different to get me to buy it?

So does this game have 2-4 player split screen like you see in the online games?

Can the wife and I couch/ play together without taking turns?

No you don't, I'm not a Ps plus subscriber and I have access to the online mode -at least the part where you can upload your rankings and participate in the daily events. Also the single player is totally playable without internet. I also managed to teleport to join a friend who was online, see his avatar on the course and do some emotes. I don't think we could have played together though.

The team mode is closed for me - i'm getting an error probably because i'm not a PS PLUS member .

Sounds good thanks ☺

Top Bottom